credit where credit is due

X_Sunslayer_X
1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
having played the new provence map for the better part of the day today i have to comment on it now. the map feels great and plays even better, easily the current best map in the game for me at least.
have to say good job DICE,

Comments

• GrizzGolf
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its a really great map 
  • ProAssassin2003
    3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lots of wasted space.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Great map, feels like real Battlefield.
  • CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The windmill is so nostalgic. Love the map.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I played it for a while today, really enjoy the map, one of the few maps in BFV that actually feels like Battlefield.
  • Blackidus
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 5
    Great map, both tank and infantry gameplay whas really good, might be the lack of planes that made it fun.

Panzerstorm however whas awefull last night, the new american bomber toghether with a P-51 with rockets, I could not even get past our gimmie flags with my Tiger tank.
    And with the classical BFV balancing our team had 3-4 more players and we still could not get to flags quick enough because all our wehicles where so quickly taken out.
    But I think I want to try them myself before I say anything about a nerf, they might just had good pilots.

And I still havent touched all those awesome new weaponds, Chauchat is a beast :)
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1458 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lots of wasted space.

the space is needed tough for tankers to maneuver. or do you want every alleyway in the town area clogged up with a tank slugging away?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I joined late in the match for Provence.  I enjoyed it as USA faction.  Took forever before I got killed.  BF5 felt easy compared to playing Rainbow Six Siege peaker's.  But next match when we switched sides.
      Seemed the match dragged on forever.  Was a close match for how long.  Then bam, we were losing by 90 tickets.  Seems to many tickets for each round gets stale after a while.  Yeah DICE has plenty of tickets since 64 players in the game.  Everyone wants their chance at a ton of kills.  But can burn you out playing a few rounds of BF5.
    No wonder I took a break from the franchise.  Seems to be work to play it.  I was 6 place before I left the match to go eat supper since it was late.  Time went fast yesterday for gaming for me.  I must of spent like three hours or so playing Cities Skylines.
    I bought the DLC Industries.  That's fun.  Then played some Rainbow Six Siege.  Then I figured I had my XBOX get the BF5 update installed early.  So gave that a try.  I might try the other new map today.
  • Matty101yttam
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Felt like the closest thing to a bf map we've had in a while.
    When you design a map around mid range weapons magic happens.
  • VXBronsonXV
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:

yes it is cause its from bf1 like many other objects.they walked on the straightest line.copy -paste
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    CT1924 said:

yes it is cause its from bf1 like many other objects.they walked on the straightest line.copy -paste
    Most if not all games use assets from previous titles or maps.

Why spend a dozen hours or more designing buildings,  texturing them,  creating destruction physics and animation when they likely already have a library of assets that are already on hand and ready to go?

It makes no sense.

Also,  FYI,  Its not just DICE that takes minor shortcuts with maps and using assets more than once.

AVP ( Rebellion ) used assets multiple times from the campaign to be used in multiplayer.

Gearbox used assets from borderlands in Aliens Colonial Marines,  Red dead redemption 2 uses assets from red dead 1.

Bad company 2 reused assets a LOT,  BF3's collapsible buildings were reused a lot too,  As were BF1's.

This is not a new thing,  This is how many many game developers develop their games and by "copy pasting assets" they can fill the map more to give it a more "lived in" feel rather than spending hours upon hours of development time concentrating on buildings rather than concentrating on the actual design of the map.

Plus you have to consider that this update was made pretty much remotely due to the covid pandemic so theres also that too.

• Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's a really good map and a real shame they didn't do this way back when it was first released.
  • GenesisMD5745
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Great map. First time playing it, I was able to spawn in the Greyhound and had a blast with it. Went about 43 to 5 or something going from objective to objective. Had some good tank battles but surprisingly I was rarely damaged by Assaults. I guess most stayed in the town area.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    the space is needed tough for tankers to maneuver. or do you want every alleyway in the town area clogged up with a tank slugging away?

The fields could use one more flag on the left if you're staring at the map spawn screen. Obviously moving out the Base camps further. Other then that it's a good map.
  • BlackWidow88x
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You have armor fighting for the outside objectives and infantry fighting for the town. Feels balanced at the moment.