The New Patch Destroyed Air Game play

Comments

• Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yer, 1HK for a set distance not for it's whole distance of 600m nor can blind fire and bring a plane crashing to the ground. You call that nonsense.

No nonsense is a fighter can 1HK on a tank in a game.

The only fighter who is capable of that is the P51D to the Puma. Otherwise no fighter can kill a full health tank in one gunrun.

Wrong, the Stuka can be classed as a fighter and I am sure I can find others claiming fighters 1HK tanks still with rockets by pilots.

If you can 1HK a Puma you can do the same to other tanks too.
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    I played last night for the first time since the patch, and noticed the planes are much deadlier with bombs...A Stuka took me out in a Sherman tank very quickly!  I might not have been 100% but was at least 80% I think.

Stuka B1 1000 bomb can destroy any tank at full health.

A Stuka is a ground-attack plane with the focus of sharp angle dive bombing. It's not suited for dogfights at all. In fact, being a Stuka pilot was a suicide mission, if you didn't have air superiotiy. That's why Stukas were only successful in the first half of the war.

You better learn actual roles of planes first before talking about things you have no idea about.
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 7
    @DingoKillr: Every plane has the same HP what defines its durability are the skills... every plane has the skill to reduce AA damage by 15% and every plane has exact the same values for all kinds of repairs... what is bollocks IMHO but well. Ifve seen fighter eating up to 130-140 damage ifve seen bombers eating 140 damage... the biggest bonus to durability is the quick repair option and with 15% dmg reduction a plane can rack up to 161 effective HP against AA... if this loadup would be "usefull" is another question... but a plane could this way tank damage for minimum 6 seconds (12 shots) against a bofors and well "more" if using the german flak38 SAA or flak43 MAA
    You a missing information. The ingame display is 100 = 100% health, that is not actual health.

If I remember correctly.
    infantry have 100
    fighters have 750
    bombers have 1000
    tanks have 1500
    Each has different modifier(vehicle type) to make ingame damage fit better. Each weapon does the same damage against each target it is the modifier that change that. Techincal a pistol does the same damage against a tank as infantry. 

So a FF does not do 750 damage it would be damage * vehicle modifier that would actual equal to over 750 (100%) health. While against a tank it's damage * 0 = 0 

It was a change to the vehicle modifier that increased FF and AA not a increase to their damage. 
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    397 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But isnt the "Amount of Damage" shown when hitting something already including the modifiers? I mean the german AA does 6 or 7 dmg per hit so isnt it already modified? Go to the 2nd page and open the "some values about the AA range" thread made by terminator... and then watch Man_ILoveFishing video... he is flying a german plane is clearly attacked by the BOFORS AA from brit spawn... first hit does 15 dmg second hit does 11 dmg... the first hit with 15 is odd as the damage infflicted to planes with BOFORS is never higher than 14 but i guess this must be due to some small numbers behind the comma... i see on video exactly what ive described... ok, maybe the 15% dmg resistance skill might mess up some things but it shouldnt be much to worry

BTW why give them all different values (100/750/1000/1500) if, in the end the multiplied modifier does all the work? Is this some kind of deception...

• DerDoktorMabuse
    397 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 7
    Prove me wrong by posting a video flying a bomber... if the bomber takes between 10HP and 12HP damage per hit (from BOFORS) and thus would go down when reatching 0% health than iam 100% right if the bomber takes less damage than that than iam 100% wrong...
  • Hawxxeye
    7779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I do not know about the real life but in both its heavier armor and more slugish maneuverability, the stukka in BFV is most definitely a bomber class plane like the mosquitto. Anyone who tries to dogfight with a B1 will regret it.

They are both fighter-bombers - DICE term. They also have the same health as a fighter.

Not being as good in a dogfight was meant to be a balance against AA fighters. This is to prevent the BF1 Attack plane which was good at dogfighting and AG role.
    I loved those BF1 attack planes :(
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't know why anyone thinks this patch has done any thing good for the game.
    • Only a few planes can be used and only those with rockets + Stuka
    • Dogfights are no longer possible due to range of AA, which is just weird in a BF game.
    • All pilots now go for ground and not other planes
    • Still easy to get high scores with rockets, just dead boring.
    It would have been so much better if they had just increased the damage of AA/MAA within its limited range and then tweaked the planes so they couldn't kill from long range and made the rockets anti tank only. Bombs, firebombs, MG, Canons, 20mm, 3th bomb sight have allready been nerfed so much that they are almost useless. All there is left is rockets. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 8
    SirBobdk said:
    All pilots now go for ground and not other planes
    I would like to disagree on that based on personal experience. If I get into anything that is not a pure fighter, then there will definitely be another plane on my tail sooner or later.
    Especially those G6 cheesers with their 4 HMGs and AA rockets
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    SirBobdk said:
    I would like to disagree on that based on personal experience. If I get into anything that is not a pure fighter, then there will definitely be another plane on my tail sooner or later.
    Happens if there is no MAA and that is my point. Dogfights do happen if the MAA allows it. 
  • Hawxxeye
    edited July 8
    SirBobdk said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    SirBobdk said:
    Happens if there is no MAA and that is my point. Dogfights do happen if the MAA allows it. 
    I seem to have the bad luck of usually being in the teams that do not care for me or that our MAA is trying to kill some infantry or to scratch the pain job of a tank...
  • SirBobdk
    Hawxxeye said:
    SirBobdk said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    SirBobdk said:
    I seem to have the bad luck of usually being in the teams that do not care for me or that our MAA is trying to kill some infantry or to scratch the pain job of a tank...
    Agree. On Tweasted Steel and Panzerstorm the Me109 can spawn camp and destoy any allied planes. But with just one skilled MAA you can farm infantry with rockets without any danger from planes or AA/MAA.  If theres MAA on both sides it just turns in to spamming rockets at infantry/Tanks and getting lot of easy kills. And that is what I dont like about this patch.
  • Hawxxeye
    SirBobdk said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    SirBobdk said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    SirBobdk said:
    Agree. On Tweasted Steel and Panzerstorm the Me109 can spawn camp and destoy any allied planes. But with just one skilled MAA you can farm infantry with rockets without any danger from planes or AA/MAA.  If theres MAA on both sides it just turns in to spamming rockets at infantry/Tanks and getting lot of easy kills. And that is what I dont like about this patch.
    While I have also used rockets with the planes. Those who really hardcore about this are those who seem to have memorized the drop of the rockets to the point that they instantly know how much to lead their shots and have already made a U turn after firing the rockets before the rockets have even made an impact on the target. It looks such a soulless way to play the game. I wonder if they even have fun.
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

If the MK 108 wouldn't be so terrible against everything, especially planes (which it was designed for), there would be a great alternative. 🦆
  • GrizzGolf
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I still dont think AA does that great with planes 
  • Hawxxeye
    edited July 8
    (Quote)

If the MK 108 wouldn't be so terrible against everything, especially planes (which it was designed for), there would be a great alternative. 🦆
    It makes you wonder if that cannon was ever playtested.
    They probably decided the damage based on some spreadsheet than actual gameplay
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    From the lots of posts you mentioned, >80% are made by you, repeating the "Fliegerfaust commonly makes OHK" lie again and again.

Thank god it seems that EA/Dice did not fall for your desinformation campaign:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PilotsofBattlefield/comments/hiy60m/partwelsh_confirms_that_aa_is_pretty_much_staying/

The fliger is a 100% one hit kill to a fighter and that is a fact

It's an alternative fact, made up by you. Everybody who's actually used the FF knows you often hit planes only to watch them fly away happily afterwards.
    Dont You feel ashamed lying about a fact that any one can see on video`s or by trying it in the game who do you think you are fooling ? 
  • Celsi_GER
    895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 8
    (Quote)
    Dont You feel ashamed lying about a fact that any one can see on video`s or by trying it in the game who do you think you are fooling ? 

LOL...
    The person who created the "Fliegerfaust commonly one-hit-kills planes" fairy tale accuses the ones revealing his desinformation campaign as liars.. . That’s beyond ridiculous.
    Again: Your staged videos proof jack! They are a cut-together series of exceptional and/or lucky shot situations.
    Everyone playing the real game, pilot or infantry, knows that it is far from common to gain a OHK with Fliegerfaust on a 100% health plane.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    (Quote)
    you should be lucky and happy at the same time if thy give an infantry a tool like fliger that do max 45% damage to a plane. 

I'm pretty sure you are just trolling us at this point.

No troll here, it's the game ttk and ttd meta says that not me , let me see what do infantry needs to kill a tank from a long distance ? A projectile .. how many hits dos he need ? Do you see a one hit kill ? Big fat No , so why dos the same infantry can one hit kill a plane.

This was answered before: tanks are heavily armoured by nature, planes are light, fragile and vulnerable by nature.

so thy are fragile and any gun can damage them add to that AA and planes so get the infantry should not do a one hit kill .. thank you.
    If flieger shouldn't OS planes, planes shouldn't OS infantry either
    ya and tank to and guns to lets make it a knife game
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    InS_Hypno said:
    (Quote)
    you should be lucky and happy at the same time if thy give an infantry a tool like fliger that do max 45% damage to a plane. 

No troll here, it's the game ttk and ttd meta says that not me , let me see what do infantry needs to kill a tank from a long distance ? A projectile .. how many hits dos he need ? Do you see a one hit kill ? Big fat No , so why dos the same infantry can one hit kill a plane.

This was answered before: tanks are heavily armoured by nature, planes are light, fragile and vulnerable by nature.

so thy are fragile and any gun can damage them add to that AA and planes so get the infantry should not do a one hit kill .. thank you.
    ya ya and tanks shouldn`t and guns also lets make it a knife only game , you got any bright idea like that ? you are enriching the discussion .
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    InS_Hypno said:
    (Quote)

sure and tanks too and guns lets make it a knife only game for the sake of the infantry , you have more bright idea`s ? enrich us please.
  • SirBobdk
    Celsi_GER said:
    (Quote)

Everyone playing the real game, pilot or infantry, knows that it is far from common to gain a OHK with Fliegerfaust on a 100% health plane.
    But when it happens its always the fighter that gets OHK. I have OHK around 95 fighters since patch but no bombers.
    But I have also fired FF 100 times more that only damaged the plane.
    The change of the FF seem to be directed at Pacific maps that only have fighters and where the problem has been worse than on Vanilla maps.
    The question is not how many times it happens imo, but if it should be possible at all.
    Imo FF should no OHK fighters.