Is Battlefield 1 worth buying/playing in 2020?

2»

Comments

• disposalist
    8924 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    PackersDK said:
    just just reinstalled battlefield 1, played a few matches, the last two were ruined by two hackers killing everyone and using aimbots, so I just uninstalled it again, shame really was looking forward to playing it again but not worth it if the matches are like that.
    Get an Xbox or PS4 if you want to play any BF game :-) 
    Hehe, I'd rather endure some cheats than use a controller for FPS ;^)
  • Ronin9572
    1229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)
    Hehe, I'd rather endure some cheats than use a controller for FPS ;^)

Lol, it was opposite for me. I know M&K is better, but going from a controller to M&K was difficult for me.
  • Forkbeard84
    1837 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I' used M&K and  sometimes joystick to play games back in the day.   PC fine control with the mouse on the pc is definitely much better than the console controller.  The PC folks have got some awesomely fast and accurate machines.   I bought the XIM for PS4 to see what it was about.  I tried it for awhile but could not abide by its slightly laggy mouse input.  There is some lag because the XIM is running a routine to trick the console into thinking it's a controller.   So input lag on the XIM, yes. 

I thought screw lag and went back to the controller.  Vehicles run great with controllers.  And with infantry play, you do develop a method of "shaking" yourself around when moving and aiming.    It can be developed for good play but it's still not as accurate and quick as M&K.    On the good side, you are mostly up against other controllers with the occasional laggy mouse on console guy.  So a kind of level playing field but there are other custom controllers like Scuff and such....

Ok going back to my hole now.  :-)

• Titan_Awaken
    1192 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:
    just just reinstalled battlefield 1, played a few matches, the last two were ruined by two hackers killing everyone and using aimbots, so I just uninstalled it again, shame really was looking forward to playing it again but not worth it if the matches are like that.

Yeah... not really. The only platform which officially supports ALL Battlefield games is PC. Doubt you could play 1942 on a PS4 or XBox. 

If you're talking about the cheating situation: Yeah it is a legitimate issue but you can easily avoid cheaters by playing on a community server with active admins. From 2017 till now, the number of blatant cheaters I have encountered can be counted on one hand. 
  • PackersDK
    875 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PackersDK said:

Yeah... not really. The only platform which officially supports ALL Battlefield games is PC. Doubt you could play 1942 on a PS4 or XBox. 

If you're talking about the cheating situation: Yeah it is a legitimate issue but you can easily avoid cheaters by playing on a community server with active admins. From 2017 till now, the number of blatant cheaters I have encountered can be counted on one hand. 

It was in regards to the cheating situation, and sort of a tongue in cheek reply, I hope that was obvious. I am aware of how old games are. 

As a PS4 player looking on the forums and reading the many, many posts from PC players, I’m surprised  hackers can be “easily avoided”. It’s not the impression I get, but good to hear.

• CedarOfLebanon
    637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV was never worth buying. BF1 was always worth buying and will always be worth buying. Make sure to check out the LEB 200% Damage once you buy BF1.
  • CSO7777
    1771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV was never worth buying. BF1 was always worth buying and will always be worth buying. Make sure to check out the LEB 200% Damage once you buy BF1.
    I have been playing some BF1 lately, and unfortunately the team-balance is a total joke, even compared to BFV. BF1 has a lot of good things compared to BFV (more content, in general better maps, "immersion" etc), but somehow the bad balancing in BF1 often results in spawntraps and total annihilation of one of the teams, its way worse than other BF-titles. In BF1, people tend to just give up and start sniping from spawn (which makes things even worse).
  • disposalist
    8924 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    CSO7777 said:
    I have been playing some BF1 lately, and unfortunately the team-balance is a total joke, even compared to BFV. BF1 has a lot of good things compared to BFV (more content, in general better maps, "immersion" etc), but somehow the bad balancing in BF1 often results in spawntraps and total annihilation of one of the teams, its way worse than other BF-titles. In BF1, people tend to just give up and start sniping from spawn (which makes things even worse).
    "people tend to just give up and start sniping from spawn (which makes things even worse)"

Yup. In my experience, this is the most common problem with 'balance' in BF1 and it's been worse in the last year or so. The game balancing has always been unreliable, but just like every BF (DICE are constantly criticised over it. It must be just too tough to code... Mmm Hmm...) but the players lately have gotten worse.

A new phenomenon I'm noticing is teams that start really well, appear to be on for a win, but then assume they've 'won', stop trying and end up losing! More exciting, I guess, but much more frustrating also. Poor kids can't concentrate for a whole 15 minutes, I guess.

So... Not so much BF1 balance being worse, but BF1 players being weird lately.
  • superdedupe
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 5

BF1 spawncamping is surely annoying, but you can always get around it if you pick a less Obvious route and capture a point. Then players will gratefully spawn there and you broke the siege.

BF1 is a great game and has a great setting. Bf3 will always be my favorite, because I was a kid when I played it and got really good at it, but bf1 is a close second and that's remarkable since I'm older and more cynical now.

I don't really care whether I play with mouse + keyboard or controller, as long as the playingfield is equal I'm fine. Must remark that on console the soldiers and tanks move more realistically, where on pc sometimes a tankbarrel turns in increments instead of in a smooth motion and soldiers sometimes turn around unaturally fast due to high mouse speeds.

for 8 pounds it's a steal.

Post edited by superdedupe on
  • BigWoofWoof
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is an amazing game, played Galicia tonight, Conquest, had a blast, running as Assault with the Ribby.
  • Zbiku90
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It's not worth it, cheaters in almost every game are killing all the fun now. Beside this it was really great game some time ago.
  • PSJackman4
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zbiku90 said:
    It's not worth it, cheaters in almost every game are killing all the fun now. Beside this it was really great game some time ago.
    Well OP is on Xbox, so he shouldn't have a problem with them. 
  • Zbiku90
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Yeah, consoles dont have this problem.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

• FromZeroLight
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In Asia server is hell on earth every operation game is ruin by hacker I think there is no service for ban hacker I have face and report same hacker every day