The New Patch Destroyed Air Game play

Comments

  • peas9675
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well if this isn't the biggest misinformation I've ever seen.

    FF isn't even close to one shot. And now has times it doesn't register. Yaay

    Mobile AA is still awful because of the bullet velocity.

    Still getting one shot by planes in Tanks.

    are you sure? i think ff is one shot kill on planes.

  • MammiBoo
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

    I am not defending bombers, I just hate invincible fighters farming the enemy planes because the other side does not have a fighter with 341342342 hours on it
    I would had preferred attack planes that used their guns to strafe the ground over carpet bombers that are either a free kill or boring as hell farming machines.But as luck had it, the direct fire cannons of the planes were nerfed to the ground...Stukas with cannons used to be much more fun...
    .I am surprised  by how much you read my posts above as a declaration that I apparently "love bombers and want to try to go 100-0 every match".Take a break, sip some tea and read again please..As I said above : One should never have to be really good at using scissors as the only
    way to beat scissors, there has to be a rock that is good enough for any
    scissors..Do you really feel betrayed that I declared that I do not want invincible fighters?

    That s a blatant lie with invincible fighters. Especially when it comes from a pilot like you. Doubles its value as a lie. Complaints were and thoroughly understandable about bombers especially Bt ones and about pacific planes which were again understandable to an extent but not by much considering pacific planes are not really fighters but ground planes. Now I understand your beloved bomber will reign fire again, but I suggest you to teach me what to do with my fighter, should i circle my base spawn hoping a half brain pilot of a bomber dares to enter my airspace and has not enough iq to flee back once is engaged by me or should I erase any idea of fighters in this game? Bear in mind I have lots of vehicles destroyed, and i can safely say 1/2 are bombers farming my team. So should I stay at a saa seeing you tanking aa shells like a boss or choose one of 2 variants above. I grabbed my popcorn in a hurry waitin for sum logic behind.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, noticed FF OHK yesterday too. First death i was like okay? And 2 deaths later confirmed it for me. 

    But...
    https://imgur.com/8IvyLoc

    I went 60:4 yesterday after update with active FFs and SAA. Now tell me whiny peeps that hate flyboys so much, what was the point of your buff? Oh also how did i do that? I didn't engage any enemy planes even when they were at our territory, why? Cause it will lead to baiting and why should i take that risk when again i will get shredded? And for the punishment, i will not engage planes, i will not help ground to destroy planes even when they ask for, since you have now good firepower to do it ur self, i even will not follow enemy plane after i break the loop, i will let him escape when he wants to. That's what you get. I'll just keep farming. :smile:

    HF
  • spychodelics
    403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    I looked into Fliegerfaust and one of the devs have confirmed that the following part of the patch notes:
    • Increased the damage of AA by 20% against fighters. Improved the velocity and accuracy of AA when shooting at targets at high altitudes. This should tip the balance in favor of the AA, which should present enough of a threat to planes to prevent planes from bombing them without mutually assured destruction. The larger size of the bombers makes them easier targets, and sustains more hits so they do not need the damage buff. The other aircraft are more maneuverable and will need to focus on avoiding AA rather than tanking the damage. This change does not substantially change the part of the map that AA can cover, only the effectiveness when defending against Planes at higher altitudes.
    also includes Fliegerfaust.

    So, Fliegerfaust buff confirmed.
    Thank you for adding this, i saw the second comment and had my concern it would end up in a "FF is not as strong as you guys saying" thread. 
    As for the AA the range is VERY far after latest patch. Killed in them like flies. Not only do the Damage got buffed, also the range, which means i get MORE shots with MORE damage. 

  • SirBobdk
    5293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 13
    Makes absolutely no sense nerfing the pacific planes to the ground and then buff the FF and AA. Amazing.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Makes absolut no sence nerfing the pacific planes to the ground and the buff the FF and AA. Amazing.
    Like I said before: the very few players that actually still play this game are infantry only "hardcore lite liking" players that dislike vehicles ... because they can't 1 frame them with their 3x scope laser accurate guns.

    The planes were weak from day one and only got weaker with each patch ... this game has nothing to do with BF anymore, it is just another CoD clone, only CoD does it a LOT better ... (and has mor fun vehicles)
    It is just waiting for a big nerf on tanks (or is that also in patch 6.6?)
  • SirBobdk
    5293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @NLBartmaN
    Agree. We are getting to that point where the only reason having vehicles in this game is to be able to call it Battlefield. Vehicle play went out with the garbage long time ago. 
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just simply stop supporting ground. They have tools now, we just keep flying on the edge of maps.
  • Innernettuffguy
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    SOMEMOSTER wrote: »
    Previous patch broke tank experience. Current one breaks air. You know what DICE will break in the final update. :)

    I would advise them to make the next game without vehicles. Most seem to want an infantry game and Dice have lost the knowledge how to make a combined warfar game

    I'm not "Most" and "we"are many. 
  • Innernettuffguy
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    The plane balance seems way better to me from some brief playing. Will need to test more ofc and some tweaks might be nice for the next patch.
    I believe Battlefield should be designed for players that play everything - planes, tanks, infantry, boats etc. so the vehicles should not be so overpowered that players can play in the same one the entire game. There should be no tank-only, or plane-only players as this skews and thus ruins the gameplay too much for the average player. To accomplish this, Battlefield has always used a rock-paper-scissor approach where everything has a counter (which can be countered using teamwork) and what I think this patch has done is bring back balance so something can now counter planes again.
    What we may have here is a situation where pilots who don't like dying will now die, perhaps if they now help the infantry take objectives they will now be able to get help back from the infantry to take out the AA - if nothing else the planes will help their tank teammates if they force the enemy to use Fliegerfausts instead of anti-tank materiel. IMO planes are meant to be short term fun things to make the Battlefield gameplay loop more varied, you are a soldier, then in a tank, then a sniper, then in a plane - you have to die for this varied gameplay loop to take place, even pilots.

    It should also be said that there's probably more AA in the air right now as everyone is testing it out.
    probably u did not fly a plane after the patch , what balance you are talking about ? AA shoot`s over 800 meters and do you know  the Numbers of AA in each map ?  one dedicated AA guy would keep all the planes on the ground after this patch add to that fliger and Mobile AA plus other planes , what balance are you  talking about, you want real balance players should learn how to fly and use the planes to kill a planes and all other tools you have added for infantry  should be a helping tool only that do minor part of the damage so thy can team up and use them  not a 1 hit fliger = a dead plane or an AA camper clear`s the sky ,  we want to have fun in the game, where is the team play your are talking about if one infantry can take down a plane easly , how about you add a 1 hit bazoka kills a tank too so your infantry only players have fun !!!!
    Carbonic said:
    The plane balance seems way better to me from some brief playing. Will need to test more ofc and some tweaks might be nice for the next patch.
    I believe Battlefield should be designed for players that play everything - planes, tanks, infantry, boats etc. so the vehicles should not be so overpowered that players can play in the same one the entire game. There should be no tank-only, or plane-only players as this skews and thus ruins the gameplay too much for the average player. To accomplish this, Battlefield has always used a rock-paper-scissor approach where everything has a counter (which can be countered using teamwork) and what I think this patch has done is bring back balance so something can now counter planes again.
    What we may have here is a situation where pilots who don't like dying will now die, perhaps if they now help the infantry take objectives they will now be able to get help back from the infantry to take out the AA - if nothing else the planes will help their tank teammates if they force the enemy to use Fliegerfausts instead of anti-tank materiel. IMO planes are meant to be short term fun things to make the Battlefield gameplay loop more varied, you are a soldier, then in a tank, then a sniper, then in a plane - you have to die for this varied gameplay loop to take place, even pilots.

    It should also be said that there's probably more AA in the air right now as everyone is testing it out.
    probably u did not fly a plane after the patch , what balance you are talking about ? AA shoot`s over 800 meters and do you know  the Numbers of AA in each map ?  one dedicated AA guy would keep all the planes on the ground after this patch add to that fliger and Mobile AA plus other planes , what balance are you  talking about, you want real balance players should learn how to fly and use the planes to kill a planes and all other tools you have added for infantry  should be a helping tool only that do minor part of the damage so thy can team up and use them  not a 1 hit fliger = a dead plane or an AA camper clear`s the sky ,  we want to have fun in the game, where is the team play your are talking about if one infantry can take down a plane easly , how about you add a 1 hit bazoka kills a tank too so your infantry only players have fun !!!! 

    The solution is to fly low and slow for ground targets. 
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Innernettuffguy
    Ur quotes are broken.

    You said low and slow sarcastically or?
  • Hawxxeye
    7554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 13
    MammiBoo said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

    I am not defending bombers, I just hate invincible fighters farming the enemy planes because the other side does not have a fighter with 341342342 hours on it
    I would had preferred attack planes that used their guns to strafe the ground over carpet bombers that are either a free kill or boring as hell farming machines.But as luck had it, the direct fire cannons of the planes were nerfed to the ground...Stukas with cannons used to be much more fun...
    .I am surprised  by how much you read my posts above as a declaration that I apparently "love bombers and want to try to go 100-0 every match".Take a break, sip some tea and read again please..As I said above : One should never have to be really good at using scissors as the only
    way to beat scissors, there has to be a rock that is good enough for any
    scissors..Do you really feel betrayed that I declared that I do not want invincible fighters?

    That s a blatant lie with invincible fighters. Especially when it comes from a pilot like you. Doubles its value as a lie. Complaints were and thoroughly understandable about bombers especially Bt ones and about pacific planes which were again understandable to an extent but not by much considering pacific planes are not really fighters but ground planes. Now I understand your beloved bomber will reign fire again, but I suggest you to teach me what to do with my fighter, should i circle my base spawn hoping a half brain pilot of a bomber dares to enter my airspace and has not enough iq to flee back once is engaged by me or should I erase any idea of fighters in this game? Bear in mind I have lots of vehicles destroyed, and i can safely say 1/2 are bombers farming my team. So should I stay at a saa seeing you tanking aa shells like a boss or choose one of 2 variants above. I grabbed my popcorn in a hurry waitin for sum logic behind.
    So your problem is that an AA can cover a way too big zone without a penalty to distance fire?
    Or that  the bomber can tank too many  AA shots? Cause I just went ingame and had a blast shooting down fat juicy bombers with the 40mm SAA. Later I saw a MAA valentine user camping at his spawn and destroying bombers halfway across the map. Do not worry! The bombers are thankfully dead meat to the current AA, hardly the tanking that they described on the notes.
    .
    You keep passing the ball at me but you do not tell us: What is the ideal balance for this situation for you? Perhaps I have misunderstood something critical here and I am being in the wrong.
  • TFBisquit
    2278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Seems to me pilots now need teamwork to take out the dangers that hunt them. Something like infantry needing teamwork to take down a plane.
    Haven't played it yet, but planes going 50:0 on a regular base is an unhealthy situation. For any online game.
  • SirBobdk
    5293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Seems to me pilots now need teamwork to take out the dangers that hunt them. Something like infantry needing teamwork to take down a plane.Haven't played it yet, but planes going 50:0 on a regular base is an unhealthy situation. For any online game.

    Why is id unhealthy. 99% of the base cant even get 10 kills or a positive kdr. And tanks are doing much better. The pilots we are seeing on PC doing this have thousind of hours flying in the BF serie. It not like any newbie can do it.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with planes is that there is a higher skill gap then tanks or infantry. A top pilot is very very difficult for an average pilot or infantryman to deal with, and can have a disproportionate effect on a round. But you should not balance anything with the top 5% in mind, as this will bodge things up for the majority of players
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, noticed FF OHK yesterday too. First death i was like okay? And 2 deaths later confirmed it for me. 

    But...
    https://imgur.com/8IvyLoc

    I went 60:4 yesterday after update with active FFs and SAA. Now tell me whiny peeps that hate flyboys so much, what was the point of your buff? Oh also how did i do that? I didn't engage any enemy planes even when they were at our territory, why? Cause it will lead to baiting and why should i take that risk when again i will get shredded? And for the punishment, i will not engage planes, i will not help ground to destroy planes even when they ask for, since you have now good firepower to do it ur self, i even will not follow enemy plane after i break the loop, i will let him escape when he wants to. That's what you get. I'll just keep farming. :smile:

    HF
    This is the most ridiculous and immature post I've seen here in a quite some time. The ultimate "REEEEEEEE" post. Holy cow!
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 13
    TFBisquit said:
    Seems to me pilots now need teamwork to take out the dangers that hunt them. Something like infantry needing teamwork to take down a plane.
    Haven't played it yet, but planes going 50:0 on a regular base is an unhealthy situation. For any online game.
    Teamwork? What teamwork can you have when ground has now in every corner of map OHK FF and + need to deal with enemy planes? Oh yeah, 800m SAA and MAA. Imo they killed teamwork with that buff. Literally having FF swarms again, try to adapt that. :smiley: God sakes, it's like school, more effort you put, higher prize you get. Now my prize got cut, by one fricking broken ww2 weapon and hundreds of hours flew out of window, cause unplayable. First you enter battleground and there's MAA or SAA spamming already at 800m distance. Meh, like i said, its a call to stay away from battle.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 13
    Yeah, noticed FF OHK yesterday too. First death i was like okay? And 2 deaths later confirmed it for me. 

    But...
    https://imgur.com/8IvyLoc

    I went 60:4 yesterday after update with active FFs and SAA. Now tell me whiny peeps that hate flyboys so much, what was the point of your buff? Oh also how did i do that? I didn't engage any enemy planes even when they were at our territory, why? Cause it will lead to baiting and why should i take that risk when again i will get shredded? And for the punishment, i will not engage planes, i will not help ground to destroy planes even when they ask for, since you have now good firepower to do it ur self, i even will not follow enemy plane after i break the loop, i will let him escape when he wants to. That's what you get. I'll just keep farming. :smile:

    HF
    Congrats, so you're essentially useless.
    Yeah, i only proved that buff does not stop 100:0 and yes i will be useless, that's what you wanted, buff AA to push planes out.
Sign In or Register to comment.