Voice-Chat of Future Bf's

Porter3KK
26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hello
Since voice-chat is rarely used in Bf V ( not speaking of premates, more like the random players )
how about only Squadleader and mby a Commander can use voice chat ( talking of future battlefield games ). I also think alot of players enjoy the freedom in battlefield and its also a come and go game where voice communication often just isnt realistic since there are squads where the players play what they want. Some players play with speakers some with headphones, some with motivation to win the round some wanna have nice bombings runs. Netherless some ppl enjoy the tactical aspects in the game and these ppl are probably also willing to communicate with voice or chatwheel( a more specific/tactical 1 than now ). Mby there would be some sort of rewarding system for motivated squadleader/commanders.(special weapons or Skins ) ( the Commander should be a player aswell, mby with special abilities only he can use.

Comments

• CPU_UK
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE needs to drop the voice, we all use something else, and noobs don't use anything at all.
  • Noodlesocks
    3596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game needs local Voice-Chat. Any one who has played any Battlefield game knows how often you're playing with non-squad members around you and there's just no way to communicate with them effectively. This is especially apparent when playing with randoms and the squad is off doing their own things and it's just you and a bunch of blues on the objective or you're in a vehicle and you have no way of communicating with the other occupants.

Would also help if they brought back squad renaming so you know exactly what kind of squad you're joining before you join it.
  • Lotusninja_Akira
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are players who likes tactical aspects of games but are unable to communicate their actions because lack of non-voice comms. There could be 3D markers, tactical map markers and tactical command wheel for those limited in voicechat. Game could guide newcomers better to know these features. I believe intuitive in-game audio & text tutorials would be best, mandatory boot camp second best. Of course players themselves set their own limits what to do or not to do but game could offer better tools for those who are willing to explore and experience game more :)
  • InS_Hypno
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2
    Game needs local Voice-Chat. Any one who has played any Battlefield game knows how often you're playing with non-squad members around you and there's just no way to communicate with them effectively. This is especially apparent when playing with randoms and the squad is off doing their own things and it's just you and a bunch of blues on the objective or you're in a vehicle and you have no way of communicating with the other occupants.

Would also help if they brought back squad renaming so you know exactly what kind of squad you're joining before you join it.
    Oh yeah it totally wouldn't be a total mess of gibberish that would be abused by trolls in order to be extra obnoxious

Also with the current implementation of voice chat where every time someone talks you because almost deaf to other sounds it would make that extra terrible

I would mute voice chat entirely if it was the case
    Post edited by InS_Hypno on
  • CT1924
    1276 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about the ability to speak to pull up a voice line?
  • Magikf1ngers
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Speaking as someone who uses the in-game voice most of the time with randoms, I don't see a problem with the way it is.  If someone's being annoying - you can mute them, or if you're the squad leader, you can kick them out of your squad.  

Plus - in my experience, probably 3/4 of the time if you start using voice comms, other people either will, or they'll start working together more as a squad.

@Noodlesocks

If you're in a vehicle and nowhere near your squad - maybe you need to re-evaluate how you're using that vehicle, especially if you're not the squad leader.  I can't tell you how annoying it is to have someone in tank on my squad, sitting behind in the spawn, screaming for repairs when the other three of us are out working to cap a point.  I'm not accusing you of that, I don't know you, but at the same time, the way you described that situation it sounds like you're not the one being a team player.

FYI - I feel the same way about snipers in the spawn and not coming out, as well as pilots who do nothing but dogfight and don't contribute to the team on the ground.  I get dog fighting is fun in the air.  However - when you're in a plane, unless it's a bomber you can't be spawned on, you can't cap points, you can't rearm / revive teammates, and if you're dog fighting a lot, you're spending most of your time working on one enemy soldier instead of working towards the win.  

So yeah - voice comms work fine. 
  • trip1ex
    5213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    well good luck with any of it.  

my experience is that stuff will never work on pubs like you want it to work.  

And anyone with an interest in playing the team game and knows BF well enough knows what to do without the need for voice comms.    

• Noodlesocks
    3596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:

Oh yeah it totally wouldn't be a total mess of gibberish that would be abused by trolls in order to be extra obnoxious

Also with the current implementation of voice chat where every time someone talks you because almost deaf to other sounds it would make that extra terrible

I would mute voice chat entirely if it was the case
    Do you have your own suggestions to improve the lack of communication in this game or is what we have now in Battlefield 5 ok with you?
  • Noodlesocks
    Speaking as someone who uses the in-game voice most of the time with randoms, I don't see a problem with the way it is.  If someone's being annoying - you can mute them, or if you're the squad leader, you can kick them out of your squad.  

Plus - in my experience, probably 3/4 of the time if you start using voice comms, other people either will, or they'll start working together more as a squad.

@Noodlesocks

If you're in a vehicle and nowhere near your squad - maybe you need to re-evaluate how you're using that vehicle, especially if you're not the squad leader.  I can't tell you how annoying it is to have someone in tank on my squad, sitting behind in the spawn, screaming for repairs when the other three of us are out working to cap a point.  I'm not accusing you of that, I don't know you, but at the same time, the way you described that situation it sounds like you're not the one being a team player.

FYI - I feel the same way about snipers in the spawn and not coming out, as well as pilots who do nothing but dogfight and don't contribute to the team on the ground.  I get dog fighting is fun in the air.  However - when you're in a plane, unless it's a bomber you can't be spawned on, you can't cap points, you can't rearm / revive teammates, and if you're dog fighting a lot, you're spending most of your time working on one enemy soldier instead of working towards the win.  

Also annoying being in a tank and trying to move with your squad and then everyone goes their separate ways and does their own thing. Or any situation where the squad simply isn't playing together, a situation that is true most of the time when pubbing. Not just in Battlefield 5 but for pretty much every Battlefield game since squads were first introduced to the franchise. It doesn't matter how much one person wants to work together with pubbers, if they want to go do their own thing then they will.

Regardless of that, the simple fact is that there is no way to effectively communicate with anyone outside of your squad. You could be right next to a bunch of teammates and none of them can communicate with each other. Even the communication rose has been stunted in what you can use. In such team work oriented game, the voice chat support just isn't good enough.
  • fragnstein
    794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I can agree with what he says. Plus, you dont want to take away options, rather add or.build upon them
  • Magikf1ngers
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I can agree with what he says. Plus, you dont want to take away options, rather add or.build upon them
    We've had enough options taken away in the BF franchise since BF4.

• mesterKG
    122 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Make squads optional like it was back in the day.. BF2 at least. This will make it more probable that a squad actually want to cooperate. Also spawn only on squad leader promotes coop. These two changes will improve public server squad play, I believe.
  • Magikf1ngers

@Noodlesocks

Also annoying being in a tank and trying to move with your squad and then everyone goes their separate ways and does their own thing. Or any situation where the squad simply isn't playing together, a situation that is true most of the time when pubbing. Not just in Battlefield 5 but for pretty much every Battlefield game since squads were first introduced to the franchise. It doesn't matter how much one person wants to work together with pubbers, if they want to go do their own thing then they will.

Regardless of that, the simple fact is that there is no way to effectively communicate with anyone outside of your squad. You could be right next to a bunch of teammates and none of them can communicate with each other. Even the communication rose has been stunted in what you can use. In such team work oriented game, the voice chat support just isn't good enough.
    While I don't disagree with what you're saying there, I also have - as squad leader - had too many people in tanks and too many snipers that just won't PTFO.  They sit and kill farm instead of contributing to the win.  When it's modes like Breakthrough, etc - where the defending team doesn't have tickets, kill farming from spawn contributes absolutely nothing.  In fact, it more hurts the attacking team than anything because, instead of out working to cap the objective, they're spending time cranking one off back in spawn.

My comment at you - again I meant no offense - was because you seem to say it happens consistently to you.  In my experience, if the tank works with the squad leader, the rest of the squad will fall in and work together (with the exception of the above mentioned coward snipers that won't leave spawn).  That tells me one of two things:  Either you're not PTFO, or your squad isn't communicating, therefore not working together.  Again - in my experience - if you use voice comms and start trying to work with your squad that way with communication, they will work with you.

As far as the rest of it - I get what you're saying, but at the same time, if you had "local comms" - that would get so distracting and chaotic that it would detract from the game, IMHO.  Especially considering the nubs that love to get on there and just be annoying on voice comms with racist rants, stupid music, and all of that kind of garbage.  It'd be a little time consuming to try to find that person on the scoreboard and mute them while you're trying to play a game.  Again - my opinion.  Now - if we could make it so that just squad leaders had this "local comms" - that might be a solution.  Or - a throwback to BF4 - get Commander mode back up so that the Commander can communicate with squad leaders and whatnot from the overhead view.

• Porter3KK
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Local VoiceServer for Vehicles would be very cool indeed. Im thinking of jeeps with at's behind, i do that with my friend sometimes. And plz no local voice server for map. The system now is alrdy good, i just wanna bring new ideas for the next bf cuz i dont think voicecommunication will ever be a big thing in Bf since there is no ranked mode like in cs go. Just unmute all players in a normal cs go match ( 10v10 ) and you might have an idea how it would sound with local voiceservers in bf
  • WebsterHyperion
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Local voice chat perhaps allow the enemy to hear your communications. It can be funny in the games that do incorporate local voice chat, sure you will get some music spammers or trolls but that's what the mute button is for. Squad leader voice chat so the attack and defence of objectives can be coordinated.
  • Noodlesocks
    Porter3KK said:
    Local VoiceServer for Vehicles would be very cool indeed. Im thinking of jeeps with at's behind, i do that with my friend sometimes. And plz no local voice server for map. The system now is alrdy good, i just wanna bring new ideas for the next bf cuz i dont think voicecommunication will ever be a big thing in Bf since there is no ranked mode like in cs go. Just unmute all players in a normal cs go match ( 10v10 ) and you might have an idea how it would sound with local voiceservers in bf

It used to be really useful before the game went multiplat. The old PC exclusive games let folk rename their squads so you only had to look for appropriately named squads for the experience you wanted and made it easier for other language speakers to play with people who could understand them. Probably not such a big issue in USA but in Europe you'd have a whole bunch of different countries playing on a server and being able to find English or French or German squads was incredibly useful.
  • Magikf1ngers
    Porter3KK said:

It used to be really useful before the game went multiplat. The old PC exclusive games let folk rename their squads so you only had to look for appropriately named squads for the experience you wanted and made it easier for other language speakers to play with people who could understand them. Probably not such a big issue in USA but in Europe you'd have a whole bunch of different countries playing on a server and being able to find English or French or German squads was incredibly useful.
    Yeah, that was a good feature.  Just another one that was taken away.
  • trip1ex
    5213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

That's a common misconception.  IT's called bloat when you think that you never want to take away options but only add to them.  

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

IF and only IF there's a way to block and to report voice chat.  I really don't want to hear white-supremacist propaganda when I walk next to someone.
  • Magikf1ngers
    trip1ex said:

That's a common misconception.  IT's called bloat when you think that you never want to take away options but only add to them.  

I get wanting to remove UNUSED options, but taking away popular ones is just asinine.