BF 6 Expectations

1235»

Comments

• FTF-Jimbo
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Dear EA,

Please deliver a working game not riddled with bugs and broken functionality.

This should be at the top of EA's list for any future battlefield VI.

I like the Idea of a Medievel Battlefield for the next one. Or even an Ancient Greek Battlefield. Big battles with longbow's, shortbows, crossbows, slings, longswords, broadswords, Catana's, knives, spears, trebuchet's, siege towers, etc, slashing & slicing & stabbing. You've still got jobs like Foot Soldier, Archer, Cavalry and Medic. There are no end of Ancient Greek and Medievel battles and wars, and you can still keep all the normal different Battlefield game modes.

• Wessmyre
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 14
    A new in-house working Anti-Cheat.  100% live detection on all things cheat.  (gun range .001 to .009 detected .010, banned) No cheat no BF series. It's a sinking ship. Still on 4 waiting for better.
    Post edited by Wessmyre on
  • Spartan8801
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To try to make a long lasting battlefield game, not something you want to change after an year or two - look at cs
  • GGjoel
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully we will have a alpha soon so that bugs can be fixed before release. Looking forward for the modern setting! 
  • PSJackman4
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wessmyre said:
    An new in-house working Anti-Cheat.  100% live detection on all things cheat.  (gun range .001 to .009 detected .010, banned) No cheat no BF series. It's a sinking ship. Still on 4 waiting for better.
    Please don't turn this into an anti cheat thread, because it will immediately get shut down. 
  • RRedux
    744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wessmyre said:
    An new in-house working Anti-Cheat.  100% live detection on all things cheat.  (gun range .001 to .009 detected .010, banned) No cheat no BF series. It's a sinking ship. Still on 4 waiting for better.
    Please don't turn this into an anti cheat thread, because it will immediately get shut down. 
    Maybe, but that won't change the fact that an actual, working Anti-Cheat is one of the most important things to have in place for the next battlefield.
  • just4FunTA
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • Wessmyre
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wessmyre said:

If they are not talking Anti-Cheat this thread won't be the only thing "Battlefield" without players. Literally, single handily killed Battlefield series.

Anyone look at the Steam forum reviews under any Battlefield they are trying to milk for five bucks? LOL, that's what a Battlefield forum looks like without all the
    free speech suppression, and honestly the reality of what Battlefield has become.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That 128 Player Thing will fail so hard. The Problem is the netcode. Even with 64 Players its terrible, i don't see that Work.
  • c0ldsun
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Actually i don't want to play with so many ppl, because of mentioned netcode issues, but in general designing bigger maps is always a good diretion for BF. 

• Rroff24
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited 2:55AM
    Gonna be quite frank an it is intended as constructive but blunt - Dice should give up - or stick to mobile games. With BF4 era frostbite titles I have some unexplainable approx. 0.5 second disadvantage in roll back* almost all the time except for some random 5-10 minutes here and there when it works as expected which is frustrating as **** to play with hence I've never bought any games since. Not to mention the numerous bugs which even when they get finally squashed in one title rear up again in the very next title.

It isn't like they are under pressure from the publisher as they manage top notch visuals, award winning sound, etc. implementation even the graphics programming is mostly good but then the coding of things like gameplay mechanics, "netcode", much of the utility code, etc. is half-¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 80% working and never finished trash. As someone with extensive gameplay programming experience I'd be ashamed as **** if this was my efforts (If anyone wants proof as inevitably claims like this get some derision for instance look for the Moros mod for Quake 2 RTX).

* No this is NOT my PC, internet connection or other settings - I can't emphasis enough how much it is NOT those things - while I appreciate the efforts some have gone to try and help me NO CHANGING THINGS LIKE RENDERAHEAD LIMITS DOES NOT HELP WITH THIS.