10 Star (1000 kill) Weapon?

13»

Comments

• disposalist
    8944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Thanks muchly for the advice. I'm about 60 kills in now. Ugh.

One thing I'm finding is if you kneel next to a waist-height block for your bipod, you have much higher vertical elevation possible than when you prone. Difficult to find good spots, but more chance to hit the planes.

Hitting infantry I'm finding very hard and I'm pretty sure I've executed head shots and only got 90 damage :(  Mostly it's around 40 damage. Useless.

I'm finding it hard to aim for infantry too. The  sights seem to be zeroed for an odd distance and there is a big velocity drop off at a certain point.

I am getting most success with planes and picking maps likes Monte Grappa where they are plentiful and 'nearer' if you are on the mountain, is better.

Either way, I'll be glad when I'm done and I'm afraid I can't see myself using it very often, if at all, afterward! I might, if it were on the support clas, as one of the most annoying things is the limited ammo and slow re-arm and re-load.
  • Forkbeard84
    1847 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 21
    Well any more spectacular AA rocket kills?

I have gotten off 3 shot attack plane kills and 4 shot bomber kills. And they are sometimes full of people.  It is very hard to do.  Get a shot or two on the plane coming and going and sometimes the pilot gets confused or what not and they turn around in front of you within your range.  When they turn in front of you,  wait a beat or two to judge their new extremely slow speed and direction and then pop off the rest of your rockets.  Kaching!   

You can also take hail mary potshots at a retreating, zigging fast moving planes.  If you think you can judge where they'll be 2 seconds from now then fire the rocket there.  These can be beautiful if you just needed one more hit, usually just in range, you thought you missed then Kaching!   :-)
  • disposalist
    8944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited July 21
    Well any more spectacular AA rocket kills?

I have sometimes gotten off 3 shot attack plane kills and 4 shot bomber kills. And they are sometimes full of people.  It is very hard to do.  Sometimes the plane pilot gets confused or what not and they turn around in front of you within your range.  When they turn wait a beat or two to judge their new direction and then pop off the rest of your rockets.  Kaching!    
    I should have made vids, but it was generally soooooo boring. Assault isn't my favourite anyway, never mind with AA Rockets ;^)

I did just get a fighter pilot with a 2 shot after he had 'escaped' out of sight behind buildings, I tracked where I thought he was and fired through the building windows and finished him off! That was pretty awesome.

Up to 83 now. Some rounds you get none or one, then I got 12 in one Monte Grappa round. Bombers and timing to wait for AA to nearly finish them.
  • Forkbeard84
    1847 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Awesome 12 AA rocket kills on Monte Grappa!  Defending Fao Fortress is another good one.  I first really realized the rockets potential to ruin a pilot's days on the Ramparts of  Fao.  The planes fly close there and  up on the ramparts you are protected to go prone. 

Ok going for a skate in the beautiful weather.  Its hot over here!
  • disposalist
    edited July 22
    Finally! You even get a service star. Now back to not torturing myself. The balance and the sniper-glut can do that.

Just a few melee weapons to get 100 with now. Aaaahhhhh!
  • JuddV10
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just 4 guns :D

Howell Sniper
    Fedorov
    Hellrigel
  • abc1434286920
    448 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 25
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    For me its 34 including the Horse, although I've not really been focusing on that.  I've been trying to get guns to 100 service stars, of which I now have 13 with three/four actively on the go at the moment - although I'm sure I'll stop soon... ish.

Goodness gracious 13 guns with 100stars?? I've come across you a couple of times in game in the past and you are a far better player than I ever was (I seem to remember you loved the medic trains 🤣), but thats just insane. I have arisaka, lmg08 and chammond with 100 stars only.

For me getting everything to one star was what kept me playing the game in the past...other than the flare gun flash and a couple of melees I have everything to one star, it was fun and one of my gripes that they removed the stars in bfv.

Getting guns to 10stars is well beyond me.
  • Ronin9572
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    For me its 34 including the Horse, although I've not really been focusing on that.  I've been trying to get guns to 100 service stars, of which I now have 13 with three/four actively on the go at the moment - although I'm sure I'll stop soon... ish.

13 with 100 Service stars?? Wow I bend the knee and tip my hat! That's some serious dedication!!
  • WetFishDB
    2326 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Goodness gracious 13 guns with 100stars?? I've come across you a couple of times in game in the past and you are a far better player than I ever was (I seem to remember you loved the medic trains 🤣), but thats just insane. I have arisaka, lmg08 and chammond with 100 stars only.

For me getting everything to one star was what kept me playing the game in the past...other than the flare gun flash and a couple of melees I have everything to one star, it was fun and one of my gripes that they removed the stars in bfv.

Getting guns to 10stars is well beyond me.
    Yeah, and three more that I'm working on are close to 100 too: Selby Optical (92), Sweeper (79), and SMG08 (89).  Sorry about that last one 😂.  Medic trains can be useful for maintaining flag momentum, but happy to jump to assault to deal with tanks etc too.  Whatever it takes to try and get the win.

I won't do it forever though.  Once the sweeper is done then I have no close range medic guns I want to do, so will just default to the Fedorov Optical.  Might still do some of the longer range medic guns occasionally (Selby Marksman, both RSC's perhaps), but that will definitely be it for medic guns. Not sure what Assault gun to do next though.  Tempted by the MP18, but the RSC SMG is strangely alluring too.  Just not sure if it'll be a good fit for the chasing tanks play.
  • WetFishDB
    2326 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ronin9572 said:

13 with 100 Service stars?? Wow I bend the knee and tip my hat! That's some serious dedication!!
    Lots and lots of hours playing this game.  Although work and social life are meaning I'm playing less and less, so doubt I'll get many more before all interest in this game wanes.  
  • ashar_saleem121
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Yeah, and three more that I'm working on are close to 100 too: Selby Optical (92), Sweeper (79), and SMG08 (89).  Sorry about that last one 😂.  Medic trains can be useful for maintaining flag momentum, but happy to jump to assault to deal with tanks etc too.  Whatever it takes to try and get the win.

I won't do it forever though.  Once the sweeper is done then I have no close range medic guns I want to do, so will just default to the Fedorov Optical.  Might still do some of the longer range medic guns occasionally (Selby Marksman, both RSC's perhaps), but that will definitely be it for medic guns. Not sure what Assault gun to do next though.  Tempted by the MP18, but the RSC SMG is strangely alluring too.  Just not sure if it'll be a good fit for the chasing tanks play.

Do the RSC SMG. It's so rewarding but so difficult to use on most maps. Another hidden gem is the M1912 Machinenpistol Experimental. It tears people apart and has skme range if you can mix in a couple headshots and the target doesnt move too much
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've gone from 0 with 10 stars to 3(ribey, fh optical and Howell sniper) with a couple more close. I don't like playing with the same weapon too much though.
  • Ronin9572
    1270 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)
    Lots and lots of hours playing this game.  Although work and social life are meaning I'm playing less and less, so doubt I'll get many more before all interest in this game wanes.  

But still that's impressive! I've got almost 1800 hrs across 3 accounts, over half of which is on my main. I just hit level 150 on my 2nd account 2 days ago, so now I'm working on my 3rd. I'll actually have to check my main to see how many I have over 10 stars.