So they're not changing that squad spawn back?

Matty101yttam
1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Had a look at the patch notes and there's nothing in there about changing the squad spawn back to how it was.
Pity, really hope they do away with that zoom in trash for the next game to avoid all the issues it causes.

Comments

• Plucky6922
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they don't change it back.
    Hated players spawning in on someone I am shooting/just killed.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    358 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Plucky6922 wrote: »
    I hope they don't change it back.
    Hated players spawning in on someone I am shooting/just killed.

Agree its good now. Last I wanted to spawn on my friend, I selected him the game zoom in on him and he died. Think about it if I spawned behind him, dead too☠
  • DaMutha1
    1437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's really a minimal issue, I hope they address more fundamental things like THE DOORS DON'T OPEN ON UNDERGROUND CONQUEST ANYMORE!
  • Celsi_GER
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As we learned from the latest TTK mess-up in November: It takes months until they admit that they were wrong, and then again months until they fix it.
    IF they ever fix it.
  • Matty101yttam
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's the zoom in that's your problem, squad spawn was fine.
    Now they're effectively removed the ability to spawn on people 75% of the time, and 75% is as good as useless in a game like this.
    They need to remove that fly in trash, then you aren't waiting all that time to spawn in.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like the new system more than the previous one but in my circle of friends I am the only one of about 10.

In my case spawning in was probably some 50% of my deaths (prob incorrect but it's how it felt). Every time I died I felt like I got two to three spawn in deaths to look forward to before I'd be 'in play' again. Now, it is happening but not nearly as often. Yes, I also find it annoying to get 'called back' but I have also many times cursed DICE for allowing some ridiculous spawns righ into a swarm of bullets.

One part of the 'called back' thing is that you get kind of slapped by the game which more or less tells you that you did a bad choice and are an idiot. I can see many having a problem with that.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    358 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    It's really a minimal issue, I hope they address more fundamental things like THE DOORS DON'T OPEN ON UNDERGROUND CONQUEST ANYMORE!

They will, only in normal conquest, not in grind conquest
  • JamieCurnock
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's very annoying to keep being sent back to the spawn screen as it's "not safe" to spawn on your team mate but it's unfortunately the lesser of two evils.

I agree that someone spawning on someone you just killed who then kills you is more annoying so to me this is the best compromise for that issue.
  • Celsi_GER
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's just another mindless attempt to soften BF for the casuals and whiners - and now it backfires, as usual.
  • sabersun
    153 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    It's just another mindless attempt to soften BF for the casuals and whiners - and now it backfires, as usual.

It only backfired to the few people having a problem with it. :-)