BF1 PC specs

SwadianH
5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I picked up BF1 for a low price to try it out, but it seems that my PC isn't able to handle it on Origin. Here are my specs:
64-bit Windows 8.1
Intel Core i3-4010U CPU @ 1.70GHz
6.00 GB
Intel HD Graphics Family 10.18.14.5067

These specs are below minimums, but can I tweak the settings to play with borderline specs or is it a lost cause with this PC? I have massive lag and extremely long load times for every map.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry but those specs are suited for simple flash games not modern AAA games.

You cannot play Battlefield 1 on an integrated GPU and a low powered laptop CPU.
  • SwadianH

You cannot play Battlefield 1 on an integrated GPU and a low powered laptop CPU.
    What would you suggest buying to play modern AAA games?
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SwadianH said:

That's such a broad question.
    It depends on your budget.

My specs are average/below average for todays standarts and they run both BF1 and BFV pretty well. 

But if you want to spend money on PC I'd suggest something more future proof, meaning at least a 6 core 6 thread cpu. But 8/16 would be better. You can go with ryzen for price reasons.
    As for GPU 2060 can handle modern titles on 1080p and 1440p(with some compromise) but if you want consistent 100+ frame rate or game on a 4k monitor then you'll have to go with 2080/2080super/2080ti.

• Titan_Awaken
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SwadianH wrote: »
    (Quote)

If you are aiming for 1080p 60 FPS and above:

- Ryzen 5 3600
    - RTX 2060/GTX 1660 Super
    - 16GB of DDR4 RAM preferably at 3000+ MHz

With the new consoles coming out this holiday season, it might be a good idea to aim for something slightly better (8 core CPU, better GPU etc).
  • SwadianH
    SwadianH said:

My specs are average/below average for todays standarts and they run both BF1 and BFV pretty well. 

But if you want to spend money on PC I'd suggest something more future proof, meaning at least a 6 core 6 thread cpu. But 8/16 would be better. You can go with ryzen for price reasons.
    As for GPU 2060 can handle modern titles on 1080p and 1440p(with some compromise) but if you want consistent 100+ frame rate or game on a 4k monitor then you'll have to go with 2080/2080super/2080ti.

Thanks for the suggestion. Would any of these sound good? https://www.techradar.com/deals/cheap-gaming-laptop-deals-under-1000. That ASUS TUF does seem like the best. I prefer laptops since I'm on the go all the time.

• CSO7777
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SwadianH said:
    SwadianH said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Would any of these sound good? https://www.techradar.com/deals/cheap-gaming-laptop-deals-under-1000. That ASUS TUF does seem like the best. I prefer laptops since I'm on the go all the time.

If you are serious about gaming, you should really consider buying a desktop PC instead of a laptop.

Laptops are in general slow compared to similar priced desktops (due to power/cooling constaints).

And laptops cannot be upgraded (only RAM or SSD), when your CPU / GPU is getting old, you have to buy a whole new computer, instead of just a new GPU or CPU/mainboard.

But of course laptops are portable and that can be a big plus for some. But you still have to have access to power when gaming. You can often only play perhaps an hour or so on battery, before running our of power.
  • SwadianH
    CSO7777 said:
    SwadianH said:
    SwadianH said:

If you are serious about gaming, you should really consider buying a desktop PC instead of a laptop.

Laptops are in general slow compared to similar priced desktops (due to power/cooling constaints).

And laptops cannot be upgraded (only RAM or SSD), when your CPU / GPU is getting old, you have to buy a whole new computer, instead of just a new GPU or CPU/mainboard.

But of course laptops are portable and that can be a big plus for some. But you still have to have access to power when gaming. You can often only play perhaps an hour or so on battery, before running our of power.
    Agreed, but for lifestyle reasons I still prefer using a laptop, even if I have to keep it plugged in all the time instead of running on battery. I don't actually play on a laptop on my lap, but use it more like a portable desktop. I wouldn't be able to play much on a desktop since I'm not home often.
  • bilonovaa
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just saying I have an i3 6100 16 GB RAM and a GTX 1650 and I run the game at like 60 to 80 fps on 1080p but sometimes there is some drop fps when too much things are happening, BF1 and BF5 are the hardest games to run imo so you really need a good PC.
  • SwadianH
    So my existing PC definitely wouldn't be able to run it even on reduced graphics?
  • CSO7777
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SwadianH said:
    So my existing PC definitely wouldn't be able to run it even on reduced graphics?
    The minimum spec is a I5-6600K CPU and Dice increased the CPU-usage in the game post-launch with some patches. 

An I3 (especially in a laptop) is way slower than a I5 and you will probably never get a smooth running game with your existing laptop.

Perhaps smaller game-modes with less than 64 players will work, but in reality your PC is way below minimum specs.
  • Titan_Awaken
    SwadianH wrote: »

There is no possible way to run it on an Intel Low Power “U” series CPU and an integrated graphics chip without making some serious and I mean SERIOUS concessions and even then I wouldn’t count on it to work well.
  • BigF33t_13
    6827 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited May 20
    Titan is right. There's no way it would even be close to a playable experience. Even at the lowest resolution, lowest settings.  This game takes a lot of CPU power. A low powered, 1.7 ghz CPU isn't going to cut it.
  • gets__tilted
    1702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

So "future proofing" doesnt exist. You just upgrade when it becomes a slide show.

We cant know what games in 5-7 years will require or support. And a entry level cpu in 5 years could outpace 3950x. And you'd be saying "wha, i spent 1k on my cpu how does a $150 cpu perform better.

I expect my 2080 and 2070 super to play games for 5 years. 10? Out of the question, unless theyre from today. Maybe csgo will still be kicking.
  • SwadianH
    Looks like gonna need that new laptop then.
  • BigF33t_13
    6827 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    SwadianH said:
    Looks like gonna need that new laptop then.
    That's the consensus. I would recommend a desktop over a laptop. A laptop will be outdated much faster.