For me, the lag in this game is frigging ridiculous now.

Enfield1907
67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited April 21
Seriously, I just had a couple of games after months of not playing it. The lag now is way worse than anything I encountered before. Just running down the road is a really difficult and frustrating experience, what with all of the rubber banding. It's seriously like trying to walk through treacle! 

And trying to dive into cover to avoid fire? Half of the time you can forget about that! Just when I think I've got into that bunker, NOPE, I'm rubber-banded back to just outside the entrance. 

When I set up my MG the lag causes it to make little movements after the fact, when is annoying as well. 

Post edited by Enfield1907 on

Comments

• Borg_QC
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely, this game is getting worse and worse since its release, to be avoided for all those who still haven't bought it.

The last update is terrible. The servers are terrible. The netcode...  >:)
  • SAP-ReApEr
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same here. 16ms latency so good there, LAG is crazy. I have even sat still and watch static graphics return to blurry, then load completely. Similar to the tank reticle taking multiple seconds to show up each time you enter etc. For me and others on PS4, I really think the console has issues. Just to get to the ps4 xmb, there is so much lag while BFV is running.
    TBH I am worried that the PS5 will not be powerful enough, then pushed to the edge again. A gaming console should be for gaming only with chat. Other than that, shut everything else off. :)
  • SAP-ReApEr
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    tried to play tonight. took 5 seconds to bring up the order hud in a match :/
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cheap servers, cheap coding.
  • SAP-ReApEr
    Cheap servers, cheap coding.

Yep. I also wonder why it takes SOOO long to leave a match?  How about when this lag happens, it takes sometimes 10 or more seconds for the option screen to come up while in a match. This should be on the console side but it's not. It obviously has to talk to the server to get the scores and it has a huge delay.. Just crazy.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    383 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Okay this lag problem is only on ps4?
    I got pc and i can run it
  • Celsi_GER
    791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also no problems on PC, with a ping from 29-31ms.
    Only thing I can acknowledge is that sometime it takes minutes to end a game (black screen, circling mouse pointer).
    But no ingame lag at all, hit detection is okay.
  • Matty101yttam
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 15
    Haven't had the hud or interface issues, but i have noticed about 2 patches ago the game is a lot worse.
    I REALLY struggle to play it now, it's just pure frustration.
    I've been playing in my community for a while now and there's guys i know i can easily take but i'm dumping 15 rounds in to get kills and all enemy shots are instadeath for me.
    I'm being shot through entire buildings, movement feels slower and vaulting takes up to 5 jumps to get over sometimes.
    Guns also seem to get some delays(not sure why) often am tracking people that don't know i'm there and the gun takes so long to fire they take 1 hit and end up behind cover instead of say 4 hits and dying.
  • TFBisquit
    2282 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it happens sometimes on PC too.
    With a low ping. Sometimes textures stay blurry and get loaded in while you're already running around. Then the magic bullets many seem to be issued with.
    Servers are not smooth and quite often there is a delay of one to two seconds on my client. Which no doubt explain those magic bullets.
    It will be the same for any next bf game, as long as they keep rsp out.
  • emerson1975
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 15
    First time I played this game in ages and yep the netcode is abysmal!
    One bullet death machines everywhere and dying miles behind cover with a 12ms ping.
    Turn the servers off and call it a day because all your doing is making yourselves look even more incompetent than we know you already are!
  • 123loreni
    115 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PC user here with 24 inch monitor no problems at all.
  • SAP-ReApEr
    tried again tonight on ps4. Forget it. Spawn and cannot move for 5 seconds, then dead. Random stop, and spin in circles as everything catches up. About 5 times I had enough. Latency shown on Scoreboard was anywhere from 16ms to 146. Many around 90 and if I was able to kill them, it was luck. So it's just the PS4 version they made too large so it has trouble? Or is it all the foreign players on a U.S. server for me?  No point in playing, and I think I will hang it up. Not trusting the PS5 either. I am just at the point where I don;t really care to play MP anymore. We all know there will never be balance and will always be exploits everyone gets from youtube videos. Good for them, moms basement must be awesome   /rant
  • 123loreni
    I guess PC is more expensive for a reason...
  • mesterKG
    138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Never had lag issues on PC. Been playing since launch.
  • 123loreni
    mesterKG said:
    Never had lag issues on PC. Been playing since launch.
    and for how long do you think there will be players on servers?
  • mesterKG
    138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    123loreni wrote: »
    (Quote)

I can find full eu servers easily still. I hope it remains so for all of 2020 at least.
  • 123loreni
    mesterKG said:
    123loreni wrote: »
    (Quote)

I can find full eu servers easily still. I hope it remains so for all of 2020 at least.
    I guess it can change quickly? Like when BF6 comes out...

And how do you know it's an eu server?
  • CloneTrooperCT
    383 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Yeah it happens sometimes on PC too.
    With a low ping. Sometimes textures stay blurry and get loaded in while you're already running around. Then the magic bullets many seem to be issued with.
    Servers are not smooth and quite often there is a delay of one to two seconds on my client. Which no doubt explain those magic bullets.
    It will be the same for any next bf game, as long as they keep rsp out.

Did you change the blur in the settings to zero?
    How are your graphic settings in the games?
  • CloneTrooperCT
    SAP-ReApEr wrote: »
    tried again tonight on ps4. Forget it. Spawn and cannot move for 5 seconds, then dead. Random stop, and spin in circles as everything catches up. About 5 times I had enough. Latency shown on Scoreboard was anywhere from 16ms to 146. Many around 90 and if I was able to kill them, it was luck. So it's just the PS4 version they made too large so it has trouble? Or is it all the foreign players on a U.S. server for me?  No point in playing, and I think I will hang it up. Not trusting the PS5 either. I am just at the point where I don;t really care to play MP anymore. We all know there will never be balance and will always be exploits everyone gets from youtube videos. Good for them, moms basement must be awesome   /rant

You use ethernet cable?
    Did you put the graphics settings in the game down? Even shutdown the blur