Summer update

VOLBANKER
1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited June 3
Will the Summer update contain any weapon/vehicle balancing?

@Braddock512 @PartWelsh

Comments

• Terminator000001
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3

Vehicles

New Vehicles:

• A-20 bomber (U.S. Faction)

• P-70 Night Fighter (U.S. Faction)

• P-51D fighter plane (U.S. Faction)

• P-51K fighter plane (U.S. Faction)

• M8 Greyhound (U.S. Faction)

• Puma Armored Car (German Faction)

Additional Changes:

• Improved the transition to ragdoll when players die in a vehicle and made it so the vehicle/wreck is followed for the victim to make it a more interesting experience.

• Fixed an issue with the Hachi that was causing it not to steer as well as intended when moving at higher speeds.

• Smoke screen weapons on tanks and airplanes now properly block spots, and name tags.

• Fixed a bug that would cause the vehicle UI to show an incorrect position of the cannon, if the player had used it, and then switched seats.

• AA guns now suppress on the same level as other vehicle MGs.

Planes

• 500lb bombs now have lowered blast damage, and increased irreparable damage to make it a two-pass kill.

BF-109 G2

• Specialization tree changes to compete with P51K.

• Start loadout includes spotting flares and 2x50kg bombs.

• Engine or gun upgrade at tier 1.

• Defensive options or finned barrels at tier 2.

• Ground attack options or leading edge for tier 3.

• Finally some less critical upgrades for tier 4.

BF-109 G6

• Specialization tree changes to compete with P51D.

• Start loadout includes nitrous, smoke, and 2x rockets.

• Explosion protection or gun upgrade at tier 1.

• Defensive options or finned barrels at tier 2.

• Ground attack options or leading edge for tier 3.

• Nitrous now functions in the same way as the super charger for the Pacific planes.

• Finally some less critical upgrades for tier 4.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/203155/battlefield-v-summer-update-notes#latest

Unless Dice does some ninja changes, again, or breaks something, again, that´s all it seems. 
  • CT1924
    1264 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't shermans have more specializations than something like s Panzer 4?
  • Terminator000001
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, they do. But it seems so far that the americans won't have a heavy tank, unless Dice simply gives them the Churchill.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    CT1924 said:
    That's a big question but I guess if nothing else is mentioned we will have 6 specs Shermans and 6 specs Corsairs against 4 specs german vehicles.
  • Terminator000001
    (Quote)
    That's a big question but I guess if nothing else is mentioned we will have 6 specs Shermans and 6 specs Corsairs against 4 specs german vehicles.

There will be Mustangs coming for europe. And both Bf109s get a rebalance.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Well Sherman is still 6 specs against any german tank. Also it seems that both Puma and Greyhound are 4 specs. Unless Sherman is balanced differently in EU maps it will cause some imbalanced stuff.
  • Terminator000001
    I wouldn't be even surprised that Dice goes the lazy way and keeps the british tanks as they were and only add/change the planes.
  • VOLBANKER
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Terminator000001 Thanks :) I meant other balancing changes than those mentioned in the update notes, for example to SAA and FF.
  • Terminator000001
    Found nothing so far. But wouldn't be surprised about some other ninja changes. 🦆
  • almothana11
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:

We'll have to wait until the update comes out before judging this but I doubt Shermans will have an upper hand against German tanks
    What does a Sherman have that a Panzer 4 doesn't have?
    Engine upgrade, Zoom optics, 10% more fire-rate etc...
    It doesn't seem a big advantage to me
    and ofc Shermans wouldn't win a 1v1 fight against a Tiger
  • SirBobdk
    5222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Hahahaha more fighters people wont use.
  • IIMechatronikII
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    I'm almost sure, that some planes or tanks will be OP. Not to mention about guns and gadgets. It's too big update and also it's also Dice. They have to fq up something with another update.
    Maybe they fixed SAA, MAA or FF. Many times they made big changes and they didn't mention about that in Patch Notes.

I'm quite happy and curious, that we will get new update, but I'm also sad, because it's last content update. It's truly the end of Battlefield V. 
  • Porter3KK
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Plz dice i beg you please dear dice ceo lord MAKE NEW MAPS for this beautiful game. I mean i will buy the next bf anyway but still
  • cashm0n3y08
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So they are resetting the specialization tree for the 109. Does that mean everyone goes back to Level 1 for the 109? Because if that's not the case, P51 pilots are going to be at a disadvantage at first. And is it only for the new maps? Because if it's not then they will also have to reset and tweak the specialization tree for the Spitfires. 
  • CT1924
    (Quote)

But still 4 specs.
  • cashm0n3y08
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Having planes on the top desert map doesn't seem like a good idea, it looks rather small, there's bottleneck points where bombers can get multi-kills, and AA range is so long that it will cover the entire map, rather the bottom map looks like the map to have planes on, yet I don't see any. Just my opinion. 
  • CT1924
    (Quote)
    We'll have to wait until the update comes out before judging this
    but I doubt Shermans will have an upper hand against German tanksWhat does a Sherman have that a Panzer 4 doesn't have?

But a Sherman vs a Panzer IV?
  • IIMechatronikII
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    (Quote)
    We'll have to wait until the update comes out before judging this
    but I doubt Shermans will have an upper hand against German tanksWhat does a Sherman have that a Panzer 4 doesn't have?

But a Sherman vs a Panzer IV?
    We will see. Tomorrow, I will add some videos about that. (Pazner 4 AT vs Sherman AT etc).
  • SirBobdk
    5222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Having planes on the top desert map doesn't seem like a good idea, it looks rather small, there's bottleneck points where bombers can get multi-kills, and AA range is so long that it will cover the entire map, rather the bottom map looks like the map to have planes on, yet I don't see any. Just my opinion. 
    Do they even have planes.? Cant see any slots.
    Al Marj look like a narrow cluster map where one team losses all but one flag.
    Provence looks interesting. Cant judge the size. Seems a little like Arras.