I want a refund, no servers on my region

SQHDP
76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I bought this game on June 2019 and to be honest, I never liked it, a few months later the game stopped showing servers (only a few per game mode) on my region. I didn't pay for this. I have pictures of the server browser empty but can't post them (idk why).
I live in Argentina and there's currently 5 Conquest servers, only 1 for Breakthrough and none for the other modes. You can prove this yourselves by filtering for brazilian servers.

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    1275 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah... probably not gonna happen. I highly doubt that EA would be willing to issue a refund on a game you purchased a year ago.

A week ago? Maybe.
    A year ago? Never in your wildest dreams. 
  • SQHDP
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But there used to be servers before, at least a few more than now. I can't play, they took the game away from me
  • Titan_Awaken
    1275 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SQHDP said:
    But there used to be servers before, at least a few more than now. I can't play, they took the game away from me
    I know. It isn't fair, I understand.

However, in EA's Terms of Service page (which you and I have both agreed to) it specifically states that:
    "We do not guarantee that any EA Service, Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer a particular EA Service, Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. EA does not guarantee that EA Services can be accessed on all devices, by means of a specific Internet or connection provider, or in all geographic locations.

Under the law and by contract, they are permitted to shut down ANY service, in ANY region at ANY time be it servers or something else. 

Is it scummy? Yes it is. 

Is it unfair? Yes it is. 

But have they done anything illegal as far as the law is concerned? No, they haven't. 

If you absolutely positively 100% MUST get your money back no matter the cost, you can initiate a chargeback through your bank for your BFV purchase but this will also get your Origin account terminated in the process. 

• crossedsee23
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SQHDP said:

However, in EA's Terms of Service page (which you and I have both agreed to) it specifically states that:
    "We do not guarantee that any EA Service, Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer a particular EA Service, Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. EA does not guarantee that EA Services can be accessed on all devices, by means of a specific Internet or connection provider, or in all geographic locations.

Under the law and by contract, they are permitted to shut down ANY service, in ANY region at ANY time be it servers or something else. 

Is it scummy? Yes it is. 

Is it unfair? Yes it is. 

But have they done anything illegal as far as the law is concerned? No, they haven't. 

If you absolutely positively 100% MUST get your money back no matter the cost, you can initiate a chargeback through your bank for your BFV purchase but this will also get your Origin account terminated in the process. 

Honestly, if your Origin acc only had BFV and you didn't like it then I would do the same thing. Regardless on whether they would delete the account or not.
  • Titan_Awaken
    edited July 24
    SQHDP said:

Is it scummy? Yes it is. 

Is it unfair? Yes it is. 

Honestly, if your Origin acc only had BFV and you didn't like it then I would do the same thing. Regardless on whether they would delete the account or not.
    OP has BF4, BF1, Hardline (and other games on Origin I would imagine) on top of BFV. There's gonna be a lot of collateral damage if he/she decides to initiate a chargeback. Besides, OP's forum account still shows that they own BFV so no action has been taken (as of this post at least) since the thread was created.

/necro
  • Carbonic
    1930 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    No reason to necro this thread.
    Info reguarding refunds are on https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/returns-and-cancellations/
    locking thread
This discussion has been closed.