Weapon progress from standard edition doesn't carry over to premium?

DC_E63
11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I bought the standard edition 2 years ago.  I downloaded the premium pass today because I was sick of the same maps and was looking forward to the extra weapons.  As I was looking at some of the weapons for the premium pass, I notice none aren't unlocked, even though I did the required assignments while playing the standard edition.  For example, the SMG 08/18.  The required assignment to unlock it is 15 kills with the MP 18 Trench and 10 kills with anti tank grenades.  I've done well over that while playing the standard edition.  For the Perino LMG, you need 100 kills with the MG 15 Low Weight and 10 squad resupplies in a round, which I did on the standard edition.   I also did the requirements for the M1917 Low Weight on the standard edition too and the gun isn't unlocked.  Did anybody else experience this?  I'm already somewhat disappointed getting the premium pass.  If I knew this was going to happen, I would've bought the Revolution edition at first.  

Comments

• DC_E63
    edited May 15
    I’m on PS4. The maps appear, but not the weapons. Strange. Any help would be appreciated.
  • ElliotLH
    9355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DC_E63 wrote: »
    I bought the standard edition 2 years ago.  I downloaded the premium pass today because I was sick of the same maps and was looking forward to the extra weapons.  As I was looking at some of the weapons for the premium pass, I notice none aren't unlocked, even though I did the required assignments while playing the standard edition.  For example, the SMG 08/18.  The required assignment to unlock it is 15 kills with the MP 18 Trench and 10 kills with anti tank grenades.  I've done well over that while playing the standard edition.  For the Perino LMG, you need 100 kills with the MG 15 Low Weight and 10 squad resupplies in a round, which I did on the standard edition.   I also did the requirements for the M1917 Low Weight on the standard edition too and the gun isn't unlocked.  Did anybody else experience this?  I'm already somewhat disappointed getting the premium pass.  If I knew this was going to happen, I would've bought the Revolution edition at first.  

The kills aren't added retroactively when you upgrade unfortunately, so you'll need to meet the requirements again to unlock the weapons.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1192 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Your weapon progress does carry over when you upgrade to Premium/Revolution. You get to keep all your service stars, kills and statistics for all your weapons after you've upgraded to Premium. 

As for the DLC weapon assignments, your progress doesn't carry over because those assignments were locked if you didn't own the Premium Pass. You can't contribute progress to an assignment that hasn't been even been unlocked yet so naturally your progress beforehand won't count.

It's just plain, old common sense: If you don't have access to something, you can't contribute towards it. 
  • PackersDK
    875 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’m sorry, but as mentioned above, this is sort of common sense.

Take the  smg 08/18. As I recall it was part of the Russian DLC that dropped September 2017. By that time I would guess most people who bought the game at launch already had 15 MP18 and 10 tank grenade kills. So by your logic OP, if I understand you correct, most players would have unlocked the 08/18 the second the downloaded that DLC. 

It doesn’t work that way. The assignment starts when it shows up. 
  • DC_E63
    edited May 16
    Thanks everybody.  I bought the standard edition at first in a snap decision because I saw it for a really cheap price.  I didn't even know there was a Revolution edition.  If only I knew.  LOL.  I am liking the new maps though.
  • Ronin9572
    1229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thanks everybody.  I bought the standard edition at first in a snap decision because I saw it for a really cheap price.  I didn't even know there was a Revolution edition.  If only I knew.  LOL.  I am liking the new maps though.

Yeah it's kind of a sleazy way for them to make more money. I've seen Revolution cost half as much as the regular version! I looked the other day and the Premium pass alone was $30!
  • DC_E63
    Ronin9572 said:

Yeah it's kind of a sleazy way for them to make more money. I've seen Revolution cost half as much as the regular version! I looked the other day and the Premium pass alone was $30!
    I paid $39.95.  I think it's crazy how they still charge so much for a game that's almost four years old.  The premium pass for BF4 is also $39.95.  Ridiculous.   
  • Ronin9572
    (Quote)
    I paid $39.95.  I think it's crazy how they still charge so much for a game that's almost four years old.  The premium pass for BF4 is also $39.95.  Ridiculous.   

Wow I just looked it up and your right. That's nutty! Sorry to hear about that. They probably figured they'd cash in because of the mass exodus from BFV and lots of ppl at home.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1192 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DC_E63 said:
    Ronin9572 said:

All things considered $40 US for the Revolution edition seems almost reasonable when you consider the fact that Activision is still charging $60 US for the BASE edition of Call of Duty games released 6-7 years ago like Ghosts (released in 2014) for example. Black Ops II (2012) BASE edition still costs the full $60.

Edit: Just looked up the Complete Edition for CoD Ghosts and it costs $250 AUD or $166 dollars in USD. Wow.
  • Ronin9572
    (Quote)

Just wondering when you bought Revolution? I just saw it for sale for $11.99 thru the PS Store. Maybe contact them and see if they'll give you the discounted price.
  • DC_E63
    edited May 30
    Ronin9572 said:
    (Quote)

Just wondering when you bought Revolution? I just saw it for sale for $11.99 thru the PS Store. Maybe contact them and see if they'll give you the discounted price.

I didn't get the Revolution edition.  I just simply purchased the Premium pass add on.  I know I probably could've' got the Revolution edition for much cheaper, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of deleting the base game and then installing a new game.  Plus I was worried I was going to loose all my saved data.  Then I would be stuck with the standard edition and would't be able to sell it for squat.  Kind of pointless to have two editions of the game.    

• Ronin9572
    (Quote)

Yeah that's crazy either way, $40 for either at this point ain't right. Just think they're trying to take advantage of ppl who are home wanting to play they're games. I've seen the original game, Revolution, and Premium pass under $10 up until the pandemic hit!