BF1 Oceania Servers

Adajian
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited May 15
So I've been out of Battlefield for quite awhile - last played BF4 quite a bit. Finally getting around to BF1 (yeah I know). So now that the laclustre campaign is over thought I'd get into what BF is actually about and join multiplayer but....
Am in Australia on PC and I Oceania servers have zero players at all times of the day. I find this difficult to believe ... or not. I've checked and re-checked/reset filters etc but zip. So there's not even a single person playing this game on PC in Australia anymore? Or am I missing something? Let's just say that the campaign doesn't even come remotely close to the making up the price of the game.

Thanks

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There's usually around 2 full Conquest servers in Australia on PC. One being the A1 server and the other I forgot.
  • Adajian
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hmmm, then something is awry with my server list. A whole bunch of Australian servers show up but they are never populated, even at what I would expect to be peak times. Those from other regions are as normal.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just a heads up, the [DICE] Official servers on PC in Aus/NZ are basically dead. Pretty much all players in Oceania play on those 2 remaining community servers now. 
  • Forkbeard84
    1769 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Could it be filter settings in the server browser? Have you got slots set to None so you can see full games?
  • StupidNameHere
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I used the oceana servers to do the ARG in peace, not surprised.
  • Tunza42
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's usually around 2 full Conquest servers in Australia on PC. One being the A1 server and the other I forgot.

There is actually more servers in OC than ever on PC now!!  3 community run conquest servers (these do small modes in the morning AEST most days).  Also we (A1) have a dedicated small mode server (domination, pigeons, supply drop, TDM) that usually kicks off at approx 8PM AEST.  This is the most servers we have had in a long time :). It is great.  I see a lot of new players around too.  More players around means the game will last a bit longer.
  • Tunza42
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Adajian I had the exact same problem when I first started playing (mid last year).  I thought no one played either.  This is important.  make sure that you UNTICK the ALL box for free slots in the server browser.  They always show you empty dice servers first if it is ticked.  As suggested also make sure you TICK the NONE box under free slots, showing you servers that a full (the usually also have a que).  Wish i found out sooner as I wrote the game off for months until i randomly tried again one day that i was bored.  Let me know if you need any help finding servers.  You can add me on origin my GT is Tunza42.  I play most evenings