spawning in is ruined

peas9675
61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I should be able to spawn in and save my team mate, like it was before, now there is an enemy 10metres away and it will refuse you to spawn in.

On underground it's almost impossible to spawn in.

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1113 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You should definitely not be able to spawn on a teammate under fire, it gives cheap deaths both ways.

I've not played op underground but I can understand how these changes could cause issues.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This dumb stuff has been in every single bf game up to this day: you kill a player and immidiately the squadmate spawns on his body to kill you or be killed by you. Only because his spawning process began before you got that kill. Where is fun in that?
  • peas9675
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You should definitely not be able to spawn on a teammate under fire, it gives cheap deaths both ways.

I've not played op underground but I can understand how these changes could cause issues.

he was out of fire, and still i could not get a quick enough spawn on him to save him.
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still downloading the patch, but if this means that I will no longer have to deal with the BS of shooting at a guy only to have 3 of his buds instantly spawn around him, then I'm all for it.  Even at the expense of me having to spawn at base from time to time.

Honestly even spawning on any squadmate ever is a bit much.  I like the idea of spawn beacons or the cool system they had in 2142.  Instant materialization in WW2 seems a bit silly.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    409 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My teammate was also not under fire but he was in combat and I wanted to spawn but I was been returned to the spawn map. So it's good now
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So far I like it better this way.
  • DaMutha1
    1472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They explicitly said that they are trying this feature out and can tweak it on the server side
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good, nothing worse than spawning on a squadmate to get insta killed.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The new spawn system seems good to me?
  • Shrapnel-69
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure whats going on but yesturday i spawned on squad mates only to get zoomed out straight away and dead, happened a few times i got it before patch but once in a blue moon.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I actually had this many times. Spawning on a squadmate that apparently was already under fire. Or spawning on your flag/objective to find it's suddenly under attack and I spawn in the middle of 4 enemies.
    That was all before this patch, so I will check it out at a later time when I find the incentive to fire this game up again.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I should be able to spawn in and save my team mate, like it was before, now there is an enemy 10metres away and it will refuse you to spawn in.

I don't agree with the premise you should be able to instantly spawn in and save your team mate. In my opinion being able to spawn on squad mates is one of the reasons why conquest has become such a mess in the last 2 BF games. It should go back to squad leader and vehicles only.
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't agree with the premise you should be able to instantly spawn in and save your team mate. In my opinion being able to spawn on squad mates is one of the reasons why conquest has become such a mess in the last 2 BF games. It should go back to squad leader and vehicles only.
    In what ways does spawning only on squad leader and vehicles work better than how it is now? 

I’m curious, only briefly played BF3, otherwise I only know BF4 and 1, so I haven’t tried it.
  • sabersun
    153 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the change.
  • ragnarok013
    3895 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    This dumb stuff has been in every single bf game up to this day: you kill a player and immidiately the squadmate spawns on his body to kill you or be killed by you. Only because his spawning process began before you got that kill. Where is fun in that?

It wouldn't be as annoying if the under fire system worked as intended, but many times I'm trying to spawn, my squad mate is not in combat but the game says he is and I'm unable to spawn and have to choose a flag. Personally I prefer the way it was in BF3 where you can spawn on your squaddie without restriction even if he is under fire.
  • ragnarok013
    3895 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

You could spawn on squad mates in all of the Frostbite Battlefields and the prohibition to spawning on a squad mate under fire was a mid life addition to BF4 - it wasn't even a launch feature. Only in hard core did you have the squad leader only spawn mandate like the older Battlefields had.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You could spawn on squad mates in all of the Frostbite Battlefields and the prohibition to spawning on a squad mate under fire was a mid life addition to BF4 - it wasn't even a launch feature. Only in hard core did you have the squad leader only spawn mandate like the older Battlefields had.
    Ah see I played on PC up to the original BC. Missed BF3, then came to BF4 when i got the PS4 and by that time it was only squad leader spawn. Conquest worked fine for the most part in BF4 if I remember,and like I said, it only started to become a proper Zerg fest during bF1 and BFV and these have squad spawn. But regardless of when it started, it's still a poor mechanic for coherent gameplay
  • trip1ex
    5232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't like the zooming in and out of the map either.  IT's another annoying animation that is  annoying to go thru time after time and it's time consuming.   It might wow at first but it grates on you the more you see it.  Rather just have a simple map that has an x thru your squad mates if you can't spawn on them.  

I don't really like the spawn on the squad mate thing as a whole either.   but i might hate going back too.  Hard call.

I think it's silly when you chase a guy into a building and suddenly magic there 4 guys in there.  There should be some restrictions to it.  But something elegant not convoluted.

like if you have a lot of guys attacking a flag and they essentially form a battlefront with an owned flag or base behind them then teammates should be able to spawn 20m behind that frontline of friendlies.  They just need a simple algorithm.  

Or if you want to spawn behind enemy lines...then something like the player can put a beacon out or mark a parachute spot.  And it has to be outdoors.  

• JamieCurnock
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with the op, personally I'd like the choice as to whether I spawn in or not. If that results in insta-death then so be it, my bad choice to spawn.

So many instances where I know if I spawned I could assist in that fight, potentially win it (depending how I'm playing that day) but I don't even have the option because I might die, boo hoo my ktd might be affected.

Please just give US the choice. If you are someone that constantly spawns on a team mate and dies then it's prob best you spawn elsewhere, take your time approaching a front line. There are however plenty of players that don't need that guidance. I've been playing since bc2 and I am experienced enough to know when I could spawn and stand a chance and when I can't. If I die repeatedly from the same spawn I will go back to base or spawn on a flag.

I just wish we had the choice rather than it being made for us.

Also, for the record this is something that has always annoyed me in bf games (to varying degrees depending which bf it is)