This Week in Battlefield V - May 18, 2020

Braddock512
1525 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited May 27

Here's this week's goings-on.

(Please note: This is the current schedule of events for this week. Items may be moved, shifted, added, or pushed out. We'll update this calendar throughout the week.)

Monday, May 18, 2020

• This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

• #ThrowbackTuesday - Let's play some BF4 and BF1 - and do some giveaways for these awesome titles! We'll select 10 folks for each game to receive either a Battlefield 4 Premium Edition or Battlefield 1 Revolution Edition code for their platform of choice.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

• Battlefield V Mission Overview - Grind is back.

• Battlefield V Community Drops - We'll be dropping a few Battlefield V codes around the community for folks. We'll select 10 folks to receive a Battlefield V Year 2 Edition code for their platform of choice.

• Stream Drops - We'll be popping into random Twitch/Mixer/FB streams playing BFV and giving the streamers codes for Battlefield V giveaways.

Thursday, May 21, 2020

• Battlefield V Mssion Starts - Grind returns.

• The Pacific War Playlist will remain throughout Chapter 6.

Friday, May 22, 2020

• Battlefield V Quality of Life Trello Board Update - Will be updated on Fridays.

• Stream Drops - We'll be popping into random Twitch/Mixer/FB streams playing BFV and giving the streamers codes for Battlefield V for giveaways.

• #FRIDAYNIGHTBATTLEFIELD – Join your friends, enemies, squadmates, and lone wolves on the FIELD OF BATTLE!

Saturday, May 23, 2020

NOTES AND ADDENDUMS

Battlefield Currency Reward Bug

• As mentioned last week, we are aware that some players are not receiving the 100 BFC for completing this week's mission.

• The team is working on rolling out a fix (potentially tomorrow) to prevent this from happening in the future.

• The fix will not be retroactive, meaning it won't grant you the 100 BFC.

• To make up for this issue, we're granting EVERYONE who logs in within a certain period of time 200 BFC. Details will be posted when we confirm the mass grant date (should be this week).

• We moved some of the giveaways around as I will be on "Staycation Birthday Holiday" starting Thursday and will be back to work after Memorial Day. May 21-25, 2020.

• EA PLAY LIVE Announcement

• Our global teams on all franchises continue to work to keep games going, per EA Update on the Coronavirus Situation.

Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• Bolly_GB
    109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 Happy Birthday Mate! Have a good one. Cheers.
  • TTZ_Dipsy
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sucks that the boins won't be retroactive but at least the team is working hard to make sure there are no future issues
  • CT1924
    1141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bolly_GB wrote: »
    @Braddock512 Happy Birthday Mate! Have a good one. Cheers.

I second that! Happy birthday!
  • CT1924
    1141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Sucks that the boins won't be retroactive but at least the team is working hard to make sure there are no future issues

I get 200 instead of 100. It might be a bribe, but it's working. My conscience calls it interest. ;)
  • ErrOrZ48
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i get only 100 not 200
  • nuter41
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same here only got 100 not 200
  • Braddock512
    1525 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    The mass grant goes out tomorrow. If you got 100 already, it is because you completed the misssion and the bug didn’t affect you. You’ll get the 200 tomorrow.
  • nuter41
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Awesome thanks for that 
  • ErrOrZ48
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 19
    i got only 100 BC

• Braddock512
    edited May 19
    ErrOrZ48 said:
    i got only 100 BC
    I just answered that above.

The mass grant of 200 BFC hasn't been deployed. If you got 100BFC, you got the reward from completing the weekly mission and weren't affected by the bug, but you will still get the 200 BFC tomorrow. 
    -Braddock512
  • Cavera_GamerzZ
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How does the battlefield 4 giveaway work? 
  • IFrike
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Has the issue with recieving the 100 BFC been fixed yet? I don't want to complete this final mission and not get it so therefore I haven't been playing any games the last few days.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IFrike said:
    Has the issue with recieving the 100 BFC been fixed yet? I don't want to complete this final mission and not get it so therefore I haven't been playing any games the last few days.
    Yes, they fixed it today.
  • VOLBANKER
    1605 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Braddock please, can you ask the team if it's possible to have the 3X scope magnification glint removed from the two Carbines that Recon have? That is, P08 Carbine and Trench Carbine.

Thank you :smile:

Those two guns are meant to be an alternative to sniper rifles and SLRs for Recon, but having 3X scope magnification glint on them is a big disadvantage compared to how other classes do not have scope glint on 3X scope.
  • Borg_QC
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The developers work hard to give you 200 BFC, but no fix on BFV (Netcode, team balance, lag, auto headshot, etc, etc, etc...) 
    The best fix for BFV: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRhsjQDIXBI
  • ElectronicCat
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA PLAY LIVE Announcement

Is this Battlefield related or is it just in general?
  • nuter41
    Getting fed up now with the spawn bug
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    948 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    nuter41 wrote: »
    Getting fed up now with the spawn bug

Are you referring to being unable to spawn on teammates or zooming in and out?

If so that isn't a big but at the same time it isn't quite right.
  • nuter41
    No, when you try to spawn in a plane or tank. There’s videos of it in YouTube 
  • Gza
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hello braddock my old friend i come here to see you again. Why dont you leave grind for permenent mode? And try something to stop ps4 players with CRONUS MAX, that is cheating