Battlefield 2021 wish list!

Axlerod1
1388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited May 3

Bring back Premium and get rid of Live service model!

Welcome to games as a service live model.
I told you all this would happen because EA can pull the plug at anytime. This is what FREE DLC gets you.

So who is the greedy one?
They could not do this with premium. The had to disclose what the premium got you.

Also Bring Back Admin Controlled 3rd Party Rental Servers.

Battlelog 2.0

Better Kill Cam with slow motion and bullet trajectory. Also played 5 seconds after the kill.

Platoons and or clans

Better Anti-cheat system

Post edited by Axlerod1 on

Comments

• DingoKillr
    4299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 30
    Premium was a marketing tool to pre-sell DLC that is it.

Nothing made DLC better than frequent updates. If you are going to complain about bugged updates. I suggest you go look at the DLC in past games many of those had bugs too on release.

What content was on the live service? Cosmetics. So nothing that gave a unfair advantage.

I am total disappointed that is your main wish for Future BF a marketing tool.

You could have gone with
    - Bayonet as a option on all guns with lower power scopes.
    - Recticle customization combo of BF4/1
    - For a player to be able to physical move a vehicle. Turn AT canon, push a boat back into water.
    - Specialize Melee weapon, shovel can dig fox holes.
    - Grappling rope, Zip line, Car Radio, Chopper pickup or Scuba gear.
    - Elite weapon pickup Flamer, Sniper Rifles or AT mortar.
    - Melee action to strike down using a weapon's stock.
    - Drag a dead team mate.
    - Naval combat.
    - In game commander and assets.
    - more weapons gadgets.

There is so much more for a wish list based off what BFV has now.
  • IICpt_KirbyII
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they'll keep and improve
    -Battlefield V squad score sistem and improve it also add more vehicles you can bring to the battle.
    -fortifications, you should be able to build them where you want, i feel this will always change the map and how the battle is fought everytime.
    -have the damage model of Battlefield V before the TTK. I want to feel like guns shoot bullets not potatoes.
    -have stamina like in Battlefield 2.
    -keep the BFV vehicle physics. I really like that tanks in BFV needed teamwork or else they are weak unlike the other Battlefields where you could take on the entire enemy team by yourself. The gunner seat i feel needs to have more protection and visibility, also to get out in the direction you are looking. I had a lot of fun as an airplane gunner in BF1 and also dropping smart bombs in BF2.
    -keep the 3D minimal like in BFV.

• StarscreamUK
    7523 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    1. A more robust or ate least visible anti-cheat
    2. Battlelog 2.0
    3. crossplay would be nice (IF option 1 was done)
  • Carbonic
    1886 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    My list is huge, but here are perhaps some overlooked things I'm guessing I want better for the next Battlefield:
    • Battlelog v.2 with tournament creation functionality and full UI for community servers with script functionality with access to UI elements and wide API access to the server instance.
    • A more complete, stable and functional backend, framework and tools allowing for quick workflow and turnaround time. Hardcoding that stuff in saves time so you can release a game quicker but maintaining it and adding to it is a slow and error-prone endeavor. Adding maps, achievements, assignments, weapons, vehicles etc. should not take that long and should not cause the same bugs over and over again.
    • A proper kill cam - a slow-motion view of how you died so we avoid all the false cheating accusations. I'm talking several seconds where we matrix style see the first-person view of your killer shooting the killing shot, then go out of body and follow the bullet with a red line being drawn to show it's trajectory and then yourself getting hit followed by a detailed list of who shot you,for how much and with what. I want no more of that "here is what the person that killed you did 5 seconds after you were killed" stuff.
  • Axlerod1
    1388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like those ideas on Battlelog V2.0. 

If premium was a marketing tool then why did dice and EA tell everyone the DLC was free in BFV? Because it was a marketing tool
    BF1942 through BF4 was never an issue with DLC. That didn't really start until BFV. 
    I am total disappointed you do not understand.
  • DingoKillr
    4299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 1
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

If premium was a marketing tool then why did dice and EA tell everyone the DLC was free in BFV? Because it was a marketing tool
    BF1942 through BF4 was never an issue with DLC. That didn't really start until BFV. 
    I understand better than you think. You like many believe that prepaying for new content will guarantee you will get content fine. You however are ignoring the cost to the company to deliver such content.

Different times.
    BF1942 through to BF2 you bought a CD to get new content it was called expansion.

BF3 and BF4 kept the package idea, allowing for infrequent downloads. Internet technology was an issue too.

BF1 started to have more frequent patches but still kept DLC. It became clear DLC maps/modes became less frequently played. A few complained that they needed to buy a DLC to get a specific weapon.

BFV every player has access to the same weapon, maps and modes. There are no DLC in BFV and what was in past DLC is now free. If you want skins for your character you need to pay.

Here the thing if DICE can make enough money to cover the cost of making new content DICE will make extra. DLC even with their biggest seller BF1 must not have sold as well as the game. DICE was losing money with DLC and with technology changes this allowed DICE to look at a different way.

Because BFV late live service and low numbers means that DICE can cut short support without making to much of a loss, which is what happened.
  • FFoXX
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DONT BAN WHITOUT REASON VETERAN PLAYERS ops I dont buy more products EA next this.
    EA dont respect your client for pre-sell anything. I buy my all BF series in pre-sell respecting all history EA, but all history take two sides.
    Sorry I lose my respect for this company. 
    I dont believe in all histories, but this time happens, and I know, I dont do anything wrong. I never need use support before, and just I need this happen. Just dont answer.

• StarscreamUK
    7523 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    FFoXX said:
    DONT BAN WHITOUT REASON VETERAN PLAYERS ops I dont buy more products EA next this.
    EA dont respect your client for pre-sell anything. I buy my all BF series in pre-sell respecting all history EA, but all history take two sides.
    Sorry I lose my respect for this company. 
    I dont believe in all histories, but this time happens, and I know, I dont do anything wrong. I never need use support before, and just I need this happen. Just dont answer.

EA havent banned you, in your other posts about being banned you havent once said what the battlelog ban message was.  (launch through battlelog and it will give you the ban reason)

But punkbuster hasnt been used since bf hardline.  BF1, BFV dont use punkbuster.

• kreepypriest
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’m not super technical but if they implement something to discourage players that play out of region would be nice..Also some one probably mentioned it. A server rental program where an admin can control everything about it..I doubt it’s possible but make updates under 10GiGs for the people who live in the boonies with potato internet providers..if they’re going to make soldier customization a thing now don’t half azz it I want to wear a wedding dress with high heels. Like corporal klinger..with silly face paint and a rainbow cape.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

I understand better than you think. You like many believe that prepaying for new content will guarantee you will get content fine. You however are ignoring the cost to the company to deliver such content.

Different times.
    BF1942 through to BF2 you bought a CD to get new content it was called expansion.

BF3 and BF4 kept the package idea, allowing for infrequent downloads. Internet technology was an issue too.

BF1 started to have more frequent patches but still kept DLC. It became clear DLC maps/modes became less frequently played. A few complained that they needed to buy a DLC to get a specific weapon.

BFV every player has access to the same weapon, maps and modes. There are no DLC in BFV and what was in past DLC is now free. If you want skins for your character you need to pay.

Here the thing if DICE can make enough money to cover the cost of making new content DICE will make extra. DLC even with their biggest seller BF1 must not have sold as well as the game. DICE was losing money with DLC and with technology changes this allowed DICE to look at a different way.

Because BFV late live service and low numbers means that DICE can cut short support without making to much of a loss, which is what happened.

It would not bother me a bit if they advertised on bill boards on the sides of building, roads, etc. Guinness beer trucks rolling by, breweries. You can sell these views.

• DingoKillr
    (Quote)
    It would not bother me a bit if they advertised on bill boards on the sides of building, roads, etc. Guinness beer trucks rolling by, breweries. You can sell these views.

DICE did that back in BF2. In game advertising I guess it was the wrong timing for it to work well.

A modern setting with advertise sure, I could see maccas being used in BF moment. If you have live service and frequent updates a company could hire a advert spot for months.
  • StarscreamUK
    Thats a whole new can of worms.  The UK for example they have outlawed fast food advertising near schools etc, so all adverts would have to be localised (to a: ensure the advertiser is available and allowed, b: that the advertiser will get enough "views" for their product)
  • Tostone
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The biggest problem with the most recent games is the limiting of the Sandbox feeling. At first it started with limiting the destruction seen in Bad Company 2 due to concerns of map-leveling(which didn’t even happen enough to be so concerned about, and when it did it was awesome). Then they went and added tailored vehicle soldier classes in BF1/5 which prevented vehicle waste BUT also decreased those “ONLY IN BATTLEFIELD” moments. It’s great to be able to nab a helicopter without consequence to your class and rain hell fire then jump out when you deem fit and shoot an RPG at a jet or lay some C4 on a tank while in parachute. Before you had a CHOICE to PTFO or Sandbox or a bit of both. But recently it’s felt like you’ve been forcing PTFO down our throats in a very rigid way. I miss the freedom of the old battlefields. I want to see freedom in Battlefield 2021. It’s what made Bad company 2 great. Freedom.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would like:
    -more weapon customization, that isn't just cosmetic, like actually changing parts and they have meaningful differences. But more cosmetic options would be nice too, like new materials e.g. metals, furniture, also engravings. Gun condition, worn, new, dirty etc.
    -Less soldier customization. Some would be nice, but I didn't like BFV's way of just throwing out recognizable class silhouettes. Basic things like soldier gender, race etc. but also different vest options/configurations would be great. Maybe different eyewear and face coverings. Stuff to differentiate you, but not make you unrecognizable as the class you're playing. Plus watches, gloves, tattoos, rolled/unrolled sleeves, knife customization etc. Things that are noticeable in 1st person would be cool.
    -Options to ditch certain gadgets and secondaries entirely while giving the player different benefits. Maybe ditching a gadget like an AT Mine gives you more Launcher Ammo, but it takes longer to replenish. Or ditching your secondary weapon gives you an extra grenade. I basically want the freedom to play the way I want to without being bogged down by forced teamplay. I'm a teamplayer, I just hate having my hand held like a baby.
    -I like the inclusion of tank/pilot classes, but it would be nice to be able to customize them alongside vehicle customization. Not just appearance wise, but give them gadgets for more fun and survivability, while still being hindered by comparatively weak primaries.
    -Almost total remove of excessive animations. The 10 second long animations for entering and exiting vehicles is one of the major reasons why OIBM have dropped massively. Things like the Rendezook are now impossible. I want quick, fluid gameplay again.
    -Full option RSP like BF3-4.
    -Old style of gunplay with random spread. While in theory I like BFV's style of recoil pattern gunplay, in practice it's awful. Spread was more consistent across the board in terms of TTK and really allowed for reactionary retaliation. BFV's style just led to twitch shooting, and basically the person who shoots first wins 99% of the time. But keep suppression out.
    -Less focus on visuals and more focus on performance across all platforms. Locking consoles at 30FPS on 30MHz servers is wack. I think the majority of players would prefer a smooth experience regardless of setup over stuff like RTX lighting.
    -Removal of offensive Squad Requisitions. They're basically COD killstreaks at this point. I think they should be limited to things like Smoke Barrages, Resupplies, transport vehicle, or even lightly armored vehicle drops. They should be things to help, but not not kill a whole enemy team in seconds. That's ridiculous.
    -Bring back universal kit weapons like in BF3-4. Making hybrid classes is fun and allows for new and unique gameplay.
  • DingoKillr
    I would like:
    -more weapon customization, that isn't just cosmetic, like actually changing parts and they have meaningful differences. But more cosmetic options would be nice too, like new materials e.g. metals, furniture, also engravings. Gun condition, worn, new, dirty etc.
    -Less soldier customization. Some would be nice, but I didn't like BFV's way of just throwing out recognizable class silhouettes. Basic things like soldier gender, race etc. but also different vest options/configurations would be great. Maybe different eyewear and face coverings. Stuff to differentiate you, but not make you unrecognizable as the class you're playing. Plus watches, gloves, tattoos, rolled/unrolled sleeves, knife customization etc. Things that are noticeable in 1st person would be cool.
    -Options to ditch certain gadgets and secondaries entirely while giving the player different benefits. Maybe ditching a gadget like an AT Mine gives you more Launcher Ammo, but it takes longer to replenish. Or ditching your secondary weapon gives you an extra grenade. I basically want the freedom to play the way I want to without being bogged down by forced teamplay. I'm a teamplayer, I just hate having my hand held like a baby.
    -I like the inclusion of tank/pilot classes, but it would be nice to be able to customize them alongside vehicle customization. Not just appearance wise, but give them gadgets for more fun and survivability, while still being hindered by comparatively weak primaries.
    -Almost total remove of excessive animations. The 10 second long animations for entering and exiting vehicles is one of the major reasons why OIBM have dropped massively. Things like the Rendezook are now impossible. I want quick, fluid gameplay again.
    -Full option RSP like BF3-4.
    -Old style of gunplay with random spread. While in theory I like BFV's style of recoil pattern gunplay, in practice it's awful. Spread was more consistent across the board in terms of TTK and really allowed for reactionary retaliation. BFV's style just led to twitch shooting, and basically the person who shoots first wins 99% of the time. But keep suppression out.
    -Less focus on visuals and more focus on performance across all platforms. Locking consoles at 30FPS on 30MHz servers is wack. I think the majority of players would prefer a smooth experience regardless of setup over stuff like RTX lighting.
    -Removal of offensive Squad Requisitions. They're basically COD killstreaks at this point. I think they should be limited to things like Smoke Barrages, Resupplies, transport vehicle, or even lightly armored vehicle drops. They should be things to help, but not not kill a whole enemy team in seconds. That's ridiculous.
    -Bring back universal kit weapons like in BF3-4. Making hybrid classes is fun and allows for new and unique gameplay.

- Enter/exit animation I think is to stop exploit in tank v tank. With crew sudden appearing and firing rockets. I am guessing that is why AT and repair are not the same class.

- Squad points is not in a good spot. Wining teams are earning points faster. Example defense points can easily be earnt if static play happens (Rush) giving them the ability to call in sooner. That makes those rounds even harder for the attacker. That encourages players on a losing team to quit early. Yet people complained about behemoth rewarding losing teams.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want to see a very visible and very public anti cheat effort. I’m not talking name and shame, I just want to know that EA is taking it seriously, much like a cop parked on a freeway shoulder reminding motorists that someone is paying attention.  
    Games come and go, but you remember the feeling of powerlessness when “management” doesn’t seem to care. 
  • Lotusninja_Akira
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 22
    Scrapping the idea. :blush:
    Post edited by Lotusninja_Akira on
  • Axlerod1
    Like the new VANGUARD and 2 step SMS account verification!!
  • Lotusninja_Akira
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 24
    1. I wish it would have strategic and tactical depth of Battlefield 2 and beyond that level.  Stuff like tactical maps and tactical command rose, in-game Commander with in-game assets and their real-time strategy screens, strategic 3D markings and/or colored smoke grenades in environment communicating needed interactions, mission log prioritising gameplay actions etc. Old-school systems brought to new light and modernised :wink:

2. Pace tuned down so there's phases of action instead of constant stream of action making taking down opponents and staying alive mean something. I would be towards more organized spawn system which could still be intuitively presented but not too harsh and hard to grasp for newcomers. Some way of combating zerg circle running in Conquest. What I earlier wrote would have been too harsh perhaps :blush:

3. More interactions with environment made possible which affects gameplay in meaningful way like dynamic balance of Commander and their assets, Commander HQs, bridges, buildings, vehicle transportation by transportation helicopters, fortifications, supply stations, towing of artillery pieces etc. sandbox elements.

4. Kit/Loadout system with more organized combat role playing supporting structure, just like the archetype loadouts meant to be in the developement phase. Have to revisit to watch some old footage of that system. It would have been revolution :)

5. Squad matchmaking algorithm created where players with similar "playing habits" would be placed together in solo squad joins to find like-minded players. If that's even technically possible or plausible. One can dream though :)

6. Edit: Totally forgot to mention custom emblem editor. Displaying emblem on weapons as an engraving, arm band on soldier, kill cam, vehicles and round ending screen. Battlefield 1 did this best.
    Post edited by Lotusninja_Akira on
  • Axlerod1
    all great ideas. Lets keep them going.