The New Patch Destroyed Air Game play

Frindly-Fire-4
376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Fliger 1 shot kill a plane
Increase the AA range that it shoots across the map
increase the AA damage
increase the Mobile AA range
increase the Mobile AA damage
plane Flares are useless now back to what thy where  at game lunched
Just Why destroy the air game play in the game
if some players hate planes thy can always play other mods without planes but why destroy the Original Battlefield experience .  do developers  play the game or just change things according to feedback ? fliger was powerful  before that patch and can deal 92 damage to a plane add to that 32 players can carry it  in a round , The AA range and damage was great before that patch . Things need to be corrected back .

Comments

• Celsi_GER
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you sure about your last sentence? Where did you read this?
    This would be disappointing. The fighters are not the problem, the bombers are.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fliegerfaust damage was untouched. They only increased the damage of vehicle and stationary AA against fighters. Damage against bombers was untouched.
    play the game and you will see that damage change
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fliger was powerful  before that patch and can deal 92 damage to a plane add to that 32 players can carry it  in a round.

The Fliegerfaust always did that amount of damage since it's in the game. That never got changed.

Celsi_GER wrote: »
    The fighters are not the problem, the bombers are.

Some changes were made just for fighters. 🦆
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Well Dice never lets us down. We know they dont have a clue on how to balance.
    They just surrende when people cry and make some changes without testing it.
  • SOMEMOSTER
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Previous patch broke tank experience. Current one breaks air. You know what DICE will break in the final update. :)
  • Celsi_GER
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)

You mean changes like the ones they did to the Fliegerfaust's initial performance after the flyboys cried because they could be one-hit-killed with it?

(Almost) nobody would complain about "OP" planes today if the Fliegerfaust would still perform like it did on its release. Because the plane <> AA situation was balanced then.

• SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    (Quote)

You mean changes like the ones they did to the Fliegerfaust's initial performance after the flyboys cried because they could be one-hit-killed with it?

Actually yes. FF and pacific planes were much better before they desided to nerf everything. The nerf of the FF was the beginng of severel nerf of planes and now buff of AA. Its a mess imo.
  • Noodlesocks
    3662 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fliegerfaust damage was untouched. They only increased the damage of vehicle and stationary AA against fighters. Damage against bombers was untouched.
    Hadn't noticed much of a difference flying earlier. Stationary AA certainly packs a bigger punch so I tried to avoid areas with enemy AA and seemed to work out fine. Was another plane that shot me down in the end. Will certainly play more but I haven't yet experienced this 'destroyed air game' yet.

• YUKnowWhatItIz
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    SOMEMOSTER wrote: »
    Previous patch broke tank experience. Current one breaks air. You know what DICE will break in the final update. :)

I would advise them to make the next game without vehicles. Most seem to want an infantry game and Dice have lost the knowledge how to make a combined warfar game.

They should just make Battlefield 6: Call of Duty.

The game plays exactly like Call of Duty, so why not? Sliding, Snap on Aim Assist, little recoil to no recoil, etc.
  • stagville
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    pretty sure they changed the fliger without telling us
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fliegerfaust is fine.  Planes have to get quite close for it to be effective.  But any plane that gets in my space better kill me, or its going down.  As it should be.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    Carbonic said:
    The plane balance seems way better to me from some brief playing. Will need to test more ofc and some tweaks might be nice for the next patch.
    I believe Battlefield should be designed for players that play everything - planes, tanks, infantry, boats etc. so the vehicles should not be so overpowered that players can play in the same one the entire game. There should be no tank-only, or plane-only players as this skews and thus ruins the gameplay too much for the average player. To accomplish this, Battlefield has always used a rock-paper-scissor approach where everything has a counter (which can be countered using teamwork) and what I think this patch has done is bring back balance so something can now counter planes again.
    What we may have here is a situation where pilots who don't like dying will now die, perhaps if they now help the infantry take objectives they will now be able to get help back from the infantry to take out the AA - if nothing else the planes will help their tank teammates if they force the enemy to use Fliegerfausts instead of anti-tank materiel. IMO planes are meant to be short term fun things to make the Battlefield gameplay loop more varied, you are a soldier, then in a tank, then a sniper, then in a plane - you have to die for this varied gameplay loop to take place, even pilots.

It should also be said that there's probably more AA in the air right now as everyone is testing it out.
    probably u did not fly a plane after the patch , what balance you are talking about ? AA shoot`s over 800 meters and do you know  the Numbers of AA in each map ?  one dedicated AA guy would keep all the planes on the ground after this patch add to that fliger and Mobile AA plus other planes , what balance are you  talking about, you want real balance players should learn how to fly and use the planes to kill a planes and all other tools you have added for infantry  should be a helping tool only that do minor part of the damage so thy can team up and use them  not a 1 hit fliger = a dead plane or an AA camper clear`s the sky ,  we want to have fun in the game, where is the team play your are talking about if one infantry can take down a plane easly , how about you add a 1 hit bazoka kills a tank too so your infantry only players have fun !!!!
  • MammiBoo
    422 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic wrote: »
    The plane balance seems way better to me from some brief playing. Will need to test more ofc and some tweaks might be nice for the next patch.
    I believe Battlefield should be designed for players that play everything - planes, tanks, infantry, boats etc. so the vehicles should not be so overpowered that players can play in the same one the entire game. There should be no tank-only, or plane-only players as this skews and thus ruins the gameplay too much for the average player. To accomplish this, Battlefield has always used a rock-paper-scissor approach where everything has a counter (which can be countered using teamwork) and what I think this patch has done is bring back balance so something can now counter planes again.
    What we may have here is a situation where pilots who don't like dying will now die, perhaps if they now help the infantry take objectives they will now be able to get help back from the infantry to take out the AA - if nothing else the planes will help their tank teammates if they force the enemy to use Fliegerfausts instead of anti-tank materiel. IMO planes are meant to be short term fun things to make the Battlefield gameplay loop more varied, you are a soldier, then in a tank, then a sniper, then in a plane - you have to die for this varied gameplay loop to take place, even pilots.

It should also be said that there's probably more AA in the air right now as everyone is testing it out.

So wrong on multiple accounts. With all respect, bf games were everything about vehicles. The gameplay is designed around vehicles. Vehicles were force multipliers in any bf game till bf1. Even there the balance was really nice after they nerfed trench fighter, and the relation between aa planes were on point. Now the reality of bfv destroyed vehicular gameplay in so many ways it is not even worth it to discuss it. Playing tanks is boring, go back to base, attrition, camp a hill whatever. Plane hopping is a disaster cause maps are tiny for a decent aerial warfare. Low ceiling and generally shrinked maps with Aa s all over the place. If we are talking bad design I can safely say bfv maps are like lancang dam on bf4 clustered with planes and tanks in a tiny map. In bf4 Maa can reach from their spawn the enemy home flag including with passive radar. In bfv things are getting full ret having maps tinier than dam but with aas all over the place. Mercury, Al Sundan, Narvik, Fjell, and maps with Aas covering nearly entire map without leaving spawn like Arras. The few that remained have more aas than every bf game before had ever like Panzerstorm. So this means the only map that can be played with planes like me as a fighter pilot is twisted steel. It is so sad that they destroyed this franchise, and they did it on purpose for that very sad guy staying in the spawn all day long. With all respect your opinion is a nonsense to me you basically said vehicles should be one time fun. But bf was prior to this pos a game where planes weren t used just for taxiing. My 0 cents, cause 2 are too much for that game.
  • Odinslayer848
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:

I would advise them to make the next game without vehicles. Most seem to want an infantry game and Dice have lost the knowledge how to make a combined warfar game.
    Go play CoD then.
  • SirBobdk
    edited May 13
    SirBobdk said:

Go play CoD then.
    Naaa, i dont like cod gameplay.
     I`m going back to BF1 or BF4.