BF 6 Expectations

Comments

• cupQf_joe
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Instead of battlefield 6 how about another bad company? Or maybe redo 2142...I kinda miss the titan game mode.

aside from that whatever it may be
    -put out a free playable demo[like the time around 2142 if anyone remembers]
         ~months before official release and is playable until the official release...
         ~multiplayer[maybe one or two of the maps from that will be in the game]
         ~IS FREE...not for just those who pre-ordered.*not preordering another BF title until things get back on track.
    ****LET PEOPLE TRY BEFORE THEY BUY THIS TIME****

-a COMPLETE game when released
         ~multiplayer focused....that single player/story filled stuff..Don't need that
         ~a balanced game...lost your touch here
         ~100+ player servers...one of the things bf is known for are is massive player filled servers how yall let COD top yall on that
         ~ way better support for your community

-the commander feature...maybe????

-up to 6 player squads
         ~stop forcing players into squads. if i want to join one while in game i will find one..let me lone wolf and not have to create a squad just to do that.

-whatever time period that is choosen for the next BF(except for future)...better be damn accurate...to think one can screw up WW2
         ~dont let a little girl make corporate decisions -- that went well

-complete desctuction of environment(like in bad company 2) paired with rebuilding like that in BFV

Am i suggesting too much lol

• BaronVonGoon
    7052 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    Modern. In the vain of BF3. Smaller maps. More infantry focus. A whole lot more buildings and less open spaces. Bring back buildings we're tired of 2 floor houses. More indoor maps. BF3/4 ttk. Vastly improved visibility and full rework of how enemies look so no one can hide in plain sight. No gimmicks. No animations. Maps that look different, different colours, regions, topography, etc... 1000% more cover everywhere. Remaster 5 of the highest rated BF3/4 maps or recreate them. Ban anyone who disagrees with anything above and anyone who says they want animations or hiding is legit strategy or huge maps.
  • KorpusDraige
    2382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cupQf_joe said:

~100+ player servers...one of the things bf is known for are is massive player filled servers how yall let COD top yall on that

Well... Call of Duty didn't really "top" Battlefield with that. They only have 150 player servers for Warzone, not their actual multiplayer. Their actual multiplayer is 64 players and both Warzone and regular multiplayer runs at a lower tick rate.

I'm not sure how I feel about 100+ player CQ servers to be honest. The more players you add, the more random your deaths become. It'll feel hectic and chaotic, yes... But I think it'll just feel too casually random at that point lol. It's why most competitive games play at a much lower player count.
  • bigiain
    375 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm expecting modern, but beyond that I'm not sure. BF4 should probably be what they're looking to emulate, with a load of cosmetics thrown in to pay for new maps. I'm not that confident that even going back to that formula would work with the current players though.
  • Lotusninja_Akira
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Casual but co-operative combat role diversity and special charasteristics promoting game would be a awesome game. Supporting proper non-voice comms and quick strategy tools for those limited in a voicechat for better communication in squads and team. Being silent person shouldn't mean you have to play asocially as a lonewolf out of touch what's happening around you. Shouldn't Battlefield be for everyone anyway? :wink:
  • TeamHOFF86
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    The other issue with BF1 and BFV is they allowed people to pick the same class type as someone else, so you could have 3 fighters, 3 bombers or 3 attacks (sometimes up to 5 in certain maps). They needed to leave it to be 1 fighter, 1 bomber and 1 attack or trade some out and had 1 bomber, 1 fighter on some maps and like 1 fighter, 1 attack on other maps.

3 & 4 solved this by having set vehicle spawning: attack heli; transport heli; scout heli; attack fighters, etc.. I'd welcome a reversion to this system, but incorporating the ability to spawn into the vehicle from the spawn menu.
  • Intaterium
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited June 6
    Here s my list:
    • moder warfare (most important!)
    • changing weather and time of day (day-night / snow-rain-fog-sunny)    (improved version of BF4)
    • improved levolution and destructibility   (houses, roads, bridges, tunnels, forests - all destructible)
    • large maps with vast range of vehicles/ jets/ boats/ helis   (like BF4/ BF3/ BF2/ BFBC2)
    • BF4/BF3/ BFBC2 vechiles mechanics   (add some weight to this flying tanks! more like BFBC2 and BFV)
    • improved BF4 vehicle customization
    • posibility to fix the vehicle from inside and outside  (under different conditions)   (jets can be an exception)
    • vehicles would restore their armor after a while to some limit  (something like BF4)
    • BF3/BF4 squad system ( it can be 6 members in squad even)
    • revive system like BF3 and BF4
    • some melee animations are ridiculous (BF1, BFV), make it simple and faster, and please no throwing knives.
    • better sound  (personally I prefer sounds from BFBC2, deeper sounds)
    • voice acting like BF5, BF1, BFBC2     (BF3, BF4 are full of wierd phrases and accents)
    • small details are always welcome, like smoke from the vehicles, breaking parts, snow on vehicles, tank tracks so on (good work on details in BFV)

At the moment that comes to my mind...
    I would say the easiest recipe for a next good BF game is to take BF3 + BF4 + BFBC2 + a bit of BF2 mix it good, add some improvements and  et voilà!

• rorypreston
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just want DICE to learn how to balance. If something is OP you don't need to nerf it into the ground. If something is underpowered you don't have to turn it into Thor's hammer 
  • Charredtoast67
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If the environments were completely destructable like Bad Company 2 the air vehicles would have field day. I’d like to see more destruction but some things need to be solid objects for balancing reasons.

Another thing I’d like is a vehicle decal system. BF4’s weapon and vehicle skins are underwhelming to me. I’d want to be able to put a set of jaws on the nose of my jet or
    tally marks. You’d unlock decals for crossing a point threshold with that vehicle and you can put it anywhere you like, change the color and resize it.

Bonus points for 2 seater jets returning too. One person would pilot and the other would be in charge of dropping bombs. It would make an interesting dynamic coordinating with your co-pilot to line up strafes.

• Charredtoast67
    Fire extinguisher would have to be non-equippable on jets if 2 seats come back. If it’s disabled the pilot could bail and pull his parachute, co-pilot jumps in the pilot seat and puts the fire out.

Then he circles back and scoops his pilot up midair and they fly off, land, and switch seats. It would be like chopper seat switching on steroids.

Actually I don’t know why fire extinguisher is even a choice on jets to begin with. Almost as useless as jet TV missiles
  • KorpusDraige
    2382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Another thing I’d like is a vehicle decal system. BF4’s weapon and vehicle skins are underwhelming to me. I’d want to be able to put a set of jaws on the nose of my jet or
    tally marks. You’d unlock decals for crossing a point threshold with that vehicle and you can put it anywhere you like, change the color and resize it.

You mean sort of like the Need For Speed games? It'd be cool if it were like that. You get shapes and you can resize the shapes and mix and match them to create patterns/art.

Actually I don’t know why fire extinguisher is even a choice on jets to begin with. Almost as useless as jet TV missiles
    The Attack Jet's TV missiles were put in there for instant dillons. :D
  • Intaterium
    Charredtoast67 said:
    If the environments were completely destructable like Bad Company 2 the air vehicles would have field day. I’d like to see more destruction but some things need to be solid objects for balancing reasons.
    I would say this is not necessarily, if there is a powerful AA on map then it s a problem for aviation and not for infantry/ground vehicles.  (Good example of that is overpowered AA in BF4, were jets need hide behind mountains/ hills or go up to high altitude out of AA range).

A compromise could be - structures/ buildings which would collapse from different amount of damage (some buildings would be more durable... or some specific way of  getting destroyed).
  • KorpusDraige
    Charredtoast67 said:
    I would say this is not necessarily, if there is a powerful AA on map then it s a problem for aviation and not for infantry/ground vehicles.  (Good example of that is overpowered AA in BF4, were jets need hide behind mountains/ hills or go up to high altitude out of AA range).

A compromise could be - structures/ buildings which would collapse from different amount of damage (some buildings would be more durable... or some specific way of  getting destroyed).
    A good jet pilot or pair of jet pilots make the MAA hide and not the other way around :p
  • Intaterium
    A good jet pilot or pair of jet pilots make the MAA hide and not the other way around :p
    Maybe so, but not in BF4.  The only chance is, as you said, 2 jets working together, which is not that often and what happens more frequently is AA with more than 100 kills and 2-3 deaths. 

(And imagine 2 AAs on one side (even more rarely example of  stealing enemy AA, but it happens). Now imagine in a new game 2 AAs on each side or stationary IGLA installations besides main AA (how it was in BF2)...)

I agree that this is a matter of balance (this triangle:  AA-jets-cover structures/terrain), which needs to be solved very wisely and balanced.
  • Charredtoast67
    Another thing I’d like to see on the infantry side is customizable soldiers. Nothing out of period *cough* BFV but something plausible and realistic.

In BF4 I don’t like how nearly all the characters have their faces covered and prefer the BF3 medic model more. It would be cool if each class had alternative choices for how they looked, magazine affixed to side of helmet, goggles that you can take on and off, and change the color of, glove selections, that type of thing.

Knifing should be more tactical as well instead of just a trolling tool. I only use my knife when I’m behind enemy lines and none of my guns are suppressed. I’d like to see two different categories of knife kills, the “traditional” if you will and stealth knife kills. Stealth gets a faster animation but rewards slightly less XP.

Cover their mouth, quick slice across the neck, done. The other method has a longer, flashier animation and gives you more XP as it’s riskier to pull off
  • Charredtoast67
    Few more suggestions is that you should be able to climb on an enemy tank, pry the hatch open and lob a grenade inside if they’re not mindful of their surroundings.

The tank driver would hear the hatch creak open so they would get a split second to react.

There would be an actual 3D environment inside of a tank hull that the player can look around in similar to heli/jets. You press up on the D-pad and hover your camera over the hatch until you see the prompt to close it. The tank gunner would also get an option to open the hatch and shoot any infantry in his cannons blind spot.

There should also be something special for players that get a specific weapon to 100 stars. A unique skin variation called well-worn. The gun would be covered in scrapes and scratches, dirt, taped up grips etc.

As well as a rare animated skin that you can pick from a list upon completion of star 100. Gold, animated flames, hearts bubbling across your gun, something that lets people know you’ve spent time with that weapon. Every 100 star milestone you can pick a new skin as it would be irreversible once you have chosen. You’d be able to preview skins before selecting.

So technically 2 skins. You get the well-worn skin and then a selection of 1 rare skin. In the kill cam enemy players should be able to see what skin you have on your weapon/vehicle

There’s so much they could do, especially with the tech leap of next-gen. Hopefully they don’t mess this one up

• KorpusDraige
    Maybe so, but not in BF4.  The only chance is, as you said, 2 jets working together, which is not that often and what happens more frequently is AA with more than 100 kills and 2-3 deaths. 

(And imagine 2 AAs on one side (even more rarely example of  stealing enemy AA, but it happens). Now imagine in a new game 2 AAs on each side or stationary IGLA installations besides main AA (how it was in BF2)...)

I agree that this is a matter of balance (this triangle:  AA-jets-cover structures/terrain), which needs to be solved very wisely and balanced.
    2 jets in BF4 is NOT the only chance you have against an MAA though- talking from experience. There is a rock/paper/scissor to the game where there is always a counter to something, MAA is a counter to air, yes... But it doesn't mean a single jet stands no chance lol.
  • h1nduku5h_x
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    battleroyalfield 6
  • Krazy8s
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Take BF2 maps + BF3 gunplay/tanks and some BF4  updates and then sprinkle some 2142 on-top.

Also allow custom servers again.

• Charredtoast67
    Krazy8s wrote: »
    Take BF2 maps + BF3 gunplay/tanks and some BF4  updates and then sprinkle some 2142 on-top.
    Also allow custom servers again.

+ A Halo 3 style theatre mode