How to report "aggressive racist" messages

gloxville
2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited May 18
Hello people,

Tonight a boy used very hard words about black people and used very aggressive speech. Used many times "N" words and I have reported him via origin profile but I don't think the administrator will see it. Is there any second option to repeat my report? An e-mail or contact form etc. 

I really hate racism and I won't leave him with it. Last message he sends me "N lover" it's not an insult for me cuz I already love black people but he didn't write it that way. 

Thanks

Comments

• gets__tilted
    1702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can report but doesnt matter. Mute, move on. People still dont know how to deal with this?

Dont hinge your feeling so much on anothers words. Goes a long way.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1120 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can submit a ticket to EA Support and if everything goes right, that user will receive a chat ban though I wouldn't put my money on it. 

The better option is to just block the guy on Origin or mute the chat entirely. 99% of the rubbish that comes out of the chat is just vulgar content anyway.
  • BadWellzy89
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 19
    I don't class it a good round of operations unless someone is sending hate messages. Buthurt noobs get triggered so easily. Some dummy other day saying I was aimboting....................i play on xbox.
  • disposalist
    8849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I sympathise. Tolerating toxicity is what leads to communities becoming irretrievably toxic and unpleasant to be in. Kids thinking it's edgy and cool to be abusive and offensive (and I know it's not just kids, it's also childish adults) is a curse on society these days, never mind in games. The future of communities of all sorts is dire indeed as these people grow to believe it's normal and ok (or even cool) to be a troll.

But we aren't given the tools. Report and Block and advise others to do the same. I hate having to do someone else's parenting, but I usually throw in a "please stop the childish spam" first. *shrug* Those that do it for the reaction won't be discouraged, though.

I'm not 'upset' by the comments, generally - I am actually thick-skinned and pretty rude myself, when it's appropriate - but neither do I want the game chat to be like an annoying kindegarden I can't get out of. And, no, I don't want to hide chat. It's a useful game tool and sometimes a social tool.

OP: Play on a private server with admin if it really bothers you. Mostly those will ban players being toxic.
  • Forkbeard84
    1769 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 19
    I will never condone toxic language.   Really if someone is trying to troll you, toxic language shows a serious lack of trolling ability and creativity. 

The problem with trying to filter it is it leads to a form of censorship and stupid filters, like we have now, where you can't type normal everyday words. 

On console we've lost the chat box entirely.  Now we can only select from a drop down list of about six canned statements like "Thank You" and "Go."  And even those statements are not directed at a certain individual.   They seem to go out to the team in general.  Honestly I dont know who they go to.    Its very restrictive.  I often very much miss the in game chat box.

So consider the downside of  censorship and big brother protecting you from toxic chat.  For me, I'll take an unfiltered chat box any day and just ignore the drivel and be allowed to say anything I want.  

• disposalist
    8849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I will never condone toxic language.   Really if someone is trying to troll you, toxic language shows a serious lack of trolling ability and creativity. 

The problem with trying to filter it is it leads to a form of censorship and stupid filters, like we have now, where you can't type normal everyday words. 

On console we've lost the chat box entirely.  Now we can only select from a drop down list of about six canned statements like "Thank You" and "Go."  And even those statements are not directed at a certain individual.   They seem to go out to the team in general.  Honestly I dont know who they go to.    Its very restrictive.  I often very much miss the in game chat box.

So consider the downside of  censorship and big brother protecting you from toxic chat.  For me, I'll take an unfiltered chat box any day and just ignore the drivel and be allowed to say anything I want.  
    I'd certainly rather *have* the chat box as long as the Block function works (which is still does).
  • Forkbeard84

I'd certainly rather *have* the chat box as long as the Block function works (which is still does).
    Yep, block seems like a good defensive measure with no real downside.  And its a measure that is in your own control.
  • gloxville

I wish we could remove chat box in the PC too :) 

BTW I wrote a long answer for previous messages but after I click to post a comment I realized my wifi has lost the connection. I don't have the power to write it again so thanks for everyone for message and support :) 
  • disposalist
    gloxville said:

I wish we could remove chat box in the PC too :) 
    You can. Just hide it. 
  • gloxville
    Thanks a lot, guys! I really appreciate your comment and support. 

I totally agree with igrone and move on strategy. As disposalist said, I'm rude myself too and when someone spread words, I can handle it and even do, sometimes I enjoy the fight with em. But in the social platform, when idiots hold the flags, the secret idiots getting caurage and start to follow the flag holder idiot. 

Does someone use the "N" word? And just 2 other guys laugh with it? That's it, others come around. As I white person, I have no tolerance with these things because this is growing like the Coronavirus. I think I did what I can do, I report him, send an e-mail with screenshots and now just stop and wait to see what will happen. It's not a child, but brain age, child y/o adult person. 

Let's see what will happen. 

ps: his team were won :) 
  • gets__tilted
    1702 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You said it. Big brother protecting you. As only they know how right?

I think given this recent mess, those in the states are looking to further preserve their rights. Look at georgia. Went back to work a month ago, all is great. LA, lock down till august. The proof is in the pudding so to say. And the people generally know whats best. Just to piggy back on your point.

And look at bfv chat censor. One can still get around it. So its just an annoying nanny state addition of "we know whats best!". And nobody likes that. Nobody like to be told what do hear, see and especially say.
  • Forkbeard84

I think given this recent mess, those in the states are looking to further preserve their rights. Look at georgia. Went back to work a month ago, all is great. LA, lock down till august. The proof is in the pudding so to say. And the people generally know whats best. Just to piggy back on your point.

And look at bfv chat censor. One can still get around it. So its just an annoying nanny state addition of "we know whats best!". And nobody likes that. Nobody like to be told what do hear, see and especially say.

Yeah the severity of this pandemic seems to have been over hyped.

Im glad we can all still say what we want to say. (For the most part anyways.)
  • disposalist
    Mikex2112 said:
    Listen up all you precious snowflakes..They're just words.If you get offended by such language thats a YOU thing...You are the one giving these words the power..No one else.
    How in the hell do some of you make it in the real world?
    I mean seriously,ignore and move on.Guaranteed some of the posters in this thread listen to rap "music" with the same type of crap being said in the lyrics.
    You will NEVER rid the world of racism or racist speach....Will never happen.
    Either learn how to deal with it or cuddle up with your teddy bear and dream about a happy place.
    It's not a 'snowflake' thing to not want our communities and public places to become like a feral kindegarden, it's a normal human being thing.

I make it in the real world just fine, because, for good reason, in the real world being offensive in public gets you either a) a punch in the face or b) arrested, so it doesn't happen much. The only reason it happens so much in games is because it is tolerated and there are few repercussions. It's like kiddies acting up when their parents aren't looking. Not tolerating it is doing them a favour - they might grow up to be more thoughtful people who embarrass themselves less.

We may never rid the world of racism, because there will always be stupid, nasty people, but we sure can let people know that it is unacceptable and we can take measures to limit it and keep our public places enjoyable. We can attempt to educate those stupid people and, in the meantime, stop them from being too annoying or causing problems and unpleasantness with their stupidity.

I have learned how to deal with it. I discourage it. I criticise it. I report it. I Block it if I have to. I do not just accept it as an inevitability and hope for the best.

But, hey, just sit back and criticise. Cool. You carry on claiming things are fine while other people take on the responsibility and make the effort that actually keeps things fine for you.
  • Ronin9572
    1157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)
    It's not a 'snowflake' thing to not want our communities and public places to become like a feral kindegarden, it's a normal human being thing.

I make it in the real world just fine, because, for good reason, in the real world being offensive in public gets you either a) a punch in the face or b) arrested, so it doesn't happen much. The only reason it happens so much in games is because it is tolerated and there are few repercussions. It's like kiddies acting up when their parents aren't looking. Not tolerating it is doing them a favour - they might grow up to be more thoughtful people who embarrass themselves less.

We may never rid the world of racism, because there will always be stupid, nasty people, but we sure can let people know that it is unacceptable and we can take measures to limit it and keep our public places enjoyable. We can attempt to educate those stupid people and, in the meantime, stop them from being too annoying or causing problems and unpleasantness with their stupidity.

I have learned how to deal with it. I discourage it. I criticise it. I report it. I Block it if I have to. I do not just accept it as an inevitability and hope for the best.

But, hey, just sit back and criticise. Cool. You carry on claiming things are fine while other people take on the responsibility and make the effort that actually keeps things fine for you.

Yup, ignoring doesn't just make it go away, it just makes it worse. And calling someone out for being a racist don't make you a snowflake! Smh...
  • gets__tilted

Yeah the severity of this pandemic seems to have been over hyped.

Im glad we can all still say what we want to say. (For the most part anyways.)

Yea, it's a little weird huh? Instead of feeling like a pandemic it almost feels like a plandemic. Must be our imaginations...
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you play on PC, just play on AMG servers. Insta-kick for racism there. Admins are on there all day long.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14037 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @gloxville
    You can report users for posting hate speech in the ingame chat via this link

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/