Kingdom of Italy still not having the carcano as their standard issue rifle in BTB

Prisoner59
postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
When you play as the Italians in Back to basics you still use an american weapon (Russian 1889- a winchester used by the russians) eaven though there is a carcano carbine in the game. I think a hotfix to swap them would be simple enough again because the weapon is functional and in the game. Is it being locked in a DLC keeping it from getting into the Italian hands? Or is DICE firm on not updating the game? 

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    5131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They stopped updating ages ago. The Americans use the 1903 instead of the 1917 Enfield and the 1903 in back to basics doesn’t work the bolt in ADS with radium sights, much bigger issues they could fix. They also have never once done it for any of the Russian maps (the Mosin has a placeholder for the mode iirc). The Carcano in game is also some cut up cavalry carbine, the 1895 is much more rifle like and fun to use in the mode.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That aside, Im looking forward to playing B2B again. Mostly because 95% of players cant use a bolt action at all let alone actually be aggressive with it. From my experience a lot of pistol usage.
  • MarxistDictator
    5131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I want them to do the Russian and French Operations in Back to Basics, it sounds like they might be running them all. Red Tide or Devil’s Anvil would be pretty cool with just rifles. I think the mortars and horses are more annoying than pistols in this mode (especially since it is now operations). Suez still has 4 horses on the first base and the Ottomans still have no emplacements, but I don’t think balance was a huge concern.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I tried matchmaking into a server tonight on PS4 and got nothing. I wish this was more popular.

Horses are going to be really annoying Im sure. Taking them out with just a bolt action will be difficult since no one else ever shoots at them
  • Forkbeard84
    1769 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I want them to do the Russian and French Operations in Back to Basics, it sounds like they might be running them all. Red Tide or Devil’s Anvil would be pretty cool with just rifles. I think the mortars and horses are more annoying than pistols in this mode (especially since it is now operations). Suez still has 4 horses on the first base and the Ottomans still have no emplacements, but I don’t think balance was a huge concern.
    I tried matchmaking into a server tonight on PS4 and got nothing. I wish this was more popular.

Horses are going to be really annoying Im sure. Taking them out with just a bolt action will be difficult since no one else ever shoots at them

The horses definitaly last longer in this mode. You can still take them out with the AT Rocket gun though.

Im loving this B2B mode. It causes a lot of infantry close combat with pistols and melee. Im learning the bolt actions better too. Squads stay together more and armored cars, stationary weapons and boats and gadgets end up being much stronger and relevant. It all seems a little more realistic for WW1.
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did think they sorted the Italian and American respective rifles out when they where released but guess not, shane as the carcano is a fun bolt action.

Back to basics operations is fun but it does highlight how bad some players are when they have to use bolt action and be aggressive. I've only had one match where the attackers have got to the second map and win so far. A lot of the time the attack plan seems to be charge up the middle get slaughtered repeatedly then spend the rest of the game try and hid in the middle of a open field in front of the entire defending team.
  • ashar_saleem121
    I love this game mode. It's so easy to rack up kills. No one knows how to snipe at all and since there are no vehicles, there's a lot less to be afraid of.

It's hilarious seeing people prone down in front of the enemy or just standing still for ages trying to hard scope that long range headshot.

I get more kills per game in this game mode than I do in any other because you get so many assist as kills. I would like to play scout more but we always have a shortage of medics so I tend to sway that way. But since I can play medic and use scout guns, it's a win win. And no one can mow me down with a bipodded LMG? Bonus.

I should probably slow down my shots to pick off wounded enemies more instead of wounding them for someone else to kill. But it's hard to slow down muscle memory.

I wish they would keep this game mode permanent.