Legion of Sacred Unity - 5 Squad Kill Assists as kills

Forkbeard84
1769 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I cant tell you how many times I thought I'd get this medal easy and then had a hard time getting all of the Squad kill Assists as kills.  Pretty sure I got to four of them once before the medal expired.  Its up again and I've got the squad suppression assists done.  

Any advice on getting these kill assists?  

Comments

• ashar_saleem121
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Play scout and mark your targets. If someone else in your squad is also a good scout it makes it easy. You can collectively two tap someone.
  • Forkbeard84
    edited May 20
    Play scout and mark your targets. If someone else in your squad is also a good scout it makes it easy. You can collectively two tap someone.

Oh good one.  
  • Forkbeard84
    Any other ideas out there?

• ashar_saleem121
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you dont use scout the only real piece of advice I can give you is to practice restraint and use something with predictable and stable damage that you can do with some level of consistency.

For example, the 8.35 Marksman does 40 damage per shot for quite some distance (I think 45m). It's 3 shots to kill all the way to 70m and 4 shots beyond that. So if you land 2 shots on an enemy at close to medium range, you can be reasonable certain that you'll be able to do 80 damage on an enemy and if a squad mate finishes them off that's a squad assist as kill for you.

But IMO scout is still the best option since you can consistently do 75+ damage if you use a G95 and there isn't any fear of sweet spot kills since it doesnt have one.

If you want, I can help you get it. Im a pretty good scout. My PSN is Ashar121

I'll finish off whoever you shoot at.
  • RossP317
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Was going to say the G95 iron sight as well.

Also try medic rifle defending on Ops but, as noted above, adopted the rhythm method of killing and pull out before the final shot. 😂
  • Colt6940H
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe use a scoped LMG from distance, continuously spotting, and proving fire support for your team. There’s a couple maps where an elevated LMG can both spot a lot of enemy and do some damage.
  • disposalist
    8849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Pretty sure I did it as medic running around behind an assault squad mate in Fort De Vaux, but yeah, as much as I loathe advising anyone to 'go sniper' it would work well to go sniper, overwatch contended flags and just put in the first 75+ damage shots, spot them and hope your team does the rest.
  • ashar_saleem121
    Pretty sure I did it as medic running around behind an assault squad mate in Fort De Vaux, but yeah, as much as I loathe advising anyone to 'go sniper' it would work well to go sniper, overwatch contended flags and just put in the first 75+ damage shots, spot them and hope your team does the rest.

I love how "sniping" is such a dirty word for you lol.

At the risk of sounding like a mysoginist, it's not all snipers lol. I happen to do quite well on the flags.
  • Trokey66
    8961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Talk with you squad mates and pick targets.
  • disposalist
    8849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I love how "sniping" is such a dirty word for you lol.

At the risk of sounding like a mysoginist, it's not all snipers lol. I happen to do quite well on the flags
    Hehe, it really is a dirty word!

Having said that, are you actually using sniper rifles and getting on objectives?  Why not be using a carbine or infantry version?

I don't deny there are a few good scouts. I'm pretty sure they'd be even more useful if they chose another class ;^)
  • ashar_saleem121
    (Quote)

Having said that, are you actually using sniper rifles and getting on objectives?  Why not be using a carbine or infantry version?

I don't deny there are a few good scouts. I'm pretty sure they'd be even more useful if they chose another class ;^)

Oh I was lumping in bolt actions collectively. I mostly use infantry and carbines. Those you dont have an issue with?

But I have been known to try to use the SMLE marksman or Russian Sniper on objectives. Mainly because I like a challenge lol
  • disposalist
    (Quote)

Oh I was lumping in bolt actions collectively. I mostly use infantry and carbines. Those you dont have an issue with?

But I have been known to try to use the SMLE marksman or Russian Sniper on objectives. Mainly because I like a challenge lol
    No I do NOT lump them in together. The infantry and carbine versions are actually not too bad on objectives. The SMLE Carbine is one of my most used weapons (including all classes). With a ladder sights carbine, you can pull off shots from hundreds of meters if you are good. You can also hip fire from near point blank before swapping to a side arm.  But you pick a sniper rifle and you are sniping or gimping yourself intentionally (as you say) and you are not helping your team much doing either. I hope you only do it when your team doesn't need you to do well hehe.

When I first heard about the Scout class in BF1 (pre alpha) I was so pleased. It sounded like a true WW1 infantry scout. Rifles and flares. Binoculars and trip mines. Sounded great.

Then they emphasised the sniper rifles and the camping equipment (sniper shields and decoys ffs) and it was clear it was going to be just another sniper role to detract from what makes BF better than other shooters: the coop and objectives play.

Snipers simply do not suit BF and never have, but DICE don't have the guts to do what they really should and make them a pickup kit or a limited spawn.
  • ashar_saleem121
    (Quote)
    No I do NOT lump them in together. The infantry and carbine versions are actually not too bad on objectives. The SMLE Carbine is one of my most used weapons (including all classes). With a ladder sights carbine, you can pull off shots from hundreds of meters if you are good. You can also hip fire from near point blank before swapping to a side arm.  But you pick a sniper rifle and you are sniping or gimping yourself intentionally (as you say) and you are not helping your team much doing either. I hope you only do it when your team doesn't need you to do well hehe.

When I first heard about the Scout class in BF1 (pre alpha) I was so pleased. It sounded like a true WW1 infantry scout. Rifles and flares. Binoculars and trip mines. Sounded great.

Then they emphasised the sniper rifles and the camping equipment (sniper shields and decoys ffs) and it was clear it was going to be just another sniper role to detract from what makes BF better than other shooters: the coop and objectives play.

Snipers simply do not suit BF and never have, but DICE don't have the guts to do what they really should and make them a pickup kit or a limited spawn.

I don't often get a chance to play anything outside of medic, but if there's a lot of christmas lights glittering on the hillside, I feel the urge to extinguish them. Or defending in operations. Usually a good time to get in some target practice
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Have you tried back to basics operation that's on this week? I'd think that would be perfect for this challenge with a lot of combat not being in the sweet spot ranges a lot of body shots will be only be doing 80ish damage.
  • disposalist
    (Quote)

I don't often get a chance to play anything outside of medic, but if there's a lot of christmas lights glittering on the hillside, I feel the urge to extinguish them. Or defending in operations. Usually a good time to get in some target practice
    Ah yes defending in Ops snipers can actually be useful (though even then a carbine is fine). Until the other team also goes sniper and the game stops dead and boring... Winning is not fun if it's because the enemy goes sniper and effectively gives up.

I don't play Ops... It's even more prone to PTFO starvation than conquest.

I think the only time I play scout is if a back flag is being taken down, no one is defending, and I really need to know where the rat is.  I flare and head in.  Try to use the advantage of knowing where they are to overcome the disadvantage of.. well... being a scout, but attacking someone.
  • ashar_saleem121
    (Quote)
    Ah yes defending in Ops snipers can actually be useful (though even then a carbine is fine). Until the other team also goes sniper and the game stops dead and boring... Winning is not fun if it's because the enemy goes sniper and effectively gives up.

I don't play Ops... It's even more prone to PTFO starvation than conquest.

I think the only time I play scout is if a back flag is being taken down, no one is defending, and I really need to know where the rat is.  I flare and head in.  Try to use the advantage of knowing where they are to overcome the disadvantage of.. well... being a scout, but attacking someone.

Sometimes I just fancy a laid back session in a target rich environment against a team more than willing to go prone and make their heads available to me.

A carbine will absolutely work. The problem is it works too well. I like to up the difficulty for myself unless my own team is such garbage that the good weapons have to come out. But I like to avoid that if possible.