The New Patch Destroyed Air Game play

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    Celsi_GER said:
    I could be mean/toxic here and say that 70:1 tanks are a failure of planes who prefer to bomb groups of infantry rather than a single tank.
    But to be honest honest, I have absolutely no proof for this, so please file my comment under "teasing" ;)
    Many tank maps even don't have planes.
    Tanks in the pacific were burning wrecks for a long time until the 3rd view bomb sight and bombs was changed especially from the Zero, and created many problems for tankers. Just ask @MBT_Layzan :D:wink: My record was 34 tanks destroyed on Iwo/BT. Here you could talk about planes being OP against tanks.
    Imo tanks are mostly a problem on maps without planes like Aerodrome or BT Solomon 
    Not to mention the broken rockets, which was just ridiculous.
    Many of the planes can or used to be able to ohk tanks and there have also been a lot of complains about that, and rightly so.
  • S1n31ra
    172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    S1n31ra wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Coming here just to listening to the whining of the pilots who thought they were stars but can't play the game when there's a fair fight.

It's not fair when all enemy team can see plane coming and the pilot can't see the enemy, it's not fair when one guy could one hit kill a plane, it's not fair when SAA could cover all the map, it's not fair where explosive bullit get spread and little damage, it's not fair when incindery bombs can do visual effects but no real damage, it's not fair when plane cannons has recoil and the plane jumps up and down and you can't control it, it's not fair when you get only one glide bomb that deals low damage ... etc..

Interesting, that sounds exactly like how it is as infantry. Welcome to Battlefield!
  • cashm0n3y08
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well I figured out how to 1v1 MAA now, with the VB and the 109-G2. Gotta use the rockets, can't have a tail on you, and it has to be the only AA threat. If there's two, then its best to avoid. I was on Arras last night with a VA and got shot down by an MAA, then switched to the VB and absolutely eviscerated him 4 straight times. He even tried to hide in the hedgerows in his spawn, lol. If you land all missiles you can do about 70 dmg, which is just enough to get him in two runs even if he quick repairs. Done this quite a few times now since the last patch, and most MAA tankers are bad, like really bad, they couldn't track a fly in their bedrooms. Some pop smoke and then back up out of the smoke like they are being attacked by infantry, lol, that's not how that works, I can still see you.  

Why are they so bad at MAA? Because they start shooting at me when I'm way across the map saying "HI I'M HERE COME ATTACK ME!" instead of hiding and waiting patiently for me to get well within range before they open fire. This may work with novice pilots, but not the good ones. If you just waited until that pilot got close enough to where he can't escape beyond your range it wouldn't matter what plane that pilot was flying in. When you fly you learn the weaknesses of planes that you would never know otherwise, fyi. 
  • SirBobdk
    5228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @cashm0n3y08
    Thx for posting. Gonna try it.
    Imo the Flakpazer is more deadly with the one canon and not 4 which most are using.
    Feel I can destroy any plane even before they get in range.
    Have not been able to kill the Flakpanzer with Mosqiuto rockets only 4000 bomb.
  • cashm0n3y08
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @SirBobdk Not sure about the mosquito, but if you are using the VB or G2 rockets it only requires 2 strafe runs and connecting with all missiles, which isn't that hard for a well experienced pilot, novices and average pilots will probably find this challenge difficult. It might be more difficult in the mosquito because its less maneuverable and its louder, so that MAA tanker might hear you coming. 

On Arras, there's literally no other option other than to go on the offense against MAA unless you just want to fly around in your spawn the entire round since the MAA's range takes up the entire "flag area" of Arras. Some of these MAA tankers are a joke though, I just get disrespectful at times and just fly right at them and they still are looking up trying to find me. Sometimes I'll even shoot the MG's at them on the approach just to taunt them. I'm convinced and always have been that AA isn't underpowered, the people using them are. 
  • SirBobdk
    @SirBobdk Not sure about the mosquito, but if you are using the VB or G2 rockets it only requires 2 strafe runs and connecting with all missiles, which isn't that hard for a well experienced pilot, novices and average pilots will probably find this challenge difficult. 
    Waw. I knew about the VB rockets but didnt know that you could do it with G2 rockets. I have only used them against infantry thinking they were to week against armor. Thx, gonna try it. 👍

Destroyed 18 planes on hamada from the Hill with flakpanzer. Got the nickname SirBobdick 😂 In chat.
    Have to try the Flakpanzer on Arras 🤪
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they will nerf AA / fliegerfaust against fighters, no interest in playing the new ones if you continue to be OS by almost all the anti air  :( 
  • Celsi_GER
    701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    Sorry, I did not play Pacific maps after the update anymore.
    I somehow lost interest in them before the updated already, because planes were so unvincible then, and also tanks and snipers long-distance-camping for kills instead of PTFO made me dislike the Pacific Theatre.
    I need to retry it at some time, but (for the same reasons) it will also be difficult to convince my clan mates to try Pacific again.
    I will try next time we play and then give feedback.

Played a round of Iwo Jima tonight. Did not go for objectives, but killing planes with Fliegerfaust. I damaged many planes (best hit scored 67 points) but killed only two.
    The fighters (not one, three of them) randomly turned and changed course all the time, impossible to predict and aim with Fliegerfaust.
    Fliegerfaust is not OP at all.
    Unless there were 3 "pro" pilots on this server at the same time. I doubt it.

Later a clan mate joined me and took the SAA. He was blown out of it by fighter plane with rockets before the fighter even was in SAA range.
    --> SAA is not OP at all.

I am sorry, I do not want to be mean, but I don't buy this "pro pilot" story anymore.
    What you call "Pro pilot", they are average to good pilots who learned to adapt to the new situation.
    The pilots having difficulties to adapt, I think they are below average pilots.

AA <> air balance is fine.
  • SirBobdk
    edited June 3
    Celsi_GER said:
    2 maps so far using MAA last 2 days
    Hamada German: 18 planes destroyed
    Twisted Steel British: 14 planes destroyed

MAA vs air on Vanilla is not balanced, but I can understand you find it better on Pacific? Have to try it to see.
  • DutchFightert
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

I damaged many planes (best hit scored 67 points) but killed only two.

3 rounds pacific.

• Frindly-Fire-4
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    3 rounds pacific.

Thank you. that would silence the fliger Not OP claimers.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    Celsi_GER said:
    Sorry, I did not play Pacific maps after the update anymore.
    I somehow lost interest in them before the updated already, because planes were so unvincible then, and also tanks and snipers long-distance-camping for kills instead of PTFO made me dislike the Pacific Theatre.
    I need to retry it at some time, but (for the same reasons) it will also be difficult to convince my clan mates to try Pacific again.
    I will try next time we play and then give feedback.

Played a round of Iwo Jima tonight. Did not go for objectives, but killing planes with Fliegerfaust. I damaged many planes (best hit scored 67 points) but killed only two.
    The fighters (not one, three of them) randomly turned and changed course all the time, impossible to predict and aim with Fliegerfaust.
    Fliegerfaust is not OP at all.
    Unless there were 3 "pro" pilots on this server at the same time. I doubt it.

Later a clan mate joined me and took the SAA. He was blown out of it by fighter plane with rockets before the fighter even was in SAA range.
    --> SAA is not OP at all.

I am sorry, I do not want to be mean, but I don't buy this "pro pilot" story anymore.
    What you call "Pro pilot", they are average to good pilots who learned to adapt to the new situation.
    The pilots having difficulties to adapt, I think they are below average pilots.

Pro pilot is when it comes to pilot vs pilot fight, not diving down and pointing lazer straight rockets. But you can't pro pilot cause third party SAA or maybe even flieger can slingshot into fight from great distance. Anyway, i guess they were smart pilots and eyeballing you.
    Post edited by Man_ILoveFishing on
  • Celsi_GER
    701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    3 rounds pacific.

It won't.
    In this video I see mostly incautious pilots in low flying planes, sometimes already damaged, doing no random evasive actions to make FF's live difficult.
    3 lucky rounds with easy targets don't prove anything.
    I see skilled pilots being able to outsmart AA all the time on the vanilla maps I frequently play.
    I promised to check Pacific, and so I did: shooting planes down was even harder here.
    That's all infomation I need.

You still haven't answered my previous question, Frindly: in your last round of Iwo Jima you finished 27:2 in your plane.
    Where was the "overpowered" AA here, did they have a day off?

• Frindly-Fire-4
    219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    3 rounds pacific.

It won't.
    In this video I see mostly incautious pilots in low flying planes, sometimes already damaged, doing no random evasive actions to make FF's live difficult.
    3 lucky rounds with easy targets don't prove anything.
    I see skilled pilots being able to outsmart AA all the time on the vanilla maps I frequently play.
    I promised to check Pacific, and so I did: shooting planes down was even harder here.
    That's all infomation I need.

You still haven't answered my previous question, Frindly: in your last round of Iwo Jima you finished 27:2 in your plane.
    Where was the "overpowered" AA here, did they have a day off?

If a sniper get 80-1 dos that mean snipers are op ? Or no one tried to kill him ? , same go"s to a plane if the other team did not use the tool or didn't try to shoot me blame them, the videos that have been posted on this post alone shows clearly how the fliger and AA are op .
  • Celsi_GER
    The videos show nothing than bad pilots who do not even try to avoid or attack the FF threat.
    A well trained chimp could do better.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    The videos show nothing than bad pilots who do not even try to avoid or attack the FF threat.

And how would the pilot see the threat ??????? But the Fliger guy could easy see the pilot and one shot kill him. I would say a blind player could use the fliger and the AA now and shoot planes without aiming, go and check the other videos you might change your point of view, for your info. I didnt record those clips it's the comunity sharing their point of view
  • DingoKillr
    4241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I would not say bad pilots it was better position of the FF he was never on the front line so could focus on planes. He hung back and shoot after the planes attack run. Which only works well in parts of breakthrough.

We had pilots say how good they are killing 30+ tanks in a round. But use an AA and shootdown 10+ across 3 rounds and sudden it is OP.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    seeing is believing, your words cant hide the truth, pepole can easy see what patch 6.6 did.
  • cashm0n3y08
    edited June 4

You didn't post a video, at least he did. You're just making a claim expecting everyone to believe it. I bet if you made a video I can analyze and nit pick too. Were you shooting at the pilot when he was too far away? Are you just bad at aiming with FF?

The weapon should indeed require at least a little skill to use, you can't just expect to just point the thing in the sky and expect success, the current build of the FF almost guarantees this, but you still sort of have to aim with it.
  • DingoKillr
    4241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You didn't post a video, at least he did. You're just making a claim expecting everyone to believe it. I bet if you made a video I can analyze and nit pick too. Were you shooting at the pilot when he was too far away? Are you just bad at aiming with FF?

The weapon should indeed require at least a little skill to use, you can't just expect to just point the thing in the sky and expect success, the current build of the FF almost guarantees this, but you still sort of have to aim with it.
    You just had @Frindly-Fire-4 say a blind person could use a FF and AA and you basically agree with him.

So your saying to time a distance shot to get both sets of rockets to hit is little skill.

Well there you go to show how stupid the pilots argument is about FF being OP. Because how much skill does it take to shot rockets from a plane? Is it none then!

If a blind man can guarantee hits with a FF he must be able to also guarantee hits with a little skill weapons like plane rockets.

Does that not also make planes with rockets OP! Maybe DICE should nerf rockets more if they are OP.