If Dice wants their next game to be successful they must listen to hardcore players

1234568»

Comments

• filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    What was HC like in say BF4. Was it just double or triple damage and no spotting? Was friendly fire on?  Mechanically though wasn't it the same game? I can't remember cos I hardly played it. 

Max player health reduced, starting you at 60 health instead of 100

No auto repair vehicles

No markers for enemies, just friendlies.

Friendly fire. 5 teamkills= autokick

Squad spawn on squad leader only

No kill cam

No 3rd person vehicle cam

No health regeneration

No 3D spotting

No hit indicators

Show mini map spotting, but no mini map. This sounds odd, but it shows spotted enemies on the spawn overview screen, which is just enough info.

A lot more fun!

They only thing that would have made it better is a left hand wrist compass, because the game made a lot of callouts like "Enemy sniper spotted south of your position"
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What was HC like in say BF4. Was it just double or triple damage and no spotting? Was friendly fire on?  Mechanically though wasn't it the same game? I can't remember cos I hardly played it. 

No auto repair vehicles

No kill cam

No health regeneration

No 3D spotting

No hit indicators

Show mini map spotting, but no mini map. This sounds odd, but it shows spotted enemies on the spawn overview screen, which is just enough info.

A lot more fun!

They only thing that would have made it better is a left hand wrist compass, because the game made a lot of callouts like "Enemy sniper spotted south of your position"
    See none of thAt is what I'd particularly call Hardcore, and sounds not far off from standard BF Vietnam or BF2. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All they need to do is copy and paste BF4's Hardcore settings, from BF:BC2 to BF1, BF4 easily had the best Hardcore settings, with BF1 being the worst.

And DICE, for Christ's sake, keep the parkour elements like sliding out, and remove Gears of War's roadie run.

I'd ask for the next title to be the long awaited return of Bad Company but I have no faith you guys won't f**k that up too.
    Speaking of sliding, check out the sliding in the few seconds intro this guy has on this video!
    (x_x)
    It might be a mix of sliding and crouch bug but it still looks gross

• PSJackman4
    325 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA and DICE missed their chance to have an absolutely awesome game of epic proportions.
    Why they decided to make a sanitised version of  WW2, I fail to understand.
    There were so many battles that could have been added instead of the made up ones, I really think they have lost the plot.
    And the most insulting thing of all, after announcing the end of bf5 on the day of VE day, they release an elite pay for unlock.

What do you mean? What battles were "made up"?

Yeah, Im pretty sure that most of the battles in BFV were based on true events. But the only one that i can think of that was changed was the Wake Island map where The Americans invade the island, but in reality, the Japanese invaded in the actual battle.
  • 287martin
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you want hard-core shooters there are other games that do hard-core much better than battlefield, pc only though as hard-core suggests no aim assist etc and a huge amount of controls to master, that just can't be done on a console controller
  • filthmcnasty
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

Speaking of sliding, check out the sliding in the few seconds intro this guy has on this video!(x_x)It might be a mix of sliding and crouch bug but it still looks gross

It's about that comical in game too lol
  • filthmcnasty
    287martin wrote: »
    If you want hard-core shooters there are other games that do hard-core much better than battlefield, pc only though as hard-core suggests no aim assist etc and a huge amount of controls to master, that just can't be done on a console controller

I did hardcore just fine on my gamepad, and so did the players of the full servers I played on. 360, PS3, PS4, all hardcore, no problems. No idea what you are talking about.
  • 287martin
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What I'm talking about is you can't expect battlefield to fully satisfy the hard-core itch it's cross platform arcade shooter like cod. All the good hardcore shooters are on pc only, designed from day 1 to be hardcore and have small but active player base with mainly clan funded servers. Hard-core mode in previous battlefield games is not real hard-core
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    Hardcore is a trash mode, but I support its inclusion so that those players that enjoy garbage unbalanced gameplay can stay in their own playlist and quit trying to rebalance the whole game to their liking.

Twitch shooting, camping, broken weapon balance, broken class balance, and a sense of superiority. The hallmarks of Hardcore.

A lot of hostility here. All I want in no Aim Assist with lower health and a few other tweaks. But apparently I'm trash for wanting a bit more realism and competition

When Insurgency Sandstorm comes I'll most likely move on and you can keep your Call of Du, I mean Battlefield gameplay
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No hardcore mode needed.  Just server tools to allow admins to run mods as they like.  We don't need DICE figuring out how to balance weapons for 2 game modes.
  • filthmcnasty
    What I'm talking about is you can't expect battlefield to fully satisfy the hard-core itch it's cross platform arcade shooter like cod. All the good hardcore shooters are on pc only, designed from day 1 to be hardcore and have small but active player base with mainly clan funded servers. Hard-core mode in previous battlefield games is not real hard-core

You have the wrong idea. No one asking for a Hardcore mode in BF wants ARMA. They want the Hardcore settings from previous games, in a separate mode from softcore, like they have been doing for about 10 years.
  • filthmcnasty
    No hardcore mode needed.  Just server tools to allow admins to run mods as they like.  We don't need DICE figuring out how to balance weapons for 2 game modes.

They don't balance for 2 game modes. Any changes to Softcore get applied to hardcore as well. They aren't balanced separately. Server mods are great but a standard hardcore mode on official servers is better. It's well known how certain servers are worse/better than others, that's why it's nice to have official servers where there is no variance and ridiculous banning and kicking.
  • dberk
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No auto repair vehicles

No kill cam

No health regeneration

No 3D spotting

No hit indicators

A lot more fun!

and we can also add "Sniper limit to 3 each side" and  "no crosshair".
  • GenCuster
    211 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You have the wrong idea. No one asking for a Hardcore mode in BF wants ARMA. They want the Hardcore settings from previous games, in a separate mode from softcore, like they have been doing for about 10 years.

Exactly...
    what we had before.
    no one wants a copy of ARMA.
    Just what we had before.
    Even before Bf1, where they messed everything up with a myriad of useless options,
    that make it impossible to find a hardcore server.
    Programming time and development down the drain.
    Or what forces us to have now...something that "is not meat.... or fish"
    Everyone’s unhappy with what I read.

• 287martin
    Yeah the older battlefield games are still better to play than the more recent ones
  • filthmcnasty
    dberk wrote: »
    (Quote)

I forgot no crosshair, that's in the settings. A sniper cap is something I've been asking for 10 years now.
  • dberk
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dberk wrote: »
    (Quote)

I forgot no crosshair, that's in the settings. A sniper cap is something I've been asking for 10 years now.
    I'am 13 years a loyal Battlefield player. And dice just lost me. Now they can hope for this new generation players like their new games.