Can you still get the Fedorov-Degtyarev LMG?

CFPA_Football
36 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The Fedorov-Degtyarev LMG (pictured in the upper right of the illustration above) and the 1895 Rifle or the Mosin Rifle are the best Russian primary guns in the game. 
The Fedorov-Degtyarev LMG was available to Battlefield 1 players who pre-order Battlefield V. But now that BF-V is out, is it no longer possible to pre-order it, and hence they can no loner get the F-D LMG? 

One of my suggestions for updating the game would be to make the F-D LMG an unlockable weapon now that BF-V has been out and if it is no longer possible to acquire.

Comments

• BadWellzy89
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2
    I doubt it. I'd like to use varients of them weapons but will never be able to get it unless you pre ordered that rubbish game. They won't add them in imo
    Post edited by BadWellzy89 on
  • CFPA_Football
    36 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I doubt it. I'd like to use varients of them weapons but will never be able to get it unless you pre ordered that rubbish game. They won't add them in imo
    Makes sense.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes it’s technically possible though not officially.

I am not going to list the websites here for obvious reasons but there are unofficial sites that sell “Battlefield V Enlister Origin CD Key(s)” which once redeemed, should give you the 5 preorder weapons. I don’t know about console but it should work for PC since it uses Origin to redeem the code.

Note: I am not encouraging or discouraging anyone to try this method. I am simply stating that it is possible. Come to your own decision whether or not it is worth it.
  • Mtsyri
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

As I know you get absolutely all bonuses if you have Origin Access Premier. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• MarxistDictator
    5176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure of any way to get it on consoles. Sucks for those players since you get some oddball picks that are fun. Not a fan of the Fed LMG at all since it’s basically just a storm Fed with a bipod (and Storm medic guns suck because you can’t make good on the reduced recoil to hit more bullets because of the spread). Meanwhile the carbine Mosin M38 (the only carbine rifle with iron sights and an adjustable zero), BAR M1918 A2 (a BAR low weight with less horizontal recoil but more vertical) and M1919 (a Thompson that doesn’t have a disgusting view model and is of a still useful SMG variant unlike the Storm) are pretty cool.
  • Tunza42
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes it’s technically possible though not officially.

I am not going to list the websites here for obvious reasons but there are unofficial sites that sell “Battlefield V Enlister Origin CD Key(s)” which once redeemed, should give you the 5 preorder weapons. I don’t know about console but it should work for PC since it uses Origin to redeem the code.

Note: I am not encouraging or discouraging anyone to try this method. I am simply stating that it is possible. Come to your own decision whether or not it is worth it.

This works.  I have done it.  I suggest using google to find one if you are so inclined.   Just be aware you are taking a risk that the key won't work.  Don't take this as a recommendation from me ultimately the decision lies with you.

Personally, I think the regular Federov is a better weapon.  The only thing the Degtyarev has going for it is if you use its bipod.  Other than that it is inferior. There are already the BAR variants in the game, all of which I find better weapons.  Same goes for the Tommy gun (Annihilator).  The M38 is nothing special, just a carbine variant of M91, same damage profile.  I also got curious about these guns after been killed by one but honestly they aren't worth the money/risk.
  • Tunza42
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    and M1919 (a Thompson that doesn’t have a disgusting view model and is of a still useful SMG variant unlike the Storm) are pretty cool.

What do you mean?!? I tear people to shreds with the storm variant! I find it far better than the trench.  The M1919 is worse still!  I find the storm effective for slightly longer engagement distances, burst firing.  I only recently unlocked it (do to the ridiculous multi stepped assignment..... took forever to get the sickle) so who knows maybe in time my opinion will change.

I guess it depends on playstyle too.

:)
  • WetFishDB
    2310 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can’t comment on how to get it now, but holy cow do I find it a very fun gun to use. It’s better than its trench variant as it has the same stats, better sights, and a bipod which makes it a laser beam. It was very easy and very enjoyable to get that one to 100 service stars as it’s just so versatile.

It’s just a shame it looks so ugly.
  • MarxistDictator
    5176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tunza42 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    What do you mean?!? I tear people to shreds with the storm variant! I find it far better than the trench.  The M1919 is worse still!  I find the storm effective for slightly longer engagement distances, burst firing.  I only recently unlocked it (do to the ridiculous multi stepped assignment..... took forever to get the sickle) so who knows maybe in time my opinion will change.

The Thompson accuracy is terrible so you get more mileage (range) out of faster spread reset and lowered first shot recoil than slightly better recoil for sustained fire. Quick bursts over staggered sustained fire in this case unlike the M1912 or something similar. But the Trench is still the best because the Thompson is best for spraying in trenches and possibly 2 hit killing players at best with its uniquely high damage that you only get in close range.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1345 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tunza42 wrote: »
    (Quote)

The Thompson accuracy is terrible so you get more mileage (range) out of faster spread reset and lowered first shot recoil than slightly better recoil for sustained fire. Quick bursts over staggered sustained fire in this case unlike the M1912 or something similar. But the Trench is still the best because the Thompson is best for spraying in trenches and possibly 2 hit killing players at best with its uniquely high damage that you only get in close range.

And people try telling me that BFV gunplay is more in depth. Rubbish. BF1 had a much more varied and intensive gunplay experience
  • CFPA_Football
    edited June 25
    I have heard that the special "BFV Preorder" FD LMG is comparable to the Fedorov Avtomat that comes with the Tsar DLC. But when I watch videos of the special FD LMG, it looks significantly easier to use, in that the bullets land straight at the crosshairs, which remain stable.

Video: BF1: New Weapons
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFo1VJM7DVM

The main problem that I have with the Fed. Avtomat is that it has a kick. So when I go to shoot in Automatic mode, holding down the trigger, the first bullet lands at the crosshair target, and then the kick moves the cross hair up. And so if the enemy is a good distance away, the first bullet will hit them, but the third and fourth will go over them. And from a distance there is a damage drop, so it takes a bunch of shots to kill them. So this means that I don't take them out. If the enemy is closer, then Automatic mode can work if I aim at their feet, rather than their upper body for it to be successful. 

In contrast, like I said earlier, the special FD LMG in the the videos shows it shooting at far away targets straight onward, with minimum recoil, successfully.

One of the videos said that the classic Avtomat has an advantage over the FD LMG in terms of hipfire or close quarters fighting, but I did not really understand why, and anyway in the video the FD LMG looked pretty good. But maybe the video was right and somehow the classic Fedorov Avtomat has advantages. What do you think?
  • MarxistDictator
    On paper the pre order Fed is a downgrade because it is actually a Storm pattern weapon in stats on a gun with low recoil. It is the screen shake (visual recoil) reduction that makes it so good but the trench is far from unusable, try turning on ADS FOV and increasing your FoV. Recoil becomes non issue in general.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got it, and did not pre-order.
  • iq8765
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 28
    You either forgot you pre-ordered, have access premier, or you're lying. Otherwise you need to explain how you obtained exclusive pre-order -only bonuses.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    iq8765 said:
    You either forgot you pre-ordered, have access premier, or you're lying. Otherwise you need to explain how you obtained exclusive pre-order -only bonuses.
    Read my post above. You can gain access to the pre-order weapons even today by purchasing an "enlister key" from certain websites (which I will not name for obvious reasons). This doesn't require you to pre-order BFV.
  • iq8765
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    iq8765 said:
    Read my post above. You can gain access to the pre-order weapons even today by purchasing an "enlister key" from certain websites (which I will not name for obvious reasons). This doesn't require you to pre-order BFV.
    I should have said he needs to clarify how he got it, especially if it's not one of the methods already mentioned.

It seems access premier is the only legitimate method for pc only. Consoles are SOL.
  • Bakahashi
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On console, it doesn't seem like you can get these preorder weapons anymore. On Xbox One at least, the store page for the enlister key is "unavailable". I never preordered BFV because I wasn't interested in playing a WW2 game right after a WW1 game. I don't think I'll ever be able to get these weapons on console. I also don't have access to the heroes bundle content either, even though it states it comes with the EA Access version of the game. I contacted EA support and they basically told me they are no longer supporting BF1 as a product and that I should contact Microsoft lmao.
  • ssjsnoop
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I made a topic decrying this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ pre-order garbage when it was first revealed and everyone jumped down my throat for not caring about BFV.

Oh how the turntables.
  • CFPA_Football
    On paper the pre order Fed is a downgrade because it is actually a Storm pattern weapon in stats on a gun with low recoil. It is the screen shake (visual recoil) reduction that makes it so good but the trench is far from unusable, try turning on ADS FOV and increasing your FoV. Recoil becomes non issue in general.
    Marxist,
    Can you please tell me a bit more about how turning on the Aim Down Sights and Field of View Settings make recoil a non-issue? It sounds like there is alot of opposing opinion on the value of turning on and off these settings.

By comparison, I found that turning off Aim Assist was crucial for me to achieve the SMLE Infantry Rifle 3 Headshots Assignment, because it snapped my crosshairs onto the enemies' chests when I needed to target their heads. Now that it's off, I find that it feels easier to play with the Aim Assist off, even though it's on by default. So I can understand that changing settings may help gameplay.

To give another example, I have played the Far Cry series alot and so it feels alot easier for me to set L1 as my Zoom button and R1 as my trigger button than to use the default controls buttons.
  • CFPA_Football
    iq8765 said:
    iq8765 said:
    I should have said he needs to clarify how he got it, especially if it's not one of the methods already mentioned.

It seems access premier is the only legitimate method for pc only. Consoles are SOL.
    Dear Tip,
    I only have BF1 for the PS4. I don't know what Access Premier is or what SOL is, but I did buy the "Premier" version of BF1 that unlocks all the DLCs but not the FD LMG. According to Titan, the enlister key that you used only works with the PC version of BF1.