The New Patch Destroyed Air Game play

Comments

• Man_ILoveFishing
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    I will say it again. It is better balanced now. After the buff.

I have never said planes are weak.
    I don't know what do you mean by its better balanced now, still can go high kdr if this is the problem. :D It only made way harder to engage other planes, nothing has changed against infantry, still can spam or bomb crap out of. Oh yeah, you mean when i engage SAA alone? Since 6.2 patch people didn't engage SAA. I literally can't understand the point of buffing distance, care to explain how it made more balanced?
    Again.

Ok, there are different types of planes, since we have both heavier and long range weapon variants, DICE may have seen it was necessary to increase the range of SAA to provide better cover for others players on the map against planes. This could also see a reduction of planes ability to do end to end bombing runs. 

When did fighters die directly taking on a SAA? 6.6 No it was not. It was 6.2 where there was plenty of complaints about OP rockets.
    You mean bugged rockets?... And i don't mind if SAA provides cover for other players but again covering whole air space from main spawn/base and dealing great damage, what kind of balance is that when one can't even enter the field. I.e Arras. There is nothing balanced... New player joins server, gets killed by mastered pilot plenty of times that literally wasted 100+ hours to be good at and then rookie learns SAA operating in 1 hour to take down plane with a slap. I don't know but have you even tried to operate SAA in 6.6? Just asking. Like i said, plane vs plane it's hell cause third party can join from other end of the map.

EDIT: If it has come to this, me as a recon would like to have some plastic explosives to kill a tank, cause i can literally do nothing against the tank, i should probably open new topic about it and whine about, so i can provide cover to my teammates.
  • DingoKillr
    4233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    You mean bugged rockets?... And i don't mind if SAA provides cover for other players but again covering whole air space from main spawn/base and dealing great damage, what kind of balance is that when one can't even enter the field. I.e Arras. There is nothing balanced... New player joins server, gets killed by mastered pilot plenty of times that literally wasted 100+ hours to be good at and then rookie learns SAA operating in 1 hour to take down plane with a slap. I don't know but have you even tried to operate SAA in 6.6? Just asking. Like i said, plane vs plane it's hell cause third party can join from other end of the map.

EDIT: If it has come to this, me as a recon would like to have some plastic explosives to kill a tank, cause i can literally do nothing against the tank, i should probably open new topic about it and whine about, so i can provide cover to my teammates.

Bugged rockets, so using would be an exploit and any pilot who used should be banned. Correct?

So you want balanced based off one map, funny how pilots kept telling others not to balance planes based off one map.

What rubbish "I am highly skilled, I should never be killed by anyone that is not a skilled pilot" so we should only allow higher rank to kill lower rank. Talk about selfish.

Why should plane v plane combat be excluded from 3rd party interruption? I don't see why it should not when planes have been interrupting infantry v infantry or tank v tank ans is part of a combined arms team game.

What is the role of Anti-Aircraft? hmm I don't know, oh wait is it to counter Aircraft? What is the role of Recon? hmm Sniper and Pathfinder are they Anti-tank role? No. If only there was a infantry role that is AT? Oh yeah, Vehicle buster under the Assault class.
  • InS_Hypno
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    (Quote)

Bugged rockets, so using would be an exploit and any pilot who used should be banned. Correct?

No they were bugged the same way the m26 dart was glitched on BF3
    As far as I know no one got banned for using it in BF3 although using it was scummy
  • SirBobdk
    5222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3

What is the role of Anti-Aircraft? hmm I don't know, oh wait is it to counter Aircraft?
    Agree, but there is a difference between counter planes and being able to close down the air space and prevent the use of the majority of available planes.
    And I'm only talking about Vanilla maps since I have not been playing Pacific planes for a long time. It might be different there, I dont know.
    I can take an MAA on most of the Vanilla maps and more or less easily shoot down planes while covering most of the map. On the smaller maps like Arres and Narvik I can take the SAA and againg cover most of the flags. I can move the Bofors on Hamada behind B and cover 4 flags.  And you dont see many FF on the Vanilla maps except fjell, because the AA is doing the job. No reason for using the FF. I would be surprised if any infantry player even notice planes anymore on Vanilla maps. And if so then its only because they get killed maybe one time.
  • Celsi_GER
    687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    After what I was seeing ingame and reading here in forums, I would not object to a statement that the SAA might be overpowered by a lower 1-digit percentage, if the pilot has average skill.

The "problem" is, that there are many "Pro" pilots, there is one in almost every game. As soon as this supposed OP situation might get fixed, the "Pro" pilots will be a pain in the behind again.
    And let's be honest: Only one good pilot can "ruin" the game for ground completely, since it it very easy for him to get endless repair and resupply.

Seems that real balance is really difficult to gain. We have seen both sides now (before last update and after).
    Pilots will always prefer the "before" state, infantry will prefer current state.

AND there is always the danger that DICE destroys 5 other things while "fixing" 1 certain issue.
    For this reason (and because I do not fly) i say: leave it as it is now.
    Might sound quite egoistic, but: better make few pilots unhappy than the many more people on the ground.
  • SirBobdk
    5222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Celsi_GER
    How do you see the difference between Vanilla and Pacific.
    I find it very unbalanced on the Vanilla maps, but without knowing it may seem more balanced on the Pacific maps from what people are writing.
  • Celsi_GER
    687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    Sorry, I did not play Pacific maps after the update anymore.
    I somehow lost interest in them before the updated already, because planes were so unvincible then, and also tanks and snipers long-distance-camping for kills instead of PTFO made me dislike the Pacific Theatre.
    I need to retry it at some time, but (for the same reasons) it will also be difficult to convince my clan mates to try Pacific again.
    I will try next time we play and then give feedback.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most of the coments diffinding the 6.6 patch thinks its just air vs ground, you are ignoring that each side have air planes that can kill each other from my experince if you have planes going for planes pilot's wont even the time to go for ground but since this 6.6 patch you cant go for planes it's a death sintance if you do so, that made both side pilots go for ground only
  • SirBobdk
    Celsi_GER said:
    Sorry, I did not play Pacific maps after the update anymore.
    I somehow lost interest in them before the updated already, because planes were so unvincible then, and also tanks and snipers long-distance-camping for kills instead of PTFO made me dislike the Pacific Theatre.
    I need to retry it at some time, but (for the same reasons) it will also be difficult to convince my clan mates to try Pacific again.
    I will try next time we play and then give feedback.
    Same her. Only map I realy like is BT on Solomon even if the tanks are farming infantry like hell :D 
    Planes were a huge problem on the Pacific maps and extremely OP to begin with. I think they did become better after all the nerfs, but the speed made them like flying cows and boring, so I stopped. 

• Man_ILoveFishing
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    (Quote)

So you want balanced based off one map, funny how pilots kept telling others not to balance planes based off one map.

What rubbish "I am highly skilled, I should never be killed by anyone that is not a skilled pilot" so we should only allow higher rank to kill lower rank. Talk about selfish.

Why should plane v plane combat be excluded from 3rd party interruption? I don't see why it should not when planes have been interrupting infantry v infantry or tank v tank ans is part of a combined arms team game.

What is the role of Anti-Aircraft? hmm I don't know, oh wait is it to counter Aircraft? What is the role of Recon? hmm Sniper and Pathfinder are they Anti-tank role? No. If only there was a infantry role that is AT? Oh yeah, Vehicle buster under the Assault class.
    I'm not saying 3rd party should be excluded. Do you even read what am i writing? I'm saying 3rd party joining from other end of the map that deals great amount of damage by 1 hit already sounds balanced to you? And ofc players exploited bugged rockets and it took 2-3 months to fix, i saw it as major bug. However planes were not OP and not pilots fault. And based off one what??? We don't need POWER we need SPACE. I'll drop arguing with you since you clearly bash with ur one angle of view. I play both, ground and air and for some reasons i have no problems against planes. Like i said before, why would 1 player own whole airspace with one single AA? 

EDIT: And ofc lower rank dies... Why the hell there is ranking anyway then? Go try csgo silver cs global, selfish?

• Celsi_GER
    edited June 3
    Most of the coments diffinding the 6.6 patch thinks its just air vs ground, you are ignoring that each side have air planes that can kill each other from my experince if you have planes going for planes pilot's wont even the time to go for ground but since this 6.6 patch you cant go for planes it's a death sintance if you do so, that made both side pilots go for ground only

I can fully agreed with this and acknowledge the problem: A plane engaged in dogfight is an easy target for AA, if it is in range.
    From this point of view, just buffing the AA was not a good decision. Solution proposal: Drastically reduce damage or accuracy from ground to planes which are firing on / receiving fire from other planes. Including a small buffer period (10sec?) because a dogfight may have small "breaks"
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    (Quote)

Bugged rockets were exploited cause Dice didn't hot fix them, i saw it as a major bug and it's not players fault. I don't need balance base off one map, i need space, not power. Skilled? Why are there rankings anyway? Like csgo, silver vs global, global is selfish cause have a lot more playtime, aim and knowledge? Excluded by 3rd party interruption from other side of the map? Clearly you only bash stuff out from one angle. Done with you.

• D5RAT
    2009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    Yes they should have left it where good pilots go 70 - 1 without much fear of AA and ground troops having no AA weapons .. because that's balanced
  • SirBobdk
    Celsi_GER said:

I can fully agreed with this and acknowledge the problem: A plane engaged in dogfight is an easy target for AA, if it is in range.
    From this point of view, just buffing the AA was not a good decision. Solution proposal: Drastically reduce damage or accuracy from ground to planes which are firing on / receiving fire from other planes. Including a small buffer period (10sec?) because a dogfight may have small "breaks"
    I think the problem on Vanilla is fighters/attack planes vs bombers. We need a strong AA with range to deal with high altitude bombers if no fighters are present, but on the other side we also want fighters to deal with bombers and attack planes, but we dont want fighters and attack planes to farm infantry. There are too many variables to balance why less planes and only fighters and attack planes would have been a better solution. It's like the game lacks 2 types of AA. One for long shooting and one for short, like the 88 to deal with bombers (Less effective against low flying planes) and the Bofors/Flak38 to deal with low flying planes. I really dont know the best solution. 
  • D5RAT
    2009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Naaa, i dont like cod gameplay. I`m going back to BF1 or BF4.

They both have vehicles and planes ?
  • SirBobdk
    edited June 3
    D5RAT said:
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Naaa, i dont like cod gameplay. I`m going back to BF1 or BF4.

They both have vehicles and planes ?
    Yes but both games have way better map design, balance and less infantry maps. At least BF4.
    Not sure about what you mean. Vehicle play was much better before BFV and I play BF because of vehicles, why I dont like cod.
  • SirBobdk
    D5RAT said:
    Yes they should have left it where good pilots go 70 - 1 without much fear of AA and ground troops having no AA weapons .. because that's balanced
    No planes should be able to go 70-1, but they should have balanced those few maps where its possible and not used a sledge hammer destroying all those maps and game modes where planes was not a problem
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    D5RAT said:
    Yeah, and tank that go 70-1 is "okay".
  • SirBobdk
    D5RAT said:
    Yeah, and tank that go 70-1 is "okay".
    I have played BT Solomon for a long time and tanks do this all the time. But that don't seem to be a problem.
    Tanks are doing the same thing on a few maps just like planes. Not saying it makes it's ok, but it is funny imo. 
  • Celsi_GER
    edited June 3
    I could be mean/toxic here and say that 70:1 tanks are a failure of planes who prefer to bomb groups of infantry rather than a single tank.
    But to be honest honest, I have absolutely no proof for this, so please file my comment under "teasing" ;)
    Many tank maps even don't have planes.
    Post edited by Celsi_GER on