BF4 vs BF1

Comments

• PSJackman4
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 1
    DC_E63 said:
    Can't forget about how the loading times are much longer in BF1.
    Bf4 ran on a different engine than BF1, so load times would be different. Correct me if Im wrong
    Post edited by PSJackman4 on
  • Titan_Awaken
    1193 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DC_E63 wrote: »

That’s a hardware issue not really a game issue. I have BF1 installed on an SSD I had no problems with loading times.

Hell even when I had it installed on one of my WD Blue HDDs I had no issues with loading times.
  • disposalist
    8926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's also to do with the change in the lobby system, which was much better in BF4, to be honest.

BF1 has you hanging about for people to join and *still* messes up the team balance...

I love BF1, but it isn't better in *all* regards. The lobby and server system in BF4 was much better.
  • DC_E63
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

That’s a hardware issue not really a game issue. I have BF1 installed on an SSD I had no problems with loading times.

Hell even when I had it installed on one of my WD Blue HDDs I had no issues with loading times.
    I play it on PS4 with the HDD.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1193 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DC_E63 said:

Well there you go.

If Sony and Microsoft are to be trusted, next-gen consoles should see a drastic reduction in loading times.
  • Forkbeard84
    1838 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2
    DC_E63 said:

Whats part of the game loads slow for you and how much time exactly is considered slow?  BF1 loads pretty quick on my stock PS4 pro.  
  • PackersDK
    877 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I load games pretty quickly, but on some maps (Fao Fortress being the worst by far, for some reason) it takes like 30 sec before my loadout appears. I don’t have any weapons or gadgets. Thirty seconds is a long time if you spawn in on the front flag as defense. 

After any Ops game I might as well not press quit. It has never succeded anyway. Quitting servers requires my PS4 to load for so long the next Ops map starts. If I don’t want to play the next map, I might as well go make coffee and wait it out. 
  • Forkbeard84
    PackersDK said:
    I load games pretty quickly, but on some maps (Fao Fortress being the worst by far, for some reason) it takes like 30 sec before my loadout appears. I don’t have any weapons or gadgets. Thirty seconds is a long time if you spawn in on the front flag as defense. 

After any Ops game I might as well not press quit. It has never succeded anyway. Quitting servers requires my PS4 to load for so long the next Ops map starts. If I don’t want to play the next map, I might as well go make coffee and wait it out. 
    Hmm, yeah I don't know about the FAO thing.  For some reason, if I join before a game starts, I'll always be there at the start of the game for the countdown and can spawn in new vehicles etc,  Maybe some difference in our hardware or internet? Weird.

On the OPS quitting problem, yeah its the same for me and I thought the same for everyone.  You basically can't quit ops in between games so its faster to just close out the BF app and reload in order to quit at the end of an Operation.  I thought  PC had the same problem quitting ops too. 

• DC_E63
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DC_E63 said:

Whats part of the game loads slow for you and how much time exactly is considered slow?  BF1 loads pretty quick on my stock PS4 pro.  
    I have a regular PS4 with the 1 TB HDD.  It's pretty much for multiplayer.  Sometimes I literally wait exactly 1-2 minutes to join a match.  I don't know if it's because of my internet speeds.  I only have 75 Mbps.  I use a wired connection to the router.  I will be upgrading my internet speeds to the standard package of 200 Mbps Verizon is currently offering, but I can't get an appointment until December because of Covid-19.
  • TheGM86
    875 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The fact there are people here pretending Battlefield 4 wasn't a burning trash fire of a game is testament about how many possiblly have suffered some type of head injury in years past to have them remember it being anything else. The game was a broken mess for most of it's life and had crap maps. them changing the damage model on top of taking all my revolver ammo didn't help.
  • Forkbeard84
    DC_E63 said:
    DC_E63 said:

I have a regular PS4 with the 1 TB HDD.  It's pretty much for multiplayer.  Sometimes I literally wait exactly 1-2 minutes to join a match.  I don't know if it's because of my internet speeds.  I only have 75 Mbps.  I use a wired connection to the router.  I will be upgrading my internet speeds to the standard package of 200 Mbps Verizon is currently offering, but I can't get an appointment until December because of Covid-19.
    It does take a minute or two to join a multiplayer match for me too.    I thought all platforms waited like this for matches to start.  It would be nice if they changed the program to make the multiplayer game load times faster. 
  • Ronin9572
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    The fact there are people here pretending Battlefield 4 wasn't a burning trash fire of a game is testament about how many possiblly have suffered some type of head injury in years past to have them remember it being anything else. The game was a broken mess for most of it's life and had crap maps. them changing the damage model on top of taking all my revolver ammo didn't help.

While it ended up a good game, launch and almost for the 1st year was a absolute mess. I just never got over it and just couldn't go back. While I understand ppl are nostalgic about it, I don't think they were there for launch or most of the 1st year.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is way better than BF4 in a million miles.
  • CSO7777
    1772 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not really...

BF4 is lots of fun much of the time. BF1 has too many balance-issues and is not fun most of the time. Also the gun-play in BF4 is overall better than in BF1.

And things like elites/behemoths/sweetspot in BF1 are awful additions to the game (and was removed again in BFV - one of the good things about BFV).
  • MarxistDictator
    5177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yea the game with assault rifles that dominate everything is better balanced. If you couldn’t use assault rifles with all classes in BF4 there would literally be no balance to speak of, and 3-4 gun CATEGORIES being completely unviable is a lot worse than 3-4 guns being bad. They took the aim assist off LMGs just to appease Metro heroes when the LMGs were always 100% inferior to ARs anyway. The shotguns available to all completely destroy the SMGs at their niche (the few SMGs not completely outgunned by ARs in close range that is). Snipers are a complete joke, only designed to fight other snipers effectively. Take off the rose tint glasses.

Also elites and behemoths are around such a limited amount of time it’s like who cares. Meanwhile in BF4 there’s an automated AI AA gun sitting next to the MAA that can hit targets over 1000m away with ease on every vehicle map and every infantry map is throwing grenades down a hallway. If you prefer your quarantine of a game go on go back.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    Not really...

BF4 is lots of fun much of the time. BF1 has too many balance-issues and is not fun most of the time. Also the gun-play in BF4 is overall better than in BF1.

And things like elites/behemoths/sweetspot in BF1 are awful additions to the game (and was removed again in BFV - one of the good things about BFV).
    i mean if you are a rage quitter, then it is really your problem not the game...
  • ashar_saleem121
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yea the game with assault rifles that dominate everything is better balanced. If you couldn’t use assault rifles with all classes in BF4 there would literally be no balance to speak of, and 3-4 gun CATEGORIES being completely unviable is a lot worse than 3-4 guns being bad. They took the aim assist off LMGs just to appease Metro heroes when the LMGs were always 100% inferior to ARs anyway. The shotguns available to all completely destroy the SMGs at their niche (the few SMGs not completely outgunned by ARs in close range that is). Snipers are a complete joke, only designed to fight other snipers effectively. Take off the rose tint glasses.

Also elites and behemoths are around such a limited amount of time it’s like who cares. Meanwhile in BF4 there’s an automated AI AA gun sitting next to the MAA that can hit targets over 1000m away with ease on every vehicle map and every infantry map is throwing grenades down a hallway. If you prefer your quarantine of a game go on go back.

Dont forget Audio Spotting. That awesome game mechanic
  • disposalist
    8926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    CSO7777 said:
    Not really...

Utterly subjective. You sound like a 'competitive' (with a small C) player, so, yeah, *you* want the gunplay to be like BF4 and don't like elites and behemoths and anything you can't 1v1.
    CedarOfLebanon (and millions of others) clearly do not.

I loved BF4 *but* I love BF1 much more *because* the gunplay became less tap-tap-twitch and *because* of the fun things like elites and behemoths.  I am not the least but interested in 'competitive' play and in BF1, even though skill and tactics help you win, noobs are still a danger and can have fun.
  • disposalist

Dont forget Audio Spotting. That awesome game mechanic
    I loved audio spotting. Was a great analogy for the situational awareness a soldier *would* have had. It's nonsense that a sniper can be 5 meters from you firing a gun that sounds (and feels) like a cannon and you have no idea where he is if the surround sound isn't being accurate (which, let's face it, it often isn't).

In BF4 you had to be careful where and when you fired your weapon because you would often give away your position, which made total sense.

I mean, BF1 is much better, overall, but BF4 had some stuff absolutely right.
  • MarxistDictator
    5177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not a huge fan of audio spotting or any other mechanic that makes people watch the minimap instead of the screen. I like how relevant flanking is in this game, at least when the flares aren’t blanketing the play area. Though I also think motion sensors and the like were dumb gadgets that had no place in the game and still don’t since they are completely passive and totally superior to any of the other recon gadgets (even the other surveillance equipment).