Everyone is Getting Better

Comments

• disposalist
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited June 17
    PackersDK wrote: »
    (Quote)
    You forget the packs you can buy yourself.  Especially if you scrap alot of stuff.  I’ve never kept a Squad XP boost in my entire BF1 career. Puzzle Piece doublets are also 270 when scrapped. And well, weapon skins you get what they’re worth. 

Last night I openned 50 Superior BPs (been saving up) , and for all the stuff I scrapped, I could buy 55 Enhanced BPs.

I like Enhanced BPs. They’re half the price of Superior, but I have a feeling the drop rate of Puzzle Pieces are better than 50% compared to Superior packs. So unless you’re chasing some Epic skin, it might be worth it buying Enhanced packs.

All good ways for getting most puzzles. And I think the enhanced packs give better value then the superior packs too.

Now for the Russian Axe, I think you can only get that with the ops packs. I edited my original post for clarity on that.
    I have well over 200,000 scraps. Would love to buy the Russian Axe just to satisfy my completionist OCD-like tendencies, but no, you can't.

Tried a few more hours of Ops. Get 2 BPs. One didn't have a puzzle piece at all. The other had a piece of the Russian.... Knife.... GAH!

I am NOT going to play any more Ops. The lack of PTFO is infuriating.
  • Ronin9572
    1221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Wow. A 5 1/2 hour session of BF1?? Nice!
    Between work and fighting the kids for PS4 time, I don't think I've ever played more than 3 hours in the 3+ years I've played BF1.I'm jealous of you Forkbeard!! :):):'(:'(

Lol, I hear you when it comes to having to fight the kids for the PS4! One of these days I'll finish off the basement and have my man cave and the kids can have the old PS4 upstairs!
  • ashar_saleem121
    1345 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I have well over 200,000 scraps. Would love to buy the Russian Axe just to satisfy my completionist OCD-like tendencies, but no, you can't.

Tried a few more hours of Ops. Get 2 BPs. One didn't have a puzzle piece at all. The other had a piece of the Russian.... Knife.... GAH!

But just think of the feeling of elation when you finally DO complete the axe.
  • disposalist
    8916 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    (Quote)

But just think of the feeling of elation when you finally DO complete the axe.
    Won't happen. Can't stomach that much Ops.
  • Forkbeard84
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 17
    I understand on all the ops time commitment.  It doesn't matter at all and it really is a waste of time.  But I do have fun with it as I waste my life away.  

Haha actually thinking on this I cant' believe how much better I've gotten at the assault class.  I mostly ran tanks and horses and supporting classes for the first couple of years.  When I got to 100 on the heavy I thought I was done with the game.  Quit for a few months then came back as a corona newb assault.  I never would have dreamed I could play assault without getting mostly slaughtered myself. 

Been grinding ops for battlepacks because I want to get all the skins now?  Don't really understand it. 

Assaults can rush in or they can sneak and flank.    Its fun to come up on the enemy from the side where he doesn't notice you at first.   :-)

Running in is fun too, its got to be timed just right to rush in on a group of enemies, take out a key killer or two, likely die but hopefully get picked up by those running in behind you.  Sometimes you just die but at least you get a good look around in the kill cam.

And support class with ammo, rocket launcher and parabellum can do cqc great too.  I got mvp last night in a Monte Grappa ops.   Played  support and assault, shot down a bomber with 4 for 4 rocket launcher shots.  Then flanked my way up to the top turrets and  helped clear out the tunnels of  a couple enemies with the smg 08 and gas.  Jumped into the fortress gun and lucky timed it just before the enemy wave came in.  I got a good look around with the gun spamming the spot button. The team held the turret bunker for quite awhile.  Got more than 10 kills and took out two crazy  tankers dat got too close. And then somehow blew up a plane who kamikazed me and died while i got the kills and a little damage.  Finally got killed out of the turret and switched to support  with burton and ammo crate AND ammo pouch.  Ran around in the bunker spamming ammo and gas grenades and burton fire every which way and our team just kept the enemy out for a long time.

Eventually the enemy pushed us but they had to burn an attack to do so.  As I'm running away, I see a gigantic blimp in the sky.  Why its an enemy airship.    Its mother effing huge!  I run behind a nice rock outcropping down the side of the hill.  Slap the burton into flame rounds and start taking the behemoth down between 50 and 90 or so damage with every 20 shot volley.  Reload, repeat for awhile.  Just missed killing the darn thing.  I run out of the way as the airship comes crashing down in a flaming, screaming, mass of  steel and smoke.   Our team is now at ABC defending and we still have the last turret on the hill at B but its getting pushed as is A.  I run up to the side of A and manage to clear out a guy on the aa gun and another, a medic off to the side of the trench.   We recapture A,  I go prone to rocket a plane and get caught with my rocket out and killed. We get pushed again after a hard fight and now we are in 2cnd to last sector defending A and B on Grappa.  A has the tunnel bunker while B is in the big gully.  Ran in behind A and set up  in the hall prone up front (and sometimes in the back) with buddies supplying  me.  Throwing out AT rocket, at grenades, gas and smg 08 optical bullets.    Got killed sometimes but got lots and lots of rocket, grenade, gas and a few bullet kills.  Took out one light tank. We outlasted the enemy attack and the last fresh wave of enemies came at us again along with a bloody airship.  We somehow held on again with me helping to defend the long hall at A while the enemy seemed happy to keep grinding against us.

I rarely get mvp on ops.  Thinking back on it, it was just one  glorious game that came together in the right way for my play style.

It was glorious.  :-)

Post edited by Forkbeard84 on
  • ashar_saleem121
    1345 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Or.....counterpoint.....imagine if you did
  • disposalist
    (Quote)

Or.....counterpoint.....imagine if you did
    I dont like to imagine myself in that much anguish, it's upsetting.
  • ashar_saleem121
    (Quote)
    I dont like to imagine myself in that much anguish, it's upsetting.

As Harvey Dent once said, "The night is darkest, just before the dawn"
  • ronybaloney
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Great read, Forky. Thanks for sharing the glorious battle. Put a smile on my face.
    I don't play a lot of Ops, but I think getting MVP on Ops would be something to feel pretty damn good about.

• Forkbeard84
    Great read, Forky. Thanks for sharing the glorious battle. Put a smile on my face.
    I don't play a lot of Ops, but I think getting MVP on Ops would be something to feel pretty damn good about.

Thanks for reading and commenting Rony. I slept good last night dreaming of that game. :-)
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1023 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Completely on topic I'd say players aren't getting better. Playing the objective isn't the objective for most of the players I've come across since downloading.

I've been in one squad that gave orders and had an order followed extremely rarely.

I'm sure there are plenty of experienced players that are better I just haven't been carried by them yet.
  • Ronin9572

Thanks for reading and commenting Rony. I slept good last night dreaming of that game. :-)

I bumped into this morning on Monte Grappa, more like you killed me on A flag, lol. It's just nice seeing ppl from the forums in game!
  • Forkbeard84
    edited June 19
    Ronin9572 wrote: »

I bumped into this morning on Monte Grappa, more like you killed me on A flag, lol. It's just nice seeing ppl from the forums in game!

Lol must have been a lucky shot. Was i prone in the hallway? Is your ps name Ronin too? I’ll watch for you next time and we should squad up sometime.
  • Ronin9572

Lol must have been a lucky shot. Was i prone in the hallway? Is your ps name Ronin too? I’ll watch for you next time and we should squad up sometime.

I was using a secondary account Puddle_of_Mudd72 . Yeah you were prone in the hall. I actually switched teams but your squad was full. I'll send FR from that account since I don't use my main much anymore.
  • Forkbeard84

I was using a secondary account Puddle_of_Mudd72 . Yeah you were prone in the hall. I actually switched teams but your squad was full. I'll send FR from that account since I don't use my main much anymore.

Hey I remember playing with Puddle of Mud a few days ago! I think ypu were in my squad then. Too funny. Lets squad up soon again.
  • Ronin9572
    edited June 20

Hey I remember playing with Puddle of Mud a few days ago! I think ypu were in my squad then. Too funny. Lets squad up soon again.

Yeah I've been bouncing back and forth on my 2nd, and 3rd accounts recently working on medals, codex's, and dog tags. I actually played my main account earlier this week, 1st time in months for a medal I didn't have. I know I'm nuts, and got some serious time invested in the game, like over 1700hrs!
  • PippoK1d
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    (Quote)

I've noticed that too. Definitely need to be on your "A" game these days. I'm just thankful the game is still alive and somewhat thriving? Hope it stays this way for a good long time. It also helps and I'm happy DICE is at least throwing us a bone with weekly rotations, keeping up with the exchange etc.

Yeah i just got into game, for sure best game for me after cod2, cs times.
  • ashar_saleem121
    The MIXED servers seem to be slightly more sweaty than the vanilla ones. I guess that makes sense since only dedicated people have all the DLC.

Or maybe Im just having bad luck. Went 1 - 3 in 4 games of CQ today. My squad did fine we were usually on top but the other team was just better.
  • PzGr_BRASCHE
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello all and are you all playing on  normal servers or HC servers?  Please post back. I have been looking for a HC server but only one left is leb but we all know this isnt a real HC server only 200% which is good but hey now.  No FF spotting kill cam no good.  I put up a new HC server trying to go real so come check it out.  TOOL Hardcore.  Hope to see you all soon. S!   If Im missing something but I dont see many servers and if there are more HC servers please let me know how to find them my filter doesnt seem to work then. S! again see you all soon.
  • ashar_saleem121
    Hello all and are you all playing on  normal servers or HC servers?  Please post back. I have been looking for a HC server but only one left is leb but we all know this isnt a real HC server only 200% which is good but hey now.  No FF spotting kill cam no good.  I put up a new HC server trying to go real so come check it out.  TOOL Hardcore.  Hope to see you all soon. S!   If Im missing something but I dont see many servers and if there are more HC servers please let me know how to find them my filter doesnt seem to work then. S! again see you all soon.

No most of us play Normal servers