spawning in is ruined

2»

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with the op, personally I'd like the choice as to whether I spawn in or not. If that results in insta-death then so be it, my bad choice to spawn.

So many instances where I know if I spawned I could assist in that fight, potentially win it (depending how I'm playing that day) but I don't even have the option because I might die, boo hoo my ktd might be affected.

Please just give US the choice. If you are someone that constantly spawns on a team mate and dies then it's prob best you spawn elsewhere, take your time approaching a front line. There are however plenty of players that don't need that guidance. I've been playing since bc2 and I am experienced enough to know when I could spawn and stand a chance and when I can't. If I die repeatedly from the same spawn I will go back to base or spawn on a flag.

I just wish we had the choice rather than it being made for us.

Also, for the record this is something that has always annoyed me in bf games (to varying degrees depending which bf it is)

IMO it's not to stop the instant deaths but to stop the occasions when you kill someone and as you are turning away they get spawned on and you get shot. A one on one gunfight shouldn't turn into a one on two.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does it work on the spawn beacons to? Because you used to destroy it only to have someone spawn in probably 2-3 seconds later.
  • JamieCurnock
    737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with the op, personally I'd like the choice as to whether I spawn in or not. If that results in insta-death then so be it, my bad choice to spawn.

So many instances where I know if I spawned I could assist in that fight, potentially win it (depending how I'm playing that day) but I don't even have the option because I might die, boo hoo my ktd might be affected.

Please just give US the choice. If you are someone that constantly spawns on a team mate and dies then it's prob best you spawn elsewhere, take your time approaching a front line. There are however plenty of players that don't need that guidance. I've been playing since bc2 and I am experienced enough to know when I could spawn and stand a chance and when I can't. If I die repeatedly from the same spawn I will go back to base or spawn on a flag.

I just wish we had the choice rather than it being made for us.

Also, for the record this is something that has always annoyed me in bf games (to varying degrees depending which bf it is)

IMO it's not to stop the instant deaths but to stop the occasions when you kill someone and as you are turning away they get spawned on and you get shot. A one on one gunfight shouldn't turn into a one on two.

Yeah that's a good point, It is very annoying.

those moments where there is clearly no one around and you can't spawn on your team mate are also really annoying.

Difficult one to balance, this is probably a reasonable middle ground to be fair.
  • SMK_GAMING_1
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice added a feature where if your squad made enters combat you cannot spawn on them. This combined with the whole zoom in spawn feature makes for a lot of frustration now
  • Grittizen
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This absolute TRASH new spawn system would be at least semi tolerable if it didn't let you click a squadmate, spend 3 seconds zooming you into the map, hanging up for 5 seconds, then deciding "Na, actually not gonna let you in" and taking another 3 seconds to zoom you back out.  I'd rather squad spawn and instantly get mowed down than deal with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ like what it does now.  Then again, I played in the glory days of BC2 where you could spawn right in the middle of a firefight and save your squad...Or die instantly sometimes.  Point being, you as the player had a choice, do you want to spawn in the middle of a firefight or is it too risky?  This system doesn't give you any choice, and its like they're trying to force spawning to be safe, as if squad spawning should be inherently safe like spawning in the back of your base spawn, which it shouldn't.  Squad spawning is inherently risky, and its up to you, the player, to make the decision if you want to take that risk, not EA/Dice telling you that its too risky, so we won't let you.

Revert this crap, then revert it further back to the old, GOOD system where you could spawn in whenever the hell you wanted, consequences be damned.
  • ragnarok013
    3891 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I should be able to spawn in and save my team mate, like it was before, now there is an enemy 10metres away and it will refuse you to spawn in.

On underground it's almost impossible to spawn in.
    I don't agree with the premise you should be able to instantly spawn in and save your team mate. In my opinion being able to spawn on squad mates is one of the reasons why conquest has become such a mess in the last 2 BF games. It should go back to squad leader and vehicles only.

You could spawn on squad mates in all of the Frostbite Battlefields and the prohibition to spawning on a squad mate under fire was a mid life addition to BF4 - it wasn't even a launch feature. Only in hard core did you have the squad leader only spawn mandate like the older Battlefields had.
    Ah see I played on PC up to the original BC. Missed BF3, then came to BF4 when i got the PS4 and by that time it was only squad leader spawn. Conquest worked fine for the most part in BF4 if I remember,and like I said, it only started to become a proper Zerg fest during bF1 and BFV and these have squad spawn. But regardless of when it started, it's still a poor mechanic for coherent gameplay

ninjapenquinuk that's actually why I dislike the prohibition to spawning under fire - it breaks up squads unnecessarily since the "under fire detector" is so hypersensitive that even when your squad mate isn't under fire it frequently says he is and makes you spawn on a flag instead of the squad.
  • DukeManjunk
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have mixed emotions about the spawning in this game.

Sometimes i spawn, and take about one step before being killed because i got spawned literally right in front of an enemy.

Other times, i'll get spawned several hundred meters away from the objective im trying to spawn on, actually closer to a different objective than the one i tried to spawn on.

Is getting spawn killed annoying? Yes.

Is spawning 400 meters away from where you intended to in order to prevent spawn killing annoying? Also yes.
  • KMAsterisk
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me it seems to have a larger effect in the smaller game modes. I'm not sure if it is the algorithm factors in spacing, there's just more action in SQC, or it was pure coincidence.
  • TeamHOFF86
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    ninjapenquinuk that's actually why I dislike the prohibition to spawning under fire - it breaks up squads unnecessarily since the "under fire detector" is so hypersensitive that even when your squad mate isn't under fire it frequently says he is and makes you spawn on a flag instead of the squad.

I played a few rounds of BF4 and got frustrated with spawning on a squad mate in the middle of a firefight when I thought that they were no longer in combat. Most of it was probably my fault for being too hasty, but I do like the system they've put in place for BF5.

I'd rather go through the naff zooming animation only to be zoomed back out than end up getting insta-killed, or appearing put of thin air to get the drop on unsuspecting enemies which, although it's undeniably fun, just isn't fair on anyone.

What I don't like is a spawn being rejected because "computer-says-no" and being spawned randomly the other side of the map without having any say on the matter. The UI for respawning is unnecessarily complicated and I prefer that of BF3/4.
  • trip1ex
    5231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 19
    they didn't restrict spawning on a squadmate in combat in because you would get killed right when spawning in. 

they restricted it  because it's dumb fighting a soldier and then losing the firefight because his buddy spawned on top of him while you were fighting.  

• Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn't mind it as much but that zoom in makes it seem much worse.
    By the time the camera settles in, the actions already over and it just feels like your denied for no reason. Without the zoom the feeling of why your denied would be more obvious time-wise and you won't have the frustration of zoom in-zoom out-zoom in-zoom out just to spawn.

Honestly that zoom in has caused so many issues they should just dump it, it doesn't help at all with positioning and awareness like they probably intended but instead causes all sorts of delayed spawning issues.