The New Patch Destroyed Air Game play

Comments

• SyphiliticDonkey
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The nerf to fighters is real, while before just having a 2:1 ratio (whether another fighter, AA support, infantry Fliegerfaust) tipped the balance of the fight, and a single smart stationary AA was enough to defend a zone of the map now they are overkill. If you start getting shot by one it is now very likely the fighter will get shot down. I'm for balancing the game but this is just ridiculous, it didn't take much to down fighters before and now they might as well just take them out of the game entirely.
  • Hawxxeye
    7570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 13
    Yeah, noticed FF OHK yesterday too. First death i was like okay? And 2 deaths later confirmed it for me. 

But...
    https://imgur.com/8IvyLoc

I went 60:4 yesterday after update with active FFs and SAA. Now tell me whiny peeps that hate flyboys so much, what was the point of your buff? Oh also how did i do that? I didn't engage any enemy planes even when they were at our territory, why? Cause it will lead to baiting and why should i take that risk when again i will get shredded? And for the punishment, i will not engage planes, i will not help ground to destroy planes even when they ask for, since you have now good firepower to do it ur self, i even will not follow enemy plane after i break the loop, i will let him escape when he wants to. That's what you get. I'll just keep farming. :smile:

HF

So you went 60-4 as a pilot after the AA buff and you are arguing that ground forces have "good enough firepower"? Even going so far as to advocate an air truce?

If you're still going 60-4 I'd think that'd be evidence that ground forces do NOT have enough firepower to deal with planes.

Which is it?

1) Planes can still farm
    or
    2) Infantry now has enough firepower to stop farming

Yes i can, but understand this. To me its not important kdr or w.e. To me is intense i.e dogfight (plane vs plane) if you know what i mean, but it's hard to do something when AA distance and power is buffed, see the picture now? What is left over now to farm. I mean, farming is a bit more fun than circling 15mins in safe zone and crossing fingers that someone flies to my territory so i can fight. Neither i don't mind when third party joins, but that power is too much. This only pushes planes away. That you can't reach me has nothing to do with firepower cause you can't come to my main base.

EDIT: So far my smallest concern is buffed SAA or MAA power, but OHK FF and buffed AA overall distance are no go. There is no reason to hold 100% hp on planes.
    I think I understand what you are trying to say.
    An AA on the other edge of the map interfering with a nice dogfight you have with someone on the other side is definitely a wet blanket.
    I was always wondering why cant the AA weapons scale  their damage based on how far the projectile has traveled, from devastating up close to a very small fraction past the middle of an Arras sized map.
  • cashm0n3y08
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The nerf to fighters is real, while before just having a 2:1 ratio (whether another fighter, AA support, infantry Fliegerfaust) tipped the balance of the fight, and a single smart stationary AA was enough to defend a zone of the map now they are overkill. If you start getting shot by one it is now very likely the fighter will get shot down. I'm for balancing the game but this is just ridiculous, it didn't take much to down fighters before and now they might as well just take them out of the game entirely.
    That's because the incompetent employees developing the game don't actually test the gameplay let alone even play the actual game they develop. It's the same reason why we have a "WW2" shooter that feels nothing like WW2, because the people that made this game likely have ZERO interest in the historical period. As for the planes, DICE doesn't fly them, they don't use the AA, they have no idea how or why things are OP, they are clueless about balance, that's why the nerf/buff pendulum has been so drastic with this title. Things get nerfed wayyyyy too far in one direction, and then the next patch buffs that same thing wayyyyy too far in the other direction. Support for this game has been a disaster. I feel bad for new players who are just now trying to learn how to fly, us ace pilots will still tear things up.  
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Innernettuffguy Ur quotes are broken...

But yes low on small maps that has small mountains or uneven ground. But low and slow? Was it sarcastically or?

• CHAMMOND1992
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lol damn FF got buffed too? Awesome.
  • VOLBANKER
    1712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No, you don’t “hate” vehicles in Battlefield just because you argue that AA vs. planes has been an unfair fight.

Quit making these ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ strawman arguments, please.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    4 things from me:

1. Planes should not be able to ohk any tank at any point
    2. Planes should fear any AA and avoid locations guarded by it
    3. Planes should not be ohk by FF at any range
    4. Plane flares were fine and didn't need the nerf

These seem obvious to me. Majority of people are overreacting once again but you can't extect less from this community which can only operate in extremes.
  • Noodlesocks
    3609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    I looked into Fliegerfaust and one of the devs have confirmed that the following part of the patch notes:
    • Increased the damage of AA by 20% against fighters. Improved the velocity and accuracy of AA when shooting at targets at high altitudes. This should tip the balance in favor of the AA, which should present enough of a threat to planes to prevent planes from bombing them without mutually assured destruction. The larger size of the bombers makes them easier targets, and sustains more hits so they do not need the damage buff. The other aircraft are more maneuverable and will need to focus on avoiding AA rather than tanking the damage. This change does not substantially change the part of the map that AA can cover, only the effectiveness when defending against Planes at higher altitudes.
    also includes Fliegerfaust.

So, Fliegerfaust buff confirmed.

Was it intentional? Fliegerfaust was just fine before.
  • cashm0n3y08
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    But you didn't get 100-0 so you proved nothing.  You can play you little plane battle circle jerk at the edge of the map all day long, it's not influencing the actual fight on the ground. 

Quite the constructive comment. You're probably one of those people that send me fan mail in my inbox after a good round in the AA.
  • bigfootl
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just tried out the pacific planes. I must say it's horrendous to buff the AA and FF, I have yet to get shot by the LTV AA loadout tho.

Buffing the MAA range and damage is idiotic.

Previously, to takeout planes, all the opp team need to do is team up with someone and man the MAA + using the FF, that will do the trick. Right now, it's a one man show to takeout planes. Since when should dumb fire weapons be so long range and high damage? Aren't all BF series all about teamwork?

Obviously, those players whom complained about planes are the ones that do not fly planes on the regular basis or never fly at all. Do those players have any idea that it needs an excellent SA to be able to fly well and stay alive?

If Dev insist on maintaining the buffs, I suggest that those weapons should have a reload function (say around 10 rounds per clip and 5 secs to reload) on the MAA and longer reload on the FF.

PS: I have a few thousands kills on all planes combined + many hours gameplay.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To wrap things a Quick Hot Fix must be deployed to revert all the values to 6.2 patch For
    Flares ( the only way pilots can see Targets on the ground was flares  keep in mind not all planes have them and it was a team work game play to have one pilot flare for the team ) the flare now are useless .
    Fliger 
    AA
    Maa
    the game at the end of the support cycle and it`s not a good time to do more damage to what have been done to Battlefield .

You must be a dreamer or something. You will not get any Hot Fix. We had play with broken Spitfire VB for over 2 months. This plane was ruining the game. Made unbalanced games (Thx Dice..) even more unbalanced.

Did someone in DICE test it? or it was intentional :D I'm pretty sure that, they didn’t test it at all.  It's unacceptable to make so huge (game breaking) mistakes in AAA game.

i am not a dreamer but i know that thy could do that easily i believe in Dice and what thy are capable of as an example the pacific storm and how thy brought back a real battlefield game to life.
  • AngrySquid270
    134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    4 things from me:

These seem obvious to me. Majority of people are overreacting once again but you can't extect less from this community which can only operate in extremes.
    I generally agree with all of this.  OHK's just make for frustrating gameplay. 

The low earth orbit flares were a problem. I don't quite love DICE's solution though.   I would have preferred that they left the spotting radius as it was and instead made the flares a bit more visible/vulenerable.

• Callisto90
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Plane balance seemed fair in all honesty since the last patch.
    Planes did their job, AA and Fliegers did theirs.

I literally had no issue killing planes with the flieger doing 92 damage. You literally shoot one as it does a pass and reload and shoot again. And that's just 1 person using it imagine if people worked together.
    The AA was used as a deterant as much as a means to kill. All it took was the AA and another plane or a flieger shot to kill a plane. I don't see where the problem is?

The AA already took you down to 10-15% health before a 5 second cool down and you had to dive and get away. The AA literally didn't need a buff. It's like BF3 all over again, sooks wanting to camp in 1 AA the whole game. And it's always their uncap. Now the AA does more damage and can reach further same cool down time. So it's now going to be targeting planes from their Uncap. Great idea.

The only 2 issues with planes is the bombs 1 hitting tanks from a fighter and the flares spotting people on the whole map and not being able to shoot them down.

• VOLBANKER
    1712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FF is so much fun to use now, I love it :smiley:
  • Pimp_SWE
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dont like it and the new squad spawn at all
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    On paper all the changes look amazing to me.
    First of all the AA buff vs fighters returns us to the Fighter > bomber > AA >fighter balance. Ace-ish fighter pilots that cannot be touched from the ground have always been an issue in the BF games I played. (the situation described by Olavafar above is not an issue since they still won the round)
    The "satellite flares" issue gets fixed so the flares have to be used at an altitude where the enemies can see them and counter them.
    Several bugs finally get addressed including the godmode UK rockets.
    Sadly I do not see any mention of the bofors AA being available to the Germans as well

A bit late on this one and pardon for not quoting also my text. The thing that did not come out very clearly in my post is that it is actually an issue in that situation. Yes, we won the round but that was not the point, nor really that the bomber went 50+ either (I realize I should not have mentioned that). The point is that the bombers + SAAs contributes to locking down a stalled round. I'm not sure the other team would be able to break out or not but in any case our bombers made it almost impossible for them and they had nothing that could threat the bombers. I like to win but I prefer to do it in a somewhat balanced round where some bad luck on how squads choose to run at the start should not decide the whole round.

Rock-paper-scissors works well but here the scissors (fighters) always only make it half way through the paper (bomber) before they get destroyed by the rock (SAA). Mostly they can't even get close enough to cut at all. I shall admit I'm very biased here though because I almost only fly fighters and primary for taking out enemy planes. If I fly a bomber it is mostly for a single bomb run to take out a specific tank.

It is not for BFV but I like the model where the spawn SAA cannot really be killed from air but also does not do very much damage to planes. Thus one can guard the airspace over spawn but wont quickly kill anything that get close to it (for example when pursuing an enemy). Like it worked in BF3 on some maps if I remember correctly.
  • MammiBoo
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    4 things from me:

Fair points aside 2. Pilots here are not overreacting. In case of me I am a top 0 fighter pilot, on PS4 I bought the game 1year after release, 2/3 of my vehicle destroys are enemy planes, and I dogfighted arguably the best pilots in BF1 and BFV aka NorwegianDude and some ksa pilots. Equally going against them. I played beta in couple of hours I maxed out all fighters I could dogfight 2 fighters at a time and win. After beta I waited one year to buy the game. Still after those pos patches I can dogfight and win fight with 2 planes sixing me. Most of the time. From time to time I encounter 400 level pilots and we have a hell of a ride. Sadly now and then. Everytime when I have a decent dogfight there's always one SAA or FF to destroy the feeling you have done something that required skill. As bad the flight mechanics are.
    And everytime when I am in the skies my team will benefit because I am skilled enough to clear skies for my team. And even so, my W/L ratio is absymal because randoms are many times randumbs. The best example is my experience with bugged VB on Panzerstorm going 39 k/d and 32 VEHICLE DESTROYED in one regular CQ round and MY TEAM LOST. Lol. So my effort, even tho VB is my preffered fighter in the game, was in vain, didnt count at all. Of course I was ashamed about using VB and didnt touch it more. My best plane is G2 but even so I go 15-20 vehicle destroys per game. This means a lot.And still the message your team lost appears.
    Now DICE increased the no skill AA by nearly 25% power. Basically DICE proposals are as re tarded as visualising this:
    1.We have a big circle that has all flags all weapons and such.
    2.We have a really tiny circle that is aside the big circle, that tiny circle is about fighters, rendering their usefulness aside the big circle. That tiny circle is over their own base spawn.
    3.But from that tiny circle we have bombers, that can escape safely go, to big circle, bomb everything return to the safety of their basespawn rearm and farm again.
    4.If fighter does its job goes outside his tiny circle, which is of course miles away from contested flags, what is the point of the fighters, to play their own minigame, or to brag about awesome TEAMWORK THAT DICE lies to us?
    5.Buffing damage of NO SKILL AA, HAD TO BE FOLLOWED BY DECREASING THEIR EFFECTIVE RANGE. I will give an example base spawn Narvik german flak covers E/F and C flag. Is this pile of sh for real? Yes of course it is real it is in the game.
    6.Any unskilled NEWB can use AAS. Not only a possibility it is always happening in games. There are no empty seats on AA,s. Plus any assault can carry FF that now OHK s planes. Plus MAA. Ok some will say, if they go AA then tanks will reign fire. Nope because Assault can carry a lethal charge for tanks as well. And as I gave my example for Panzerstorm above, destroying the whole team from above, meant nothing we still lost.
    So DICE followed a dumb logic, let's cater towards unskilled, and let those skilled enough(a pilot requires hundreds of hours to gitgud) to play those minigames aside the big game. In other words DICE created a kind of air superiority game over your base spawn in regular games.

A huge POS dice trademark.