B2B Operations

BadWellzy89
60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I wish B2B Operations was permanent. With at least 1 full server running all the time. It'll be a shame when after this week it'll probably die again. Been good seeing plenty of full servers and actually had some good games. Tho 9/10 time the defending teams wins. Had a few good games defending on Monte Grappa where the enemy carnt take the first point,(church) just finished a game then 64-1. Ammo crate and mortar shreds in this game mode. It's a all round nice change from normal operations. Just wish they did it on DLC maps aswell not just base games. Fort de Vaux and Verdun Heights would be great maps to play B2B Operations on. Well as long as your not on a noob team.

Comments

• Wizlon67
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I second this (e)motion. Dammit DICE I would play this mode forever. In regular game play I'm somewhere between average and quite good, but in B2B operations I'm a death dealing, PTFOing beast, maybe it's the different pacing and having to think a little more before making a move. The lack of damn Arty trucks and warplanes makes a huge difference, I notice that certain players that regularly ROFLStomp most regular servers in their bombers, tanks and artytrucks are rarely seen in B2B. Chat is far less toxic, even positive on most matches. This is THE mode that BF1 was meant to be played in, the rest are just arcade versions :tongue: of this masterpiece.
  • BadWellzy89
    @Wizlon67
    Exactly!!! You can actually see the enemy team use certain tactics aswell. Like when your defending Fao Fortress they have to use their boats well if they want to advance. And I noticed 2 enemy players join that I've played with before change the whole game. As me and my team were holding well but then the enemy started pushing way up near the out of bounds area on the side of the map near the mountains on the 2nd A point on Fao and were able to take it. Yet before these players joined only a few dared attacked from that position. Just good having to use tactics to advance to take points not just jumping out of a planes over a objective ect. Operations is such a better game mode for B2B than conquest. I will actually miss this mode when weekly rotation changes and god knows when it we be about again
  • ashar_saleem121
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This was the most fun Ive had in this game in a long while. It was a blast using bolt action rifles without the fear of getting mowed down by a bipodded support player.

It was hectic, people were using medic and reviving. You could really see who knew how to snipe and who didn't.

I wish they made this game mode permanent
  • BadWellzy89
    @ashar_saleem121
    Its all I've played all week. And yeah you can properly tell who's strong and who's weak at this game in this mode. Will be a big shame when it goes on Monday
  • ashar_saleem121
    1296 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @ashar_saleem121
    Its all I've played all week. And yeah you can properly tell who's strong and who's weak at this game in this mode. Will be a big shame when it goes on Monday

I wouldnt say strong or weak. More who's in that top tier of player. Who can take a gun type that's not advisable for close combat play and make it work effectively. A lot of people can run around with Federov's and Hellriegels. This tells you who who can acquire a target and hit it quickly and then pop back into cover again. Who has the best movement and who can use cover effectively.
  • BadWellzy89
    @ashar_saleem121
    Yeah it's exposes top tiers and lower. You can also see who's lvl 150 out of skill (top 5 scoreboard) and who's lvl 150 just by putting hours in ( low score and terrible minus K/D ratio) I just finished a game last night on ballroom blitz. Defending. We held the first sector all game and didn't let the enemy take a single point and when I looked at the scoreboard at the end 25/32 enemies had a minus K/D. Need make the most of today as I think it will be gone tomorrow
  • PackersDK
    860 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah it's exposes top tiers and lower. You can also see who's lvl 150 out of skill (top 5 scoreboard) and who's lvl 150 just by putting hours in ( low score and terrible minus K/D ratio) I just finished a game last night on ballroom blitz. Defending. We held the first sector all game and didn't let the enemy take a single point and when I looked at the scoreboard at the end 25/32 enemies had a minus K/D. Need make the most of today as I think it will be gone tomorrow

Making assumptions about skill, solely based on K/D on the Operations mode (B2B or regular Ops for that matter) is silly. The final score perhaps, yes. But just K/D?? Would it not be obvious attackers get killed more often?

It sounds to me like you had a game where attackers actually tried to do their job. On a very open sector. Without vehicles. 
  • HANSGRUBER30
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Love this weeks rotation, back to basics and operation goes hand in hand, it works so well! Who ever at DICE decided to make this happen, thank you! I think that some operation do have a balance problem e.g oil of empires but still have had wins both attacking and defending on that operation. 

Wizlon67 said:
    The lack of damn Arty trucks and warplanes makes a huge difference, I notice that certain players that regularly ROFLStomp most regular servers in their bombers, tanks and artytrucks are rarely seen in B2B.
    I've noticed that as well, one clan impractical I can guarantee to see every time I play operation who seem to live in the anti infantry heavy bomber I haven't seen once the entire week.
  • BadWellzy89
    @PackersDK
    I understand and get the point of your argument and judging some people that way might be harsh yes but someone ending 3-24 has very little skill. I play multiple hours a day and (as you probably know yourself) you start to recognise lots of the people you play with over and over on certain servers. And when your yet to see them have a plus K/D ratio you know what tyea of player they are. But I understand its about the team around you aswell I've been on horrible noob teams and I get killed more times than usual because teammate let's enemies flank etc. Or don't shoot heavy bombers. I joined a game last week when a heavy bomber was going 50-0 I killed him 3 times with M1917 telescopic and he ended 80-3 as he was farming and my brain dead team mates were letting him.
  • ashar_saleem121
    Dude, the lack of vehicles, in particular the heavy bomber and arty truck is super noticeable and is honestly a breath of fresh air. It's so nice to actually have prolonged gun battles with enemies without insta dying from some arty truck camper in his own spawn.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    948 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What is the ratio of attacking wins compared to the normal mode?
  • PackersDK
    860 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited May 24
    Dude, the lack of vehicles, in particular the heavy bomber and arty truck is super noticeable and is honestly a breath of fresh air. It's so nice to actually have prolonged gun battles with enemies without insta dying from some arty truck camper in his own spawn.

I agree to a point. The thing is, Operations is not the level playing field of CQ or TDM. Attackers get vehicle help because it is needed. 

B2B is fun, and I think alot of people play it for the reasons you mention, and because bolt action rifle in BF1 is fun to play. But individual fun, and good matches are not the same, and I actually find B2B a bit one-sided. The win ratio for attackers, in my experience, is so low it makes for boring games.

If attackers push it is often just a turkey shoot, if they are passive it’s just a long range firefight taking 50% longer time than a normal Ops game. 

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think B2B gets dull pretty quick.
  • ashar_saleem121
    Ive mostly won as attackers and won as defenders. Maybe I just get lucky. Ive seen some really epic games on both sides honestly. The muromets and arty truck dont really help attackers that much. You can clear a flag but unless infantry rush in to fill the void, you wont capture it.

I think no vehicles is a great thing. Regardless of whether I win or lose. I dont mind long range shootouts either.