Why so few people using RSC 1917

2»

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    5173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I’m almost sure you get 90 damage headshots. I could be wrong though.

Yeah but that’s 2 hits regardless. The only time a headshot saves you a bullet is past 70m where the RSC has no business. Headshots let you upset 1v1s with the other classes since almost every medic gun drops to a 2 hit kill with 1 headshot.
  • research-kitchen
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried the RSC without the 200% damage, it was not worth it.  People get upset when you counter snipe them with it. Give it a try.
  • Forkbeard84
    1831 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 4
    (Quote)
    the Avtaomat is hands down THE best gun for slaying in this game (of course the fact that its on the medic is important here as well). i don't see how its supposed to be about supression or defense. those are rather its weaknesses...

By best gun for slaying what do you mean exactly? For just the medic? Its not better up close than the smg 08 is it?

The federov is my go to gun for medic. For me its the best cqc weapon the medic has.
    Post edited by Forkbeard84 on
  • Titan_Awaken
    1181 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's a skill cannon; it greatly rewards those with good aim and patience. However, for better or for worse, more players prefer blasting away with "easier" guns such as the Federov Avtomat (not that there is anything wrong with that) than using the RSC.

I Just don't understand the "skill cannon" tag. Auto .35 for instance is waaaay more of a skill cannon in my mind. Only a 5 round mag and only one kill before reload. 6 shots with the RSC and 3 kills. Better range too. It's the easiest of all the SLRs for me, and I suck. Not trying to be contrary here, but I really need a better explanation why this is revered as a skill cannon. Seems like the RSC in the hands of a truly skilled player would be pretty OP as far as the SLR's go. No?
    It's a high risk-high reward gun. For the most part, it's a 2 shot kill if you can hit your opponents; that right there is what differentiates it from other Medic rifles like the Autoloading or the Liu. The drawback is that it has a RoF slower than most if not all other Medic rifles and it has a mag size of only 6. Yes, 6 bullets is enough to kill 3 enemies but outside of aimbotters I really don't see many players with 100% perfect accuracy.

You could try using the RSC like the Federov but you probably won't get that far. With the Federov, you can afford to miss a couple of shots and still make a comeback due to its large mag size and (relatively) high RoF. You just don't get that same freedom with the RSC; the moment you start missing your shots, the enemy is going to notice you and wipe you out.

The RSC demands accuracy to be at its most effective; it is imperative that you hit both shots consecutively because if you don't, each moment that passes will give your enemy a greater and greater chance of a successful retaliation. At 180 RPM, each bullet missed is 0.333 seconds lost which may seem miniscule or insignificant but the reality is that those lost seconds is just enough to cost you a death. Other weapons such as the Federov are more forgiving. Accuracy isn't demanded but rather encouraged. For average Joe's like me, this gives me a bit more breathing room as I don't feel the need to constantly be on my A-game just to use the weapon to its fullest potential.

Don't get me wrong though, the RSC is still one of the most effective weapons in the entire game, not just the Medic class. There's nothing quite like it to be honest.
  • superdedupe
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 5
    because the selbstlader 1916 marksman is the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Need no DLC for that and it's perfectly viable, barely ever needs to reload and if you shoot it slightly slower than max speed it's actually quite accurate.
  • The_BERG_366
    2723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    the Avtaomat is hands down THE best gun for slaying in this game (of course the fact that its on the medic is important here as well). i don't see how its supposed to be about supression or defense. those are rather its weaknesses...

By best gun for slaying what do you mean exactly? For just the medic? Its not better up close than the smg 08 is it?

The federov is my go to gun for medic. For me its the best cqc weapon the medic has.
    i mean overall the best gun for getting kills. of course the smg08 is better up close but the fedorov is far superior to it on medium and long range. The fedorov is simply very versatile and it is on the medic class which means you have infinite healing as well. 
  • WetFishDB
    2310 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

i mean overall the best gun for getting kills. of course the smg08 is better up close but the fedorov is far superior to it on medium and long range. The fedorov is simply very versatile and it is on the medic class which means you have infinite healing as well. 
    Agree completely.  The Fedorov is also my favourite gun, it's just so flexible. 

Interestingly, I have the about the same KPM with both Federov and the SMG08, but I suspect that's because I've used the Federov at the beginning of rounds, and on quieter maps etc, so the average gets reduced accordingly - whereas I only really play assault to destroy tanks, meaning I'm getting up close and personal with the enemy and rarely wandering around wondering why the enemy won't come out of spawn.
  • Lahoo_Eckbert
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't use it because it feels cheap. 
    Doesn't require much skill to use and it is pretty powerful, thus not as rewarding as using a sniper rifle, or a weaker self loading variant.
    And it is only useful within a certain range and almost completely useless outside.

• MarxistDictator
    5173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Eh it’s a good defensive weapon but on the move it is horrible. I will keep reiterating that the lack of benefit from headshots is a huge detriment compared to the abundance of 3 hit kill SLRs that can also pull 2 hit kills if one hits the head and fire roughly twice as fast or faster than the RSC. Missing/bad hit reg also don’t like this weapon at all. It’s one of the least popular SLRs still.
  • PSJackman4
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is kind of hard to do follow up shots with it because of the recoil, but it is very good. the RSC is one of my primary guns for the medic class. 
  • PackersDK
    872 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't use it because it feels cheap. 
    Doesn't require much skill to use and it is pretty powerful, thus not as rewarding as using a sniper rifle, or a weaker self loading variant.
    And it is only useful within a certain range and almost completely useless outside.

I can’t follow your line of reasoning.

It’s powerful to the point of being a cheap weapon to use, but at the same time it is useless at a certain range. It’s a 2 shot weapon but not as satisfying to use as sniper rifles, who has 1 shot sweet spot mechanic, or kills with 2 shots as well. 

To me you make it sound almost, well... balanced I would say. Some of the other Medic guns are just the reverse of the RSC; they melt people up close, but are fairly useless at long range. How come they are not “cheap”?
  • research-kitchen
    402 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try playing in a 200 damage server, your a medic and a sniper 1 shot kills.