BFV Can we make Medics more aware?

NOMADSKYS
21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Since I’ve played the game I’ve too many times been in a large group of teammates with 2-5 medics and just because I was behind them, they were oblivious to my existence.

I understand that’s what the map is for but people don’t look at their map like they used to.

I’m talking something That flashes or blips on screen. Telling you there are people in need of a medic behind you.

What are your guys’ thoughts on the matter?

Comments

• X_Sunslayer_X
    1482 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    blame the bad UI first. then we can talk about the players
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There are enough clues and hints and whatnot to alert the medic(s). Those that don't help now, won't help if even more things were added. 
  • heresPaul
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It’s not my most played class but I always try my best to get to everyone, even if it compromises my own safety, that’s the whole point of being a medic right? I’ve seen some medics ignore me on the floor though....THANKS MATE don’t want to spoil your kill ratio and scoreboard position now do we?
  • Noodlesocks
    3648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Need to make the request medic/ammo/repair icon as large as the need revive icons but only when the player manually calls for it.
  • Lotusninja_Akira
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 23
    What could be done is changing color of revivable bleed out state in yellow and nearly bleed out soldiers icon to brightfully red to help in prioritisation. Add an option in commo rose and slowdown button to call out medic which would trigger an audio cue and blinking revive needle icon on top of player. When calling out a medic your character would automatically try to slow down blood loss.

I feel that there are players who picks up their class for own preference without an intention to play their role properly (even if it's safe to do). Battlefield V does have a class which main focus is fragging opponents but if one prefers SMGs over automatic rifles they would choose the medic of course due to how primary weapon distribution works between classes. It sucks to see selfish medic when the odds are against you.
    Post edited by Lotusninja_Akira on
  • CPU_UK
    1113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 23
    A decent medic will know who is down, and who needs a bandage without a callout. Alas, BF5's poor gun options made medic class unpopular, so most people just pass through medic as quickly as possible.
  • BassMan_PC
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 24
    I play medic as my main.  There is plenty of information given for situational awareness.  With the hud, map, and audio cues, the only reason they are not reviving or healing is because they don't care.  Getting people to care is the real challenge.
  • MintySSD
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ive just started playing medic more, sometimes i dont know why i bother hahaha i revive were i can and its safe to do so, but hardly get revived when im down.
  • trip1ex
    5231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    electro shock therapy.   mandatory electrodes for all medics.
  • bigiain
    387 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's hard to tell if the medic isn't interested in reviving or just doesn't want to take the risk. 

The class play in general has fallen off a cliff here though, it's not just medics. Every game has a lot of players at the bottom of the scoreboard with terrible scores who have obviously completely avoided the objective and either not used any gadgets or been terrible at it.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 24
    The problem is the games visibility is bad enough without hampering medics even more by having more flashing things on screen.

Medics should not really be in front of everyone else to begin with tbh, if the player plays the class they should be sat behind looking for flankers and keeping their team alive so really it is a player issue, everybody wants direct action.
  • BassMan_PC
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is the games visibility is bad enough without hampering medics even more by having more flashing things on screen.

Medics should not really be in front of everyone else to begin with tbh, if the player plays the class they should be sat behind looking for flankers and keeping their team alive so really it is a player issue, everybody wants direct action.

A good medic not only keeps his team alive, but helps push objectives by providing smoke as cover.  I am an attacking medic.  I do not sit back.  I PTFO and keep my team mates alive while doing so.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    408 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    (Quote)
    A good medic not only keeps his team alive, but helps push objectives by providing smoke as cover.  I am an attacking medic.  I do not sit back.  I PTFO and keep my team mates alive while doing so.

Agree with that, that's what I do too
  • The_BERG_366
    2781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Depends. Problem with the long range medic was that they would almost never revive anyone on flags. If I played assault on bf1 and died in cqb combat no medic would come and save me. They wouldn't even try and kill the opponent to revive. Just sit back in their headglitch and that's it. Hence saying that medics should just be behind to revive is fundamentally flawed. When sitting behind they simply won't revive anyone that is aggressive at all.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    (Quote)

Well yeah I pop smoke for the team to push too, but I use short range guns, try to let the team push and watch their backs, again I don't require instant action, I'm very unselfish, I just watch for them getting flanked and keep them alive while they push, il jump on objectives to help capture but I always try to sit where I can see teammates.

Flashing icons all over the screen isn't answer though, image you are not far away from where a v1 drops and suddenly your screen erupts with flashing icons.

End of the day players are players and most people just want action and even if they know people need revived behind them they won't care because the action is in front of them.
  • Trokey66
    9140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You could add an 'aim assist' for revives and people still wouldn't do it.

Having played a fair bit of BF4 and BF1 recently, both with a large influx of 'new' players, I believe there is little that can be done in game to improve the situation.

Many players just play for kills and not their class role.

A sorry state of affairs.......
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like playing medic and reviving, even stupid ones sometimes, but it's amazing sometimes seeing people hold on for revives even the bravest medics won't risk
  • Celsi_GER
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, let's even more enforce a certain play style on people.
    Suggestion: no primary guns anymore for medics. And 1000 points score for a successful revive.
    And as we are already at it: No primary gun for antitank personal anymore, let's force them to finally deal with the tanks.
  • G-Gnu
    1527 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We should just make this game go away , it needs to be buried deep in a hole and close DICE down.
    Those who did know how to make a game is gone anyway so they maybe should make a change and make mobile games that no one cares about.