Summer update

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Do they even have planes.? Cant see any slots.Al Marj look like a narrow cluster map where one team losses all but one flag.
    Provence looks interesting. Cant judge the size. Seems a little like Arras.

Al Marj is infantry only.

Edit: also Chauchat!
  • SirBobdk
    5219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Maybe they fixed SAA, MAA or FF. Many times they made big changes and they didn't mention about that in Patch Notes.

Hope so. But Its also ok if we get it later. Most importent is that they get it right and not just use the sledge hammer again and turn the balance in the wrong way once more making it no fun for infantry players.
    Both air and ground should find it fun and balanced.
  • CT1924
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Do they even have planes.? Cant see any slots.Al Marj look like a narrow cluster map where one team losses all but one flag.

But the buildings can't be destroyed as much, and the town has fewer entrances on main bridges that are easier to defend.
  • IIMechatronikII
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:

Do they even have planes.? Cant see any slots.
    Al Marj look like a narrow cluster map where one team losses all but one flag.

I might be wrong but:

-Al Marj Encampment is small clusterf.. map without vehicles. Maybe some transport like in Marite. It's also linear map, so in my opinion this map will be unbalanced
    - Provence is average size map. I'm surprised that they add 4 tanks (per side?) on this map. This map will not get planes. Again pretty lazy move from DICE
  • Porter3KK
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh god nice thank you
  • Terminator000001
    971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    (Quote)
    That's a big question but I guess if nothing else is mentioned we will have 6 specs Shermans and 6 specs Corsairs against 4 specs german vehicles.

There will be Mustangs coming for europe. And both Bf109s get a rebalance.

Hahahaha more fighters people wont use.
    I will. 🦆

I don´t give a damn about AA´s. I want my dogfights. 

Having planes on the top desert map doesn't seem like a good idea, it looks rather small, there's bottleneck points where bombers can get multi-kills, and AA range is so long that it will cover the entire map, rather the bottom map looks like the map to have planes on, yet I don't see any. Just my opinion. 
    The desert map will be infantry only. 

CT1924 said:
    Don't shermans have more specializations than something like s Panzer 4?

We'll have to wait until the update comes out before judging this but I doubt Shermans will have an upper hand against German tanks
    What does a Sherman have that a Panzer 4 doesn't have?
    Engine upgrade, Zoom optics, 10% more fire-rate etc...
    It doesn't seem a big advantage to me
    and ofc Shermans wouldn't win a 1v1 fight against a Tiger
    The Sherman can have an upgraded main cannon. 

And a Staghound is already able to beat a Tiger. I wouldn´t hold my breath on that. 
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's cool they add iconic fighters
    Could be cool if we could actualy fly them ...
    If no AA / fliegerfaust nerf vs fighters comes with this patch, it will be bomber paradise ... 

• ElliotLH
    9338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I will. 🦆

I don´t give a damn about AA´s. I want my dogfights.

Same. I'm looking forwards to giving them a spin.
  • SirBobdk
    5219 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Terminator000001
    @ElliotLH
    So will I. Fighters have been my favorite class and I would guess I can still do good even after the buff of AA, 
    Have not tried it, since I got the chance of using the Stuka and Mosquito without having to worrie about fighters.
    It has been a nice change, but when I get tired I will return to fighters.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can't complain I guess.

2 new maps and 6 more guns is nice.

I'm glad Provence is becoming 64 players. Although the outer areas I'm pretty sure are just open fields with a couple of houses, like Twisted Steel. I'll stick to the village area similar to Sinai Desert.

Any of these guns interesting?
  • ElliotLH
    edited June 3
    @Terminator000001
    @ElliotLH So will I. Fighters have been my favorite class and I would guess I can still do good even after the buff of AA, 
    Have not tried it, since I got the chance of using the Stuka and Mosquito without having to worrie about fighters.

I saw you mention that you've been using those recently so I'm glad you're having fun with them. I'm sure that you'll do well when you do come back to the fighters as well man.

*Edit: Thinking about it I wonder how this will affect the maps where it's still UK vs GER?
  • Terminator000001
    971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    @Terminator000001
    @ElliotLH
    So will I. Fighters have been my favorite class and I would guess I can still do good even after the buff of AA, 
    I haven´t played much in general the last few weeks. But I can´t give up what I love. And that are planes and the act of flying. 🦆

I just wish bombers were never introduced in Battlefield. They were a mistake. I already said that, when people were crying for that since BF3. If Dice would´ve actually listened for once, then maybe we wouldn´t be here, where we´re now. We can at least hope that Dice won´t put bombers ever again in a Battlefield. 
  • ElliotLH
    (Quote)
    I haven´t played much in general the last few weeks. But I can´t give up what I love. And that are planes and the act of flying. 🦆

I just wish bombers were never introduced in Battlefield. They were a mistake. I already said that, when people were crying for that since BF3. If Dice would´ve actually listened for once, then maybe we wouldn´t be here, where we´re now. We can at least hope that Dice won´t put bombers ever again in a Battlefield. 

To be honest I've not played much myself either unfortunately, just a few matches here and there but c'est la vie.

I agree that bombers have caused a lot of issue but it's obviously too late now to change that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they do with the next game, but I can see them including them again.
  • JediMastaWyn
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 3
    I saw on the YouTube reports that Twisted steel and panzerstorm are being repurposed for the Americans. Is this a map re imagining like time of day, weather etc or just throwing the brits off? Not sure how I feel about that 

Secondly why no content for the allies, where's the typhoon fighter bomber or Focke-wulf 190 for axis
  • doctorrocktor
    1951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I take it we will now have shermans on panzerstorm.
  • doctorrocktor
    1951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Add a bit of snow to panzerstorm,make it feel a bit like the bulge.
  • Noodlesocks
    3593 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Happy to see the return of Al Soondan to the playlist.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Happy to see the return of Al Soondan to the playlist.
    I have a feeling tomorrow Pacific playlist will be replaced with "western front" one with all new and updated maps.
  • Nic727_1
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why we still don't have Assault weapon for Japan?
  • CrashCA
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No mention of RSP, will check back, gtg