Caved and reinstalled

BaronVonGoon
7050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited May 30
After 6+ months off. Probably lots and lots of changes since November. It's hard to stay away from the franchise too long. As disappointing as BFV has been there's still nothing like it.

What are the current meta guns?

I beat Sekiro, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2 and 3, Nioh 1 and 2 the past 6 months lol.

Comments

• AngrySquid270
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly don't see any meta guns.   Sure some guns are certainly more popular than others, but I don't consider those popular guns to be notably better than other options.

In general I feel the guns are pretty decently balanced, though I'd still vote for the Assault SAR's as the best guns in the game.

• VOLBANKER
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I’d say something like this:

Medic: Type 2A, Suomi, Thompson, M3 Grease Gun

Support: BAR, FG-42, shotguns

Assault: SARs, M1907 SF, M2 Carbine maybe

Recon: Model 8, ZH-29

Sidearms: MK IV Revolver, Model 27, M1911, P38, P08, Ruby
  • BaronVonGoon
    7050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »

Weren't all of these considered the worst after the 5.2 patch ?
  • CT1924
    1264 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Also krag and ghewer. And jungle carbine. Lewis gun too.
  • CT1924

Depends on specs. FG42 has a 670 rof, and if you go left and then all right with a 3x scope you are crazy accurate. I disagree with the bar. M1907SF deletes close up and is somewhat accurate. Sym.gg will give you the necessary stats, though.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Still everything with 3x scope without glint, twhich should not have been in the game.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

Still everything with 3x scope without glint, twhich should not have been in the game.
    Do you have this phrase saved as a keyboard shortcut?

And a more serious question did you have the same issue in BF1 as I dont remember the posts?
  • GrizzGolf
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:

That's all I see any game 
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:

And a more serious question did you have the same issue in BF1 as I dont remember the posts?
    Which full automatic with 3x scope without glint laser accurate weapon was in BF1?
    BF1 was far more balanced in everything, not just weapons.

3x scope without glint laser accurate (semi-) automatic weapons is what made BF V a constant Zerg and camp game with frustrating 1 frame deaths at mid range.
    And they are still by far the current meta and strongest weapons in BF V.
  • SirBobdk
    5222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree with @NLBartmaN
    3 x scope for almost all weapons is the worse idea ever. The game becomes a semi sim sniper game.

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Agree with @NLBartmaN
    3 x scope for almost all weapons is the worse idea ever. The game becomes a semi sim sniper game.

Dont disagree and have a reply to his post waiting for approval but I do disagree if you are comparing with BF1 when that game had as many scopes. I mean I reckon there have been more complaints about getting lasered by SMGs(this never happened btw) and these have no scopes(unlike in BF1).

A lot of the complaints are a legacy of the games early life where there were clear visibility issues and a TTD bug, for me much of that has been solved for a while and feel thte differences between the latest two BF games isn't that massive.
  • SirBobdk
    5222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 30
    The two game are very different and hard to compare for many reasons and not just the scopes. BF1 had scopes but not like BFV and it was also easier to use iron sights. I liked to use Iron sight in BF1, especialy with the BA, but in BFV i feel forced to use scopes. A ww2 game where most are using scopes are a little odd imo and do make people shoot from the distance instead of getting in the cap zone.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:

Which full automatic with 3x scope without glint laser accurate weapon was in BF1?
    BF1 was far more balanced in everything, not just weapons.

3x scope without glint laser accurate (semi-) automatic weapons is what made BF V a constant Zerg and camp game with frustrating 1 frame deaths at mid range.
    And they are still by far the current meta and strongest weapons in BF V.
    Well I cant argue that weapons are a bit more accurate in BFV but I definitely dispute laser accurate. If you are using  3x on an  automatic weapon there is plenty of recoil and only good players are lasering people, most out there are struggling to hit 20% of their shots and at 50 +  metres it will be much worse.

As for the SARs again a touch more accurate in BFV but medic rifles with or without scopes are still immensely popular, great at range, and have no glint in BF1.
  • heresPaul
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bren with 3x Scope has hardly any recoil, really underrated
  • InS_Hypno
    573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 30

M1907 is an actual laser beam with some recoil and M2 is the same with less damage and less recoil

BAR is unstoppable in the right hands, FG-42 is pretty good, shotguns are shotguns

For  the Medic class you can add the fast firing ZK and jungle carbine, although they definitely require more skill to use than 2A and Co, they can do a lot of damage in the right hands

The Zh has always been a noob cannon
  • cashm0n3y08
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ZH is really good right now. I'm marginal at recon and even I can get kills with it when using the 3x. Some claim its OP, that's debatable.

The Type 100 for the medic class is the premier "aim down sight" SMG in my opinion as a medic main.
  • CT1924
    Keep in mind that one headshot with the M3 grease gun yields a 2shot kill up close.
  • VOLBANKER
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 31
    I just had a crazy round on Devastation Conquest.

37 kills with MP34 :smiley:

Never killed so many before in a round, I think, and the enemy team had some really good players.

Sorry OP, this was a little OT, but sometimes, if a gun feels perfect to use for you, it’s stats are maybe less important, simply because it fits your playstyle etc. so well.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/gamereport/origin/1266919969364016256?handle=volbanker
  • NuttysKunKs
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MP28 is underrated imo. 50 rounds fast rof and insanely accurate hipfire.

• emerson1975
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I caved in and bought it on pc for 8£
    I thought the cheating was blown out of proportion (I was very wrong)
    The clairvoyance of some of the players is outstanding lol.
    Capping a flag and watching players through a window run directly at you like a moth to a flame is hilarious.
    Then you have these homing grenades that seemingly land one foot from your nice hidden position lol and out of all that ground you use to cap a flag it conveniently lands basically in your lap!
    This game is comedy gold