The New Patch Destroyed Air Game play

Comments

• Terminator000001
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Finally got my video ready. Higher resolutions will be available soon. 🎥🦆

So far as I can tell, the german Flak 38 got a massive buff against every plane. It got buffed in everything I critizised before, except the shots until overheat, but that doesn't matter anymore. As you can see, fighters, attack planes and bombers are easy targets if you can aim with an AA.

Quick Note: I have totally potato aim. You'll see this later in the video how bad my aim is. 🦆

The Bofors didn't change so much from my perspective. But it wasn't bad before.

The pacific mAA definitely benefit from the higher damage. But they're still bad at range, as you can see. I couldn’t catch much footage for that, so excuse me for that. 🦆

From the clips on Iwo Jima, I was absolutely dominating the planes. I got almost 20 kills and just 2 of them were made with my FG-42. I could've definitely do more kills, if the pilots I killed wouldn't have been that salty and try to kill me hundreds of meters away with their sniper rifles, where I was exposed to them. Especially at the 3rd and the second last sector. 🦆
  • SirBobdk
    5294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem with planes is that there is a higher skill gap then tanks or infantry. A top pilot is very very difficult for an average pilot or infantryman to deal with, and can have a disproportionate effect on a round. But you should not balance anything with the top 5% in mind, as this will bodge things up for the majority of players
    Spot on. Everyone only sees the few pilots who are "pro", but not the majority who get shot down very quickly.
    And with the small base, you often meet the good ones.
    This does not mean that "pro pilots" should be invulnerable, but it requires much more team work.
    And planes have very little effect on the outcome of the battle. The biggest effect is in people's head.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 13
    Yeah, noticed FF OHK yesterday too. First death i was like okay? And 2 deaths later confirmed it for me. 

But...
    https://imgur.com/8IvyLoc

I went 60:4 yesterday after update with active FFs and SAA. Now tell me whiny peeps that hate flyboys so much, what was the point of your buff? Oh also how did i do that? I didn't engage any enemy planes even when they were at our territory, why? Cause it will lead to baiting and why should i take that risk when again i will get shredded? And for the punishment, i will not engage planes, i will not help ground to destroy planes even when they ask for, since you have now good firepower to do it ur self, i even will not follow enemy plane after i break the loop, i will let him escape when he wants to. That's what you get. I'll just keep farming. :smile:

HF
    Congrats, so you're essentially useless.
    Yeah, i only proved that buff does not stop 100:0 and yes i will be useless, that's what you wanted, buff AA to push planes out.
    But you didn't get 100-0 so you proved nothing.  You can play you little plane battle circle jerk at the edge of the map all day long, it's not influencing the actual fight on the ground. 
    I don't need to prove anything to you, matter a fact you are just a hungry troll that seeks attention by judging my unseen game play. Now, you say 0 influence? Sure, lets go to pacifics when Japanese farm, what do you see usually in chat? Yes exactly, help, op planes, air support. You only see pilot as farmer, that's just what you want to see, ofc i go for ground when i got nothing to do, but most times i try to take planes out, try to help ground as much i can, try to support team. Tried*. Now, go find another person to judge over.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, noticed FF OHK yesterday too. First death i was like okay? And 2 deaths later confirmed it for me. 

But...

I went 60:4 yesterday after update with active FFs and SAA. Now tell me whiny peeps that hate flyboys so much, what was the point of your buff? Oh also how did i do that? I didn't engage any enemy planes even when they were at our territory, why? Cause it will lead to baiting and why should i take that risk when again i will get shredded? And for the punishment, i will not engage planes, i will not help ground to destroy planes even when they ask for, since you have now good firepower to do it ur self, i even will not follow enemy plane after i break the loop, i will let him escape when he wants to. That's what you get. I'll just keep farming. :smile:

HF
    Yeah, i only proved that buff does not stop 100:0 and yes i will be useless, that's what you wanted, buff AA to push planes out.
    But you didn't get 100-0 so you proved nothing.  You can play you little plane battle circle jerk at the edge of the map all day long, it's not influencing the actual fight on the ground. 
    I don't need to prove anything to you, matter a fact you are just a hungry troll that seeks attention by judging my unseen game play. Now, you say 0 influence? Sure, lets go to pacifics when ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ farm, what do you see usually in chat? Yes exactly, help, op planes, air support. You only see pilot as farmer, that's just what you want to see, ofc i go for ground when i got nothing to do, but most times i try to take planes out, try to help ground as much i can, try to support team. Tried*. Now, go find another person to judge over.
    You're the one putting up little scores of your unseen game-play so i will judge based on that.  And you already made it clear in your other gibberish laden rant that you would be happy staying at the map edges to take on other planes so have at it, son. 
    Yes, i will be happy now. I'm gonna be revealed knowing that ground doesn't need help from pilots since they got tools. Gibberish laden rant. I only posted score to proove that farming is not stopped, planes still can go high score, the whole AA buff, specially FF buff was unnecessary, you coming here to bash "Love the smell of burning planes in the morning." Pure hater?
  • Terminator000001
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you have any questions, feel free to ask. 🦆
  • Terminator000001
    (Quote)
    Love the smell of burning planes in the morning.  ;)

I'm a pilot by myself and I look at this buffs with worries. You won't solve the farming problem by straight buffing AA. You only make the experience worse for people who aren't good with planes but want to be better or even start using them.

Good pilots will still be good. They just adapt to the situation.
  • Player_rs688is9
    92 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Planes was never good in bfv. Planes in bf should be about dogfights and not infantryfarming.
  • Carbonic
    1889 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Planes was never good in bfv. Planes in bf should be about dogfights and not infantryfarming.
    I would say planes should be about helping the soldiers on the ground play the objective while preventing enemy planes in doing the same.
  • AngrySquid270
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

But...

HF

So you went 60-4 as a pilot after the AA buff and you are arguing that ground forces have "good enough firepower"? Even going so far as to advocate an air truce?

If you're still going 60-4 I'd think that'd be evidence that ground forces do NOT have enough firepower to deal with planes.

Which is it?

1) Planes can still farm
    or
    2) Infantry now has enough firepower to stop farming

• SirBobdk
    5294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

But...

HF

So you went 60-4 as a pilot after the AA buff and you are arguing that ground forces have "good enough firepower"? Even going so far as to advocate an air truce?

If you're still going 60-4 I'd think that'd be evidence that ground forces do NOT have enough firepower to deal with planes.

Which is it?

1) Planes can still farm
    or

Planes cant farm. Only a few good pilots can and infantry have enough firepower to stop 99% of the player base who try to fly. The last 1% of the base takes a little more to deal with because they are good at what they are doing.
  • Terminator000001
    Carbonic wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I would say planes should be about helping the soldiers on the ground play the objective while preventing enemy planes in doing the same.

There can be in theory the best balance in the world in the game. But it doesn't matter if the people don't use it as intended. Like using the pacific mAA against infantry, which led to a velocity nerf and made them useless against the intended target and using it against infantry more than never before.

The damage buff on planes won't help here now neither.
  • cashm0n3y08
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    The problem with planes is that there is a higher skill gap then tanks or infantry. A top pilot is very very difficult for an average pilot or infantryman to deal with, and can have a disproportionate effect on a round. But you should not balance anything with the top 5% in mind, as this will bodge things up for the majority of players
    Spot on. Everyone only sees the few pilots who are "pro", but not the majority who get shot down very quickly.
    And with the small base, you often meet the good ones.
    This does not mean that "pro pilots" should be invulnerable, but it requires much more team work.
    And planes have very little effect on the outcome of the battle. The biggest effect is in people's head.
    Both are great points. The people who cry for plane nerfs think pilot is the strongest class in the game, when in reality, according to BFV Tracker, in terms of SPM and KPM it is by far the weakest class. The average pilot gets about 1 kill every 4 to 5 minutes and a 190 SPM will put you around the 50 percentile of all pilots. Those are terrible numbers in comparison to other classes. I average a little over 405 SPM and around 1.08 KPM in a plane which puts me in the top 4% of all pilots, so when I go on a 30 kill streak, infantry players think that its really easy to do, and come on here venting their frustrations about "OP Planes." I don't know that the skill gap is much greater in a plane though, but rather its exaggerated by the limited number of planes. An Ace pilot will kill a novice most of the time, because the engagements are more often 1v1, in comparison to infantry where there's dozens of other players to worry about. If infantry was set up like aerial combat, where you have about max 4 to 6 players going at it, then you would see the same result where skilled players dominate disproportionately. 

So in short, a lot of people don't hate planes, they just hate good players, because the overwhelming majority of pilots you see in the game couldn't even sniff a 30 killstreak. 
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

But...

HF
    I don't need to prove anything to you, matter a fact you are just a hungry troll that seeks attention by judging my unseen game play. Now, you say 0 influence? Sure, lets go to pacifics when ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ farm, what do you see usually in chat? Yes exactly, help, op planes, air support. You only see pilot as farmer, that's just what you want to see, ofc i go for ground when i got nothing to do, but most times i try to take planes out, try to help ground as much i can, try to support team. Tried*. Now, go find another person to judge over.
    You're the one putting up little scores of your unseen game-play so i will judge based on that.  And you already made it clear in your other gibberish laden rant that you would be happy staying at the map edges to take on other planes so have at it, son. 
    Yes, i will be happy now. I'm gonna be revealed knowing that ground doesn't need help from pilots since they got tools. Gibberish laden rant. I only posted score to proove that farming is not stopped, planes still can go high score, the whole AA buff, specially FF buff was unnecessary, you coming here to bash "Love the smell of burning planes in the morning." Pure hater?
    Yeah, most players anymore are purely haters, I'd hazard a guess of around 99% of the playerbase having never even touched AA or a plane.

They can buff AA all they want and it won't make any real difference, pilots will adapt, and the massive majority that never touches AA will still never touch AA.  Heck, FF is more powerful than it's ever been, but there hasn't been any increase in users that I've seen.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    edited May 13

But...

HF

Which is it?

1) Planes can still farm
    or

Yes i can, but understand this. To me its not important kdr or w.e. To me is intense i.e dogfight (plane vs plane) if you know what i mean, but it's hard to do something when AA distance and power is buffed, see the picture now? What is left over now to farm. I mean, farming is a bit more fun than circling 15mins in safe zone and crossing fingers that someone flies to my territory so i can fight. Neither i don't mind when third party joins, but that power is too much. This only pushes planes away. That you can't reach me has nothing to do with firepower cause you can't come to my main base.

EDIT: So far my smallest concern is buffed SAA or MAA power, but OHK FF and buffed AA overall distance are no go. There is no reason to hold 100% hp on planes.
  • NuttysKunKs
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FF isn't even close to one shot.

- 91 damage on a full barrage

- Not even close to one shot

🦆

Not anymore. 1 direct hit does 56 damage now. So 2 direct hits kills the plane.

Been using the FF for a while and it’s definitely stronger now. Whether it’s a cause of more damage or more hits registering I don’t know.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To wrap things a Quick Hot Fix must be deployed to revert all the values to 6.2 patch For
    Flares ( the only way pilots can see Targets on the ground was flares  keep in mind not all planes have them and it was a team work game play to have one pilot flare for the team ) the flare now are useless .
    Fliger 
    AA
    Maa
    the game at the end of the support cycle and it`s not a good time to do more damage to what have been done to Battlefield .