BF 6 Expectations

Neon82UK
6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited May 4
Hi all, with BFV and Battlefront 2 now off the dev list, hopefully it's 'all hands on deck' for Battlefield 6! What are you really hoping will make it into the game? 

I really want a return to modern times or near future and really think that creating an alternate reality narrative with give them the creative freedom to do things without worrying about ideology imposition.

My personal idea is progression trees for each weapon. Attachments, camo and paint that unlock by a mix of usage and positive gameplay quests (no promotion of bad practices like BFV). There could be branches for different play styles that award a perk at the end. This is a progression system, you are not restricted to a single branch but it gives you a fast track to attachments based on your intended use of the weapon. Unlocking all all branches could award a special camo for the gun and cosmetics for the player account.

Examples:
  • Marksman branch has mid-range 3x & thermal scopes, recoil attachments, metallic paints, and a final perk for a fast ADS reload.
  • Pointman branch could have 1x & 2x optics, hip fire and fast ADS attachments, vibrant paint, and a final perk that lets you crouch walk at double speed for 5 seconds.
  • Overwatch branch has high powered and NVG optics, stability and suppression attachments, environmental camo, and a final perk that 3D tags someone you shoot but don't kill.
From other titles I would like:
  • Custom servers BF4
  • Team balancing BF4
  • Cleaner, better optimised graphics MW
  • Fortifications BFV
  • Bigger maps BF1 & 4
  • Behemoth mechanics BF1
  • Resupply points BFV
  • Helicopters BF4
  • Better visual customisation MW
  • Reticle choices MW
  • Properly prioritised directional audio NOT MW
  • Ping system APEX not MW
  • Battle pass APEX
  • Weekly missions BFV
  • Weapon mounting MW
  • Make the game for your fan base instead of pushing an agenda NOT BFV.

Edited for minor punctuation and layout.
Post edited by Neon82UK on

Comments

• Jabaariyn
    316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I will need a "try before i buy" scenario, otherwise i'll wait for a black Friday sale a year or so after release.

• KorpusDraige
    2382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just a short list for me:

* Modern setting
    * BF3/BF4 vehicle mechanics
    * Return of CQ Small for competitive purposes
    * Return of RSP with a ton of settings
    * No extreme weather
    * If no 3D spotting, add a squad-based ping system
    * No objective based vehicles
    * Don't go crazy with 5 jets and 8 tanks per side
    * Cross-Platform Play (This NEEDS to be in the next Battlefield, too many games do it now for it not to. It extends the lifespan of the game and gives more oppertunity for competition)
  • -Antares65z
    1784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dear EA,

Please deliver a working game not riddled with bugs and broken functionality. Also, an anti-cheat system that actually works is at the top of the Wish List. 
  • Neon82UK
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

* Cross-Platform Play (This NEEDS to be in the next Battlefield, too many games do it now for it not to. It extends the lifespan of the game and gives more oppertunity for competition)
    This needs to be an option though. I hate forced crossplay in MW.

I REALLY like extreme weather, but it would be better if it wasn't on a set timescale like BF4 as part of levolution. The storm on the Parcel Storm map was one of my favourites in BF4 and I really like the blizzards in BFV.
  • kreepypriest
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they don’t bring those cheesy elite kits and dreadnaughts those can stay in bf1..they really need to have a good look at their infantry vs vehicles game play..give every kit a means to destroy armour&repair tool..don’t bring back medic and ammo stations..the ability to lock your vehicle also remove third person view from vehicles..if they’re going to use bi pods for the love of cheese pizza make sure they work..bring back base r8pe&base stealing..introduce a mercy system if your team is getting stomped the tickets bleed 100x faster thus ending that match.
  • DingoKillr
    4299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Neon82UK said:
    Hi all, with BFV and Battlefront 2 now off the dev list, hopefully it's 'all hands on deck' for Battlefield 6! What are you really hoping will make it into the game? 

I really want a return to modern times or near future and really think that creating an alternate reality narrative with give them the creative freedom to do things without worrying about ideology imposition.

My personal idea is progression trees for each weapon. Attachments, camo and paint that unlock by a mix of usage and positive gameplay quests (no promotion of bad practices like BFV). There could be branches for different play styles that award a perk at the end. This is a progression system, you are not restricted to a single branch but it gives you a fast track to attachments based on your intended use of the weapon. Unlocking all all branches could award a special camo for the gun and cosmetics for the player account.

Examples:
    • Marksman branch has mid-range 3x & thermal scopes, recoil attachments, metallic paints, and a final perk for a fast ADS reload.
    • Pointman branch could have 1x & 2x optics, hip fire and fast ADS attachments, vibrant paint, and a final perk that lets you crouch walk at double speed for 5 seconds.
    • Overwatch branch has high powered and NVG optics, stability and suppression attachments, environmental camo, and a final perk that 3D tags someone you shoot but don't kill.
    From other titles I would like:
    • Custom servers BF4
    • Team balancing BF4
    • Cleaner, better optimised graphics MW
    • Fortifications BFV
    • Bigger maps BF1 & 4
    • Behemoth mechanics BF1
    • Resupply points BFV
    • Helicopters BF4
    • Better visual customisation MW
    • Reticle choices MW
    • Properly prioritised directional audio NOT MW
    • Ping system APEX not MW
    • Battle pass APEX
    • Weekly missions BFV
    • Weapon mounting MW
    • Make the game for your fan base instead of pushing an agenda NOT BFV.

Edited for minor punctuation and layout.
    You do know the agenda DICE was pushing was to make a competitive BF. That is why so much was forced squad teamwork and third party voice communication. If every BFV round had co-ordinate squads that stayed together so much would be different, but that ignores how the community plays. Unlike BF1 I think was designed with the community in mind.

What you seem to be suggesting is the same as BFV just a more structured and detailed. I was thinking about gun customization and live service, is something like that but different.

Take your 3 branch options (Roles) you play to unlock specialization for that weapon. So the Marksman role you unlock 3x & thermal scopes, recoil attachments, fast ADS reload or whatever else.

However you get a default 3x scope if you don't like it you could buy an alternative like for SVD default PSO mtx ACOG.  The same could be done for other attachments. 
    As for weapon skins they should be the whole weapon skin not part but either earnt thru game play or mtx. 

Assignment or weekly tasks could give skins, new weapons, gadgets or new vehicles but it needs to be from the start. There also needs to be a fair catch up method for late new players.
  • elderwarriors
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 11
    HAHAHAHA. Sorry, just let me gather my composure.

Let me recap.

A half dozen games that were full of bugs and problems, over run by cheats throughout there life span, unplayable by the "normal" gamer. None of it addressed  or fixed by developers when masses of people cried out for it in the forums over the entire range of the games that they provided. And now they are going to provide a new  version of the same nonsense ????

All I can say is that the new version is another version of the original rubbish that I will not be paying money for.

My hope is that they give it away for free, then I might try it.
    (empty space removed by moderator - please don't fill posts with empty lines @elderwarriors
    )
    Post edited by Carbonic on
  • RRedux
    743 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hope special class "pickups" and behemoths are a thing of the past.
  • clxzen
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RRedux said:
    I hope special class "pickups" and behemoths are a thing of the past.
    Yeah as well as "scorestreaks". If Dice are happy to push the competitive teamwork agenda then I wish for them to make squad game modes more of a thing, Squad Obliteration and Squad Rush were great. I dont mind the whole live service thing since with premium certain game modes were locked to certain DLC maps which wasnt quite right.

Wishlist:

- Make it modern
    - Go back to BF4 level customization with a better UI to explain each statistic better, more skins would be cool
    - Increase character customization
    - Add some kind of skill based ranks instead of just having rank levels (kinda like what Overwatch does with SR, top 500, GM etc)
    - Make whatever royale option that gets made (which it will) a separate entity from the main game aka COD Warzone
    - Make only meleeing from the back a one hit kill, bring back BF4 type revive
    - Have a squad based matchmaking system
    - In game clan system/leaderboard

Good thing is that theres always a BETA to judge from but yeah thats about it really.
  • ro7hbard
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They could do a 2025 or 2030. Then have the story based on current situation with virus outbreak as the back drop and world war 3 with Chi-na and Russia and India and Africa and of course UK and USA. It would fit in with their diversity stuff quite easily. 

I would like to see as well as points already mentioned. 

-I would like to see more unique buildings per map. Where in a city map for example all office buildings on every floor has detail and they all unique and accessible. This attention to detail would be taking BF to the next level. 
    -More linear infantry focused maps. 
    -More extremely large maps. 
    -More Anti-air options, especially if you bringing back those damn helicopters :)  
    -Decent audio would be fantastic. (even though it is expensive)
    -My personal opinion on progression is that it is an unnecessary hassle. Make all weapons and options available from the start. If you are not willing to do that, have all their unlock mechanisms for progression to be linked only to normal progression and not silly tasks like prone while using x gun for 300 deaths. Forcing people to prone when they might not want to in order to unlock a new scope or something. I am just completely over doing tasks for progression, I much prefer to level the playing field from the start and have skill as the deciding factor and not the fact that someone put in 5000 hours so has everything unlocked and noobs struggle. Especially ones coming in years later. 
    -I would realy like to see the attention to detail given to the weapons so that they all have their own types of unique accessories. So each gun gets a different types of scopes for example, different types of silencers and these are not just cosmetic, they actually change the way the gun fires and each gun has different combinations ranging from all the different accessories. This is more similar to BF4 but at times i think a lot of that was just cosmetic and in BF4 all assault weapons had exactly the same unlocks available. 
    -A form of intelligent auto team balance or shuffle would be very welcome. To prevent the situation where teams are unbalanced all day. 
    -Bring back team switch but only allow it when switching to the losing team. helps balance. 
    -Subtle weather changes and night maps are decent, just no fog or mist or sand storms please. 

• Yurisputnik
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Expectations? It’ll be bug-ridden ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ upon release, with some kind of micro-transaction / “surprise mechanics” embedded. This is EA. All they’re interested in is wringing as much cash out of gamers as possible, not providing an enjoyable or, indeed, finished product. 

No doubt lots of people will buy it, then come on here ( unless the forums are pared-down even more ) and complain about how bad it is. 
  • Stebbzoor
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like them to do a similar battlefield to Battlefield 2.
  • DingoKillr
    4299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stebbzoor wrote: »
    I'd like them to do a similar battlefield to Battlefield 2.

You mean like Night fight at the Airport.
  • Devildenfer
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All I ask is the return of officials hardcore servers. It was a feature implemented since the begging of this franchise and unfortunately absent from the last episode. 
    Please consider veteran Battlefield players. 
  • DingoKillr
    I have seen some comments on not liking character customization as the want which class they are shooting at.

I don't care about which class. I would rather keep full customization like BFV but I would add like BFV radio for squad leader
    - White arm band for Medic
    - Yellow arm band or Launcher tube on back for Assault
    - Blue arm band or bullet belt over o
    - shoulder for Support
    - Red arm band for Recon
  • Lotusninja_Akira
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wish for true co-operative experience like BF2 was. As a console player I haven't played such a title and V was weird mix of egoshooter and co-operation with very limited stratetigal/tactical elements. But as usual they will try to appeal both ends in one game and fail.
  • PackersDK
    883 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’ve been hoping for a 50’s setting for a while, more precisely some Korean War/Indochina War story. 

To be honest that would be about the only thing that would get me slightly excited about the next BF game. I really liked BF1, I was really looking forward to playing a WW2 shooter with BFV, so my disappointment was pretty big when that game (in my opinion) was such a fail in so many ways.

There are plenty of players who liked BFV. Unfortunately my dislike is of such a magnitude, I really can’t be bothered building castles in the sky already, about BF6.
  • Mikex2112
    1030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Since most of these comments are from people who have no idea what or how a good  battlefield title should be,let me help.
    EA/Dice wants to make a great BF title?
    Use the same formula that made 1942,Vietnam,BF2 and 2142 so successful.
    Cuz I guarantee its not found in BF1,BF3,BF4 or BFV...These games are dumbed down abominations of what was once a juggernaut of a franchise
  • PackersDK
    883 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mikex2112 said:
    Since most of these comments are from people who have no idea what or how a good  battlefield title should be,let me help.
    EA/Dice wants to make a great BF title?
    Use the same formula that made 1942,Vietnam,BF2 and 2142 so successful.
    Cuz I guarantee its not found in BF1,BF3,BF4 or BFV...These games are dumbed down abominations of what was once a juggernaut of a franchise

Are you saying BF1 was not a succes? 

This is just your opinion, no more right or wrong than other posts.  Only difference is, you had to add that others are clueless and you are not. How classy. 
  • Celsi_GER
    789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF2142 was successful? On which planet? One my planet it was one of the most despised BFs ever.

Anyway, BTT:
    I also would like a BF2 remake.
    - Maybe a few more weapons and ways to customize them, like in BF4
    - make commander mode just like in BF2, it was perfekt.
    - Add character customization if you must, but do not overdo it as in BFV: This is a shooter, not a dollhouse
    - Get rid of the unrealatistic nade warnings, scope glint, autoheal, self-repair, that's for possies
    - Add a hardcore mode
    - Bring back rental servers with full control
    - bring back Karkand :wink:
    - Use DLCs to make your money, let us pay for additional content to avoid same desaster as with BFV
    - Never again make the squad system so complicated and buggy as in BFV
    - bring back 5 slots per squad
    - Cancel the inflationary ranking system, 500 rank levels are crazy and unnecessary
    - Stop trying to enforce teamplay and PTFO while on the other side you entice people to do weird, useless things following stupid assignments. Complete cancel assignments - this is a shooter
    - Keep fortifications, it was one of the few good things in BFV
    - spawning at squadleader only - make the squadleader great again.
    - Make aircraft controllable with joys again - i refuse to fly with keyboard. In BF1 and BFV the planes were not really flyable with joystick, I had to give up being a pilot

And last but not least: LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY. BEFORE YOU MESS EVERYTHING UP LIKE YOU DID WITH BFV.
    Make public polls. Ask for our opinions and wishes, it's free-of-charge input.
    Don't make lonely decisions and then be surprised about the shitstorms and players running away.