Thoughts on the K31/43

mf_shro0m
2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
What do you guys think of it? I haven’t tried using it at long range yet but I’ve been liking PTO with it in Provence

Also does anyone know for sure if it’s x3 scope has scope glint or not?

Comments

• Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was a rather enjoyable weapon to use, max level, Gold (it is actually really easy. 3/4 Assignments can be done in Combined Arms; namely the kinda silly 10m range one; and the last is just.. an average game). I dunno if I'll continue using it much, mostly because I doubt I'll stick around playing again for long (my plan is to go and Gold the M3 Infrared now and then probably stop playing again), but it's certainly a solid choice.

My only gripe is I don't really like the reticle, I'm much more a fan of a cross or t-post than the arrow. Also it feels like it has really little bullet drop, so actually getting used to that took awhile (I'm still overcompensating constantly).
  • Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So it does not have the traditional X headshots in a  life/round in the objective?
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    So it does not have the traditional X headshots in a life/round in the objective?
    The objectives are IIRC:
    -get x damage in a life/round, or in total
    -get x headshots in a life/round, or in total
    -get x kills below 10m in a life/round, or in total
    -get 7 Kills in a life/25 In a round, or 15 In a round/50 In total

All but the last can be done in Combined Arms, and 7 Kills in a life is pretty relaxed for a sniper.
  • Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    So it does not have the traditional X headshots in a life/round in the objective?
    The objectives are IIRC:
    -get x headshots in a life/round, or in total
    -get x kills below 10m in a life/round, or in total
    -get 7 Kills in a life/25 In a round, or 15 In a round/50 In total

All but the last can be done in Combined Arms, and 7 Kills in a life is pretty relaxed for a sniper.
    As long as it is not requiring the sniper of the target to be inside an objective, yes.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    my only gripe is I don't really like the reticle, I'm much more a fan of a cross or t-post than the arrow. Also it feels like it has really little bullet drop, so actually getting used to that took awhile (I'm still overcompensating constantly).

Lol I’ve been doing too.

What specs are you using? I just got it to level 4 and got the detachable mags spec a game ago and last round some bullets which should’ve connected just didn’t connect which was annoying. Hopefully the guy was just lagging like mad and this isn’t a bug
  • Tip_the_Cap
    411 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m wrote: »
    my only gripe is I don't really like the reticle, I'm much more a fan of a cross or t-post than the arrow. Also it feels like it has really little bullet drop, so actually getting used to that took awhile (I'm still overcompensating constantly).

Lol I’ve been doing too.

What specs are you using? I just got it to level 4 and got the detachable mags spec a game ago and last round some bullets which should’ve connected just didn’t connect which was annoying. Hopefully the guy was just lagging like mad and this isn’t a bug

The sights are off. They land slightly down and to the right. It is a known issue.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    mf_shro0m said:

Lol I’ve been doing too.

What specs are you using?
     I went full left, even though I don't really use the bipod. I'm just more comfortable with x6 over x3, and y'know, you actually have the option of switching to irons when you're being really aggressive compared to other rifles. 
  • Hawxxeye
    mf_shro0m said:

Lol I’ve been doing too.

What specs are you using?
     I went full left, even though I don't really use the bipod. I'm just more comfortable with x6 over x3, and y'know, you actually have the option of switching to irons when you're being really aggressive compared to other rifles. 
    That little thing is a really nice perk

• NuttysKunKs
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

It is indeed! Don’t have to unscope to reload either.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited June 11
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

It is indeed! Don’t have to unscope to reload either.
    Is it a straight pull bolt?
    The gun apparently has some alignment issues though

• Loqtrall
    12426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 11
    It's an incredibly buggy weapon.

For one, every scope available has alignment issues. The predator scope adds a post sight, but the reticle is misaligned and is too far up on the scope. The rest of the sights have the round landing off target.

Then there's the fact that despite ONLY using the 6x scope spec, my scope is bugged and has never had 6x magnification. I switch between 6x and 3x and both scopes are identical in terms of magnification. There are also various reports out there that insist the 6x scope randomly does and does not work.

On top of that, it's irons are stupid thick, and using its iron sights covers up a large portion of the screen due to the large handle on the bolt and the integrated scope.

Imo it's only redeeming quality right now is having a 7 round detachable mag, which you have to spec into.

It's beyond disappointing to me, because I've been wanting a k31 in BF since BF1 was released and it wasn't in the base game. When I heard the k31 was data mined, I was hoping and praying that if one rifle was added in the final content update, it was the k31.

And it's bugged to hell and back, and doesn't even function as a straight pull rifle unless using iron sights (that's two straight pull rifles in the game that are ignored in that regard). Which is a shame, because it has one of the most interesting straight pull bolt mechanisms in existence.

As a lover of rifles in all BF games, I hope they fix this one's issues quick and it's more enjoyable to use (at least for me)
  • Hawxxeye
    edited June 11
    Yes there is some serious patchwork that needs to follow up this content patch.
    I hope they wont tell us that they do not have the tech to make the 2 genuine straight pull rifles to not needing a scopeout

• CPU_UK
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've been killed a couple of times with that rifle, so well done with the buggy scope, but it doesn't affect me as I'm too busy PTFO, to be using the k31/43 ;-)
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    Loqtrall said:
    Just cut the quote down to save some space. While buggy, atleast the weapon is usable (or I found it was) most of the time. Comparably after finishing it I went to do the same with the M3 IR, and.. my god I have never hated a weapon so much in this game, and that's after using Medic guns back in the day! It feels like the most awkward gun I've ever used, since you have a gun that wants to generally be up close but you can't switch from a scope that makes close range awkward, not to mention making it incredibly hard to often make out anyone on most maps. You can't naturally use it well at range either since damage drops like a rock and 3-hit rifles and whatnot are just gonna laugh at you.
    The only saving grace is how fast you can spamfire it, if it wasn't for that I doubt I would have been able to stomach the weapon at all.

Since I mentioned the K31/43 Assignments, it's only right to also point out the M3 IR Ones:
    -get x kills in a life/round, or in total
    -get x kills below 30m in a life/round, or in total
    -get x kills above 30m in a life/round, or in total
    -get 5 Headshot kills in a life/13 In a round, 15/25 In total: PvP Only (numbers might be off, I'll edit it later tonight if I get to jump on)
    -presumably, get some kills in a life/round, or total
  • talhaONE
    947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 14
    Loqtrall wrote: »

For one, every scope available has alignment issues. The predator scope adds a post sight, but the reticle is misaligned and is too far up on the scope. The rest of the sights have the round landing off target.

Then there's the fact that despite ONLY using the 6x scope spec, my scope is bugged and has never had 6x magnification. I switch between 6x and 3x and both scopes are identical in terms of magnification. There are also various reports out there that insist the 6x scope randomly does and does not work.

On top of that, it's irons are stupid thick, and using its iron sights covers up a large portion of the screen due to the large handle on the bolt and the integrated scope.

Imo it's only redeeming quality right now is having a 7 round detachable mag, which you have to spec into.

It's beyond disappointing to me, because I've been wanting a k31 in BF since BF1 was released and it wasn't in the base game. When I heard the k31 was data mined, I was hoping and praying that if one rifle was added in the final content update, it was the k31.

And it's bugged to hell and back, and doesn't even function as a straight pull rifle unless using iron sights (that's two straight pull rifles in the game that are ignored in that regard). Which is a shame, because it has one of the most interesting straight pull bolt mechanisms in existence.

As a lover of rifles in all BF games, I hope they fix this one's issues quick and it's more enjoyable to use (at least for me)

Any new gun added to support and recon are mediocre. On the other hand Jhonson is pretty solid. Why? Because its Assault class. Only Assault class deserves good guns in Bf5.
    Post edited by talhaONE on
  • DingoKillr
    4254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have had hit visuals no hit marker using scope.

I have very little luck with scope switching to IS actual get hits.

The drop seems much larger than other rifles. I must try aiming more left.
  • mf_shro0m
    (Quote)
    Just cut the quote down to save some space. While buggy, atleast the weapon is usable (or I found it was) most of the time. Comparably after finishing it I went to do the same with the M3 IR, and.. my god I have never hated a weapon so much in this game, and that's after using Medic guns back in the day! It feels like the most awkward gun I've ever used, since you have a gun that wants to generally be up close but you can't switch from a scope that makes close range awkward, not to mention making it incredibly hard to often make out anyone on most maps. You can't naturally use it well at range either since damage drops like a rock and 3-hit rifles and whatnot are just gonna laugh at you.
    The only saving grace is how fast you can spamfire it, if it wasn't for that I doubt I would have been able to stomach the weapon at all.

Since I mentioned the K31/43 Assignments, it's only right to also point out the M3 IR Ones:
    -get x kills in a life/round, or in total
    -get x kills below 30m in a life/round, or in total
    -get x kills above 30m in a life/round, or in total
    -get 5 Headshot kills in a life/13 In a round, 15/25 In total: PvP Only (numbers might be off, I'll edit it later tonight if I get to jump on)
    -presumably, get some kills in a life/round, or total

Yeh the M3 feels kinda awkward and the IR of the IR sight doesn’t work past like 30m. Past 30m it’s just a monochrome ACOG which is actually harder to use than a regular acog. The only thing that draws me to it is how satisfying it’s gunshots sound

Personally I actually had some good rounds using the K31 playing as a WWII infantryman PTFO before I got the tier 4 spec for it and then the shot alignment just went to 💩 after that. Before I got it I was landing a good number of headshots and then after I got it I literally spent 2 clips trying to hit a hostile sniper (I got revived twice in that time) because I didn’t get any hit markers even when the bullet clearly landed on my screen
  • mf_shro0m
    DingoKillr wrote: »

The specs for it seem to change unrelated stats for some reason. Ime and in Desyatnik’s it has barely any drop
  • DingoKillr
    4254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 16
    mf_shro0m wrote: »
    DingoKillr wrote: »

The specs for it seem to change unrelated stats for some reason. Ime and in Desyatnik’s it has barely any drop

That is before I switch to adjust for misalignment on the bar crosshairs.
    Which required aiming on the bar crosshairs to aim below the slope and beside the bar to the right(as I look) . With the arrowhead it is almost align but it is the bottom not the top.

So if you actually used the crosshairs it would look like significant drop.

Edit: right and left so confusing as I look or as the target looks at me.
    Post edited by DingoKillr on
  • knallpistol
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cannot use this rifle as I have the scope/iron sight bug, and  the damage bug.