This Week in Battlefield v - May 11, 2020 Edition

Braddock512
1537 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited May 14
We’ve got an update this week - and a new mission (plus Outpost returns!)

(Please note: This is the current schedule of events for this week. Items may be moved, shifted, added, or pushed out. We'll update this calendar throughout the week.)
Monday, May 11, 2020
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
  • Battlefield V Update 6.6 Releases
  • #OnlyinBattlefieldV Moments of the Week - Hot new OIB moments coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
  • Battlefield V Community Drops - We'll be dropping a few Battlefield V codes around the community for folks. We'll select 10 folks to receive a Battlefield V Year 2 Edition code for their platform of choice.
  • Stream Drops - We'll be popping into random Twitch/Mixer/FB streams playing BFV and giving the streamers codes for Battlefield V giveaways.
Thursday, May 14, 2020
  • Battlefield V Mission Starts
  • The Pacific War Playlist will remain throughout Chapter 6.
  • #ThrowbackThursdays - Let's play some BF4 and BF1 - and do some giveaways for these awesome titles! We'll select 10 folks for each game to receive either a Battlefield 4 Premium Edition or Battlefield 1 Revolution Edition code for their platform of choice.
  • BCIW & EA PLAY 2019 Emblem Giveaways - We'll be posting 200 codes on Reddit and Forums throughout the day for you to grab. Codes will be updated on Thursday, May 7, 2020. Forums or Reddit. Good luck!
Friday, May 15, 2020
  • Stream Drops - We'll be popping into random Twitch/Mixer/FB streams playing BFV and giving the streamers codes for Battlefield V for giveaways.
  • #FRIDAYNIGHTBATTLEFIELD – Join your friends, enemies, squadmates, and lone wolves on the FIELD OF BATTLE!

NOTES AND ADDENDUMS

Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• wildbam
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the stuck on death screen has not been fixed or did I miss the point in the patch notes?
  • BruceWillii
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think they forget to fix this most annoying bug. But hey... there is a solution: dont die to close to fortifications :(
  • SithMetal71
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i bet the vehicle spawn bugs have not been addressed? only showing the amount of vehicles.
  • RC-1136_DRMN
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why would you give out codes for the year 2 edition of BFV to the community?  I would think only veterens of the BF community are the only one playing this train wresck at this point.  And even if they aren't who would want to after all of the bad press? 

Still thinking of leaving Twitch on Wednesday since so are so few people watching BFV streams. You have a ood chance of winning something. 
  • AstraeusTheTitan
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @RC-1136_DRMN I have a friend in Greece that has wished to play/squad bfv with me since its release, but alas he has never been able to afford luxury bfv game sadly, and i cannot gift him a copy due to ea origin platform rules for the UK.  So I welcome this contest for him to win one!
    Even just with solo's/firestorm there is still lots of content for a fresh player despite less active MP servers.
  • AstraeusTheTitan
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 Will BFV come to the steam platform?  That would certainly boost the dwindling player base for pc I expect!
  • nuter41
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512
    I would very much appreciate a year 2 bfv code for I have a friend who would very much like to play on ps4
  • nuter41
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512   I’m also on ps4 and my psn is Artfull_dodger__
  • USMC_falllguy
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Playing on the PC. Updated the software. Game is graphic glitches on the home screen, and will not load any game. Loading icon just sits and spins. Very annoying, but not surprising really. Worked just fine last night. 
  • CT1924
    1263 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Out of curiosity, how many trailer submissions were there? I found a few on youtube, and they were rather enjoyeable to watch. Curious how many more I have left to find. :)
  • Braddock512
    1537 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    CT1924 said:
    Out of curiosity, how many trailer submissions were there? I found a few on youtube, and they were rather enjoyeable to watch. Curious how many more I have left to find. :)
    Around 80 or so. 

Why would you give out codes for the year 2 edition of BFV to the community?  I would think only veterens of the BF community are the only one playing this train wresck at this point.  And even if they aren't who would want to after all of the bad press? 

Still thinking of leaving Twitch on Wednesday since so are so few people watching BFV streams. You have a ood chance of winning something. 
    Thanks for the question. Here's the answer I gave on reddit last week, although they phrased it a little less negatively: 

When EA (and all our studios around the world) went into Shelter-in-Home status at the beginning of March, we wanted to help keep people occupied while at home. That's why I've been doing game code giveaways for the last... 6 (or so) .. weeks.
    Some folks want to play previous titles, like BF4 or BF1, so I made sure to get codes for those titles on all platforms as well. No strings attached - just play some games, stay inside, and stay healthy.

Additionally, some folks have friends that haven't jumped into BFV yet, so this is a way to maintain social distancing while also playing video games and staying safe and healthy. 

Playing on the PC. Updated the software. Game is graphic glitches on the home screen, and will not load any game. Loading icon just sits and spins. Very annoying, but not surprising really. Worked just fine last night. 

Have you opened up a bug ticket on Answers HQ? You can do so here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/battlefield-v-bug-reports-en
    Additionally, have you checked for updated drivers, Windows updates, etc.? (No need to answer here, just make sure to provide full details in your Bug Report in the link above. Your login is the same as here.)

-Braddock512

• Braddock512
    @Braddock512 Will BFV come to the steam platform?  That would certainly boost the dwindling player base for pc I expect!
    We've already announced it will. You can find current details (more info to come as we get closer to the release of a lot of games on Steam)  here: https://www.ea.com/news/ea-and-valve-partnership

-Braddock512
  • Noodlesocks
    3593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Any chance of every game mode becoming available at all times once the final update has been released?
  • RC-1136_DRMN
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Thanks for the question. Here's the answer I gave on reddit last week, although they phrased it a little less negatively: 

When EA (and all our studios around the world) went into Shelter-in-Home status at the beginning of March, we wanted to help keep people occupied while at home. That's why I've been doing game code giveaways for the last... 6 (or so) .. weeks.
    Some folks want to play previous titles, like BF4 or BF1, so I made sure to get codes for those titles on all platforms as well. No strings attached - just play some games, stay inside, and stay healthy.

Additionally, some folks have friends that haven't jumped into BFV yet, so this is a way to maintain social distancing while also playing video games and staying safe and healthy. 

-Braddock512
    They should go and play Call of Duty with their friends.  Or maybe Minecraft.  I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to play BFV nevermind someone I was trying to stay connected with during this time.
  • 69_S4LTY_96
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    why have you nerfed the rockets? now the AA guarantee kill you as you cant get away from them or destroy them in one pass.... you need to also nerf the AA and Flak, you have just ruined the flying on BFV completely..... 
  • 69_S4LTY_69
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well think its safe to say you have 100% ruined the flying on BF5 when it come to flak, fleiger and the AA they destroy you in seconds without even giving you the opo to return fire the rockets have been nurfed which is a big no to me.....sorry devs wont return to this game please dont screw the next bf up 
  • 69_S4LTY_96
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    why have you nerfed the rockets? now the AA guarantee kill you as you cant get away from them or destroy them in one pass.... you need to also nerf the AA and Flak, you have just ruined the flying on BFV completely..... 

Let me fix that for you:
    "... you have just ruined the farming on BFV completely..."
    You are welcome.

They have done something right for a change. Don't run this down just because the almighty planes are now more vulnerable - very positive K/Ds for the flyboys are still guaranteed.
    Let me fix that for you:
    "... you have just ruined the flying on BFV completely..."
    You are welcome.

The last big update reduced splash damage of rockets so that they are not effective against troops, which was fine.... the Mosquito's main role in WW2 was to clear the ground from AA and Flak for a bomb run... now it can't do that.
  • Runi88
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi Team.

Thanks for the update.

There were some promises about the anti-hack update. I can't see anything in the notes.
    I'm playing a Firestorm with friends for the last few months. Every day we see the same "hackers" coming into the game where their hacks are:
    - headshot from anywhere they shoot when you're in range
    - seeing players all the time
    The only way to win with such players is to find good vehicles and hope that we manage to kill them at the end.
    All their nicknames are the same all the time. We have reported them through Origin number of times in more than 6 months. Some of the accounts have now a few hundred wins and still playing with those ridiculous cheats. Is anyone looking at those reports? Why those accounts are not banned at all?
    Some players already left BF5 due to a number of cheaters. 

Regards

• Braddock512
    edited May 13
    Runi88 said:
    Hi Team.

Thanks for the update.

There were some promises about the anti-hack update. I can't see anything in the notes.
    I'm playing a Firestorm with friends for the last few months. Every day we see the same "hackers" coming into the game where their hacks are:
    - headshot from anywhere they shoot when you're in range
    - seeing players all the time
    The only way to win with such players is to find good vehicles and hope that we manage to kill them at the end.
    All their nicknames are the same all the time. We have reported them through Origin number of times in more than 6 months. Some of the accounts have now a few hundred wins and still playing with those ridiculous cheats. Is anyone looking at those reports? Why those accounts are not banned at all?
    Some players already left BF5 due to a number of cheaters. 

Regards

You may have misread the "Future of Battlefield V" blog a bit incorrectly. 
    The blog stated the team would continue to working on anti-cheat, but it didn't state specific things would be implemented at certain update points or times. 

@69_Salty_96 @Celsi_GER

You can each share your opinion - and that what it is - without the back-and-forth "correcting" each other. Keep it constructive, keep it civil. 

-Braddock512
    Post edited by Braddock512 on
This discussion has been closed.