Everyone is Getting Better

Forkbeard84
1835 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Seems to me we had an infusion of Corona newbs who are not such newbs anymore.  I was having fun sluicing some of them for awhile.  But the competition seems tougher these days.  

Comments

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    .... lol
  • Forkbeard84
    .... lol
    You got censored for that?  wow.

• MarxistDictator
    5176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can thank BF V for BF1 getting a resurgence. They clearly lost all the talent that made this game great.
  • BigWoofWoof
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm seeing a sh1tload of new players, plus the 150 brigade are out in force, at least 5/6 max rank in every game I play these days. You need to be absolutely at your best, or get wrecked.
  • Forkbeard84
    (Quote)

I've noticed that too. Definitely need to be on your "A" game these days. I'm just thankful the game is still alive and somewhat thriving? Hope it stays this way for a good long time. It also helps and I'm happy DICE is at least throwing us a bone with weekly rotations, keeping up with the exchange etc.

Yeah Im glad we got the weekly ops rotation and exchange. I wish they’d bring back community missions.
    You can thank BF V for BF1 getting a resurgence. They clearly lost all the talent that made this game great.

True that some of the new player influx came from players not liking or not wanting to play BF5. My son makes me play BF5 with him. I was on last night getting owned and just grinding my teeth till I could get back to BF1.
  • disposalist
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I'm not seeing players getting better EU/PC. I'm seeing more players that give up easily and more that choose sniper when we need flags and more that moan about 'hackers' when there are none (though there are perhaps more cheaters) and more that camp and ....

Or maybe I'm just more grumpy, these days hehe
  • Forkbeard84
    edited June 8
    I'm not seeing players getting better EU/PC. I'm seeing more players that give up easily and more that choose sniper when we need flags and more that moan about 'hackers' when there are none (though there are perhaps more cheaters) and more that camp and ....

Grumpy?  Join the club.  Yeah, you do still see the sniper fests beginning the end.  That whole going sniper dynamic is a real thing and you can see it when the scouts gather in the game.   

Well, you really tried to help them win, but now its time to switch teams and enjoy a nice stomp on your idiot scout former teammates.    :-)

Still plenty of people doing ill advised things.   Yesterday, saw a  guy prone in the middle of a big road out in the front of his squad just staying prone out in the open.    And people still running tanks straight in and dying right away.  Maybe they get one kill?  

But another guy limpeted my horse today! Limpeting a horse is hard.  And everyone seems to know how to counter the horse now.   Many of the players are shooting something at my horse or throwing grenades and cannon fire my way.  I used to be able to run more freely. 

There just seems like there are getting to be more trained or experienced players out there.  Still plenty of idiocracy out there but I imagine down the road, the trend will be towards better play. 

• WetFishDB
    2310 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 10

Grumpy?  Join the club.  Yeah, you do still see the sniper fests beginning the end.  That whole going sniper dynamic is a real thing and you can see it when the scouts gather in the game.   

Well, you really tried to help them win, but now its time to switch teams and enjoy a nice stomp on your idiot scout former teammates.    :-)

Still plenty of people doing ill advised things.   Yesterday, saw a  guy prone in the middle of a big road out in the front of his squad just staying prone out in the open.    And people still running tanks straight in and dying right away.  Maybe they get one kill?  

But another guy limpeted my horse today! Limpeting a horse is hard.  And everyone seems to know how to counter the horse now.   Many of the players are shooting something at my horse or throwing grenades and cannon fire my way.  I used to be able to run more freely. 

There just seems like there are getting to be more trained or experienced players out there.  Still plenty of idiocracy out there but I imagine down the road, the trend will be towards better play. 

Agree, played a few rounds last night where they were constantly lying on their bellys with LMGs or Sniping and found themselves steadily pushed back.  There were two platoons, both with 7 or 8 members in it on the opposite team, and they all did exactly the same thing.  Very bizarre, its like players just resign themselves to the loss.

Over time though, people will find other games and those that remain will likely be the more die-hard ones who (generally) play much better.
    Post edited by WetFishDB on
  • ashar_saleem121
    1345 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 12
    I honestly dont like games that are super sweaty that often. I just want to use weapons that are harder to use, but when a platoon of medics are all running the Federov, I know that I have to follow suit even if I dont want to. If my team could hold their own, I might be able to get away with it. Unfortunately that rarely happens.

I usually have a win/loss around 70 and a KPM around 1.3 or 1.4. Pretty relaxed gameplay. But lately it's been more like this.

3.7KD, 2.01KPM win 3 loss 3

3.42 KD 1.95KPM win 2 loss 3

2.9KD 1.59kpm win 2 lose 3

4.0KD 1.76kpm win 1 lose 1

Super sweaty without much luck by way of competent team mates

Not really my style. I prefer a more relaxed time.

The annoying thing is the wins are also super one sided.
  • disposalist
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Tried a few games of Ops.

No. Everyone is not getting better.

A game mode where objectives play is even more important really shows that up.

Frustrating as ever.

Played for hours and got one BP.  Didn't get a piece of the only thing I have left to collect, the Russian Axe.

Remembered why I gave up on it before.  No way I'm playing the dozens more hours of Ops I need to to get 4 pieces of the Axe...
  • ashar_saleem121
    1345 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Frustrating as ever.

Played for hours and got one BP.  Didn't get a piece of the only thing I have left to collect, the Russian Axe.

Remembered why I gave up on it before.  No way I'm playing the dozens more hours of Ops I need to to get 4 pieces of the Axe...

If you were on PS4 I would team up and power through to get the Axe (it's the last puzzle piece I need). Unfortunately I dont own a PC
  • Ronin9572
    1221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Frustrating as ever.

It must be different on PC compared to PS4. I only get to play 1-3hrs a day and I can usually get a BP everyday. But it can be a struggle if I'm on the team getting wrecked map after map. Occasionally I'll team switch but I swear over half the time I do I end up on the losing team!
  • BigWoofWoof
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played on Xbox for an hour tonight, man, so many 150 max rank dudes on, at least 5/6 on each team, got absolutely scudded in Sinai tonight, tanks, planes, bombers, just horrific, we got spawn camped at A (British) not pleasant. :dizzy:
  • Forkbeard84
    edited June 17
    Yeah it's just a dumb ax anyways.  Operation modes take a lot of time.  Last night took me 5 and a half hours to get my two ops packs. 

I think there are 5 different puzzles offered by the ops packs including the russian axe.  You always get one puzzle piece per ops pack.   So to get all 5 of the same type of puzzle pieces to complete a given puzzle, it will take on the average of 25  battle packs  5*5 or something like that.  Some puzzles will get built early and some will get built late.   Many will hit close to the average.  

A month of grinding packs more or less.  Haha.
    Post edited by Forkbeard84 on
  • ronybaloney
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wow. A 5 1/2 hour session of BF1?? Nice!
    Between work and fighting the kids for PS4 time, I don't think I've ever played more than 3 hours in the 3+ years I've played BF1.
    I'm jealous of you Forkbeard!! :):):'(:'(
  • Forkbeard84
    Haha thanks Rony.   Dont be too jealous of me as I think I'm more of a degenerate that needs to get another hobby or something.  :-)

• PackersDK
    874 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah it's just a dumb ax anyways.  Operation modes take a lot of time.  Last night took me 5 and a half hours to get my two ops packs. 

I think there are 11 different puzzles total?  Each ops pack gives a puzzle piece.  To get 5 of the same type of puzzle pieces to complete a given puzzle, it will take on the average of 55 battle packs  5*11 or something like that.  Some puzzles will get built early and some will get built late.   Many will hit close to the average.  

A month of grinding packs for sure.  Haha.

You forget the packs you can buy yourself.  Especially if you scrap alot of stuff.  I’ve never kept a Squad XP boost in my entire BF1 career. Puzzle Piece doublets are also 270 when scrapped. And well, weapon skins you get what they’re worth. 

Last night I openned 50 Superior BPs (been saving up) , and for all the stuff I scrapped, I could buy 55 Enhanced BPs.

I like Enhanced BPs. They’re half the price of Superior, but I have a feeling the drop rate of Puzzle Pieces are better than 50% compared to Superior packs. So unless you’re chasing some Epic skin, it might be worth it buying Enhanced packs.
  • Forkbeard84
    edited June 17
    PackersDK wrote: »
    (Quote)
    You forget the packs you can buy yourself.  Especially if you scrap alot of stuff.  I’ve never kept a Squad XP boost in my entire BF1 career. Puzzle Piece doublets are also 270 when scrapped. And well, weapon skins you get what they’re worth. 

Last night I openned 50 Superior BPs (been saving up) , and for all the stuff I scrapped, I could buy 55 Enhanced BPs.

I like Enhanced BPs. They’re half the price of Superior, but I have a feeling the drop rate of Puzzle Pieces are better than 50% compared to Superior packs. So unless you’re chasing some Epic skin, it might be worth it buying Enhanced packs.

All good ways for getting most puzzles. And I think the enhanced packs give better value then the superior packs too.

Now for the Russian Axe, I think you can only get that with the ops packs. I edited my original post for clarity on that.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just redownload this for the first time in well over a year mainly to check my puzzle pieces and as I thought I have them all. I got them inside my first 250 hours of playtime.