Thoughts on the K31/43

Comments

  • talhaONE
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 17
    talhaONE wrote: »
    talhaONE wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    It's an incredibly buggy weapon.

    For one, every scope available has alignment issues. The predator scope adds a post sight, but the reticle is misaligned and is too far up on the scope. The rest of the sights have the round landing off target.

    Then there's the fact that despite ONLY using the 6x scope spec, my scope is bugged and has never had 6x magnification. I switch between 6x and 3x and both scopes are identical in terms of magnification. There are also various reports out there that insist the 6x scope randomly does and does not work.

    On top of that, it's irons are stupid thick, and using its iron sights covers up a large portion of the screen due to the large handle on the bolt and the integrated scope.

    Imo it's only redeeming quality right now is having a 7 round detachable mag, which you have to spec into.

    It's beyond disappointing to me, because I've been wanting a k31 in BF since BF1 was released and it wasn't in the base game. When I heard the k31 was data mined, I was hoping and praying that if one rifle was added in the final content update, it was the k31.

    And it's bugged to hell and back, and doesn't even function as a straight pull rifle unless using iron sights (that's two straight pull rifles in the game that are ignored in that regard). Which is a shame, because it has one of the most interesting straight pull bolt mechanisms in existence.

    As a lover of rifles in all BF games, I hope they fix this one's issues quick and it's more enjoyable to use (at least for me)

    Any new gun added to support and recon are mediocre. On the other hand Jhonson is pretty solid. Why? Because its Assault class. Only Assault class deserves good guns in Bf5.

    No because its a DMR. And for that same reason I think the m3 is pretty good too actually. Silenced m1a1 in combination with flares and Sniper archetype is pretty damn good imo. The scope generally is a minus of course but Its not nearly bad enough for me to not use the gun.
    Jhonson is not a DMR. Its a SAR and its good because its in Assault class.
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Because DICE wont accept making a recon gun without giving the gun a serious demerit

    Would be borderline op to have a silenced slr with no drawbacks (especially in combination with the Sniper specialization which makes it so you spot everything you hit while the enemy might not even know where he is being shot from)

    Silencers only remove the tracers on your screen. Its still hearable from decent distances. Regular M1a1 is better then m3.

    All of them are good, hence the new one (in order to not be straight up worse than what's already there) has to be good as well. As I said, because its a sar (I use the terms interchangeably)

    Yes, and? Doesn't change the fact that the silencer is a straight upgrade in this game.
    I disagree with that. Let me ask you, if we leave classes out of the equation, just look at the guns themselves and assume that the m3 could use normal scopes, would the m1 still be better than the m3?

    You cant assume that because M3 scope is still bad. Also M1a1 extended mag is a bigger advantage then supressor. I ll take the M1a1 over M3 every single day.
  • The_BERG_366
    2723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 17
    Hawxxeye said:
    Between a full assault team, a full medic team, a full support team and a full recon team I could hazard a guess that the full recon team would fare the worst
    probably yeah. recon depends on other classes, its more of a supportive role. medic would probably win (smoke and revive train :joy:

  • The_BERG_366
    2723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    talhaONE wrote: »
    talhaONE wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    It's an incredibly buggy weapon.

    For one, every scope available has alignment issues. The predator scope adds a post sight, but the reticle is misaligned and is too far up on the scope. The rest of the sights have the round landing off target.

    Then there's the fact that despite ONLY using the 6x scope spec, my scope is bugged and has never had 6x magnification. I switch between 6x and 3x and both scopes are identical in terms of magnification. There are also various reports out there that insist the 6x scope randomly does and does not work.

    On top of that, it's irons are stupid thick, and using its iron sights covers up a large portion of the screen due to the large handle on the bolt and the integrated scope.

    Imo it's only redeeming quality right now is having a 7 round detachable mag, which you have to spec into.

    It's beyond disappointing to me, because I've been wanting a k31 in BF since BF1 was released and it wasn't in the base game. When I heard the k31 was data mined, I was hoping and praying that if one rifle was added in the final content update, it was the k31.

    And it's bugged to hell and back, and doesn't even function as a straight pull rifle unless using iron sights (that's two straight pull rifles in the game that are ignored in that regard). Which is a shame, because it has one of the most interesting straight pull bolt mechanisms in existence.

    As a lover of rifles in all BF games, I hope they fix this one's issues quick and it's more enjoyable to use (at least for me)

    Any new gun added to support and recon are mediocre. On the other hand Jhonson is pretty solid. Why? Because its Assault class. Only Assault class deserves good guns in Bf5.

    No because its a DMR. And for that same reason I think the m3 is pretty good too actually. Silenced m1a1 in combination with flares and Sniper archetype is pretty damn good imo. The scope generally is a minus of course but Its not nearly bad enough for me to not use the gun.
    Jhonson is not a DMR. Its a SAR and its good because its in Assault class.
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Because DICE wont accept making a recon gun without giving the gun a serious demerit

    Would be borderline op to have a silenced slr with no drawbacks (especially in combination with the Sniper specialization which makes it so you spot everything you hit while the enemy might not even know where he is being shot from)

    Silencers only remove the tracers on your screen. Its still hearable from decent distances. Regular M1a1 is better then m3.

    All of them are good, hence the new one (in order to not be straight up worse than what's already there) has to be good as well. As I said, because its a sar (I use the terms interchangeably)

    Yes, and? Doesn't change the fact that the silencer is a straight upgrade in this game.
    I disagree with that. Let me ask you, if we leave classes out of the equation, just look at the guns themselves and assume that the m3 could use normal scopes, would the m1 still be better than the m3?

    You cant assume that because M3 scope is still bad. Also M1a1 extended mag is a bigger advantage then supressor. I ll take the M1a1 over M3 every single day.
    wtf are you saying? im generating a hypothetical scenario. as its hypothetical i can assume whatever i want. i think you are confusing generating a hypothetical scenario with making claims about reality. 
    i wouldn't :joy:. you must shoot a lot of big groups as this is the only situation in which the 30 round mag has any kind of significance on a slr. so no, i disagree. Extended mag is absolutely NOT a bigger advantage objectively. 
  • talhaONE
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    wtf are you saying? im generating a hypothetical scenario. as its hypothetical i can assume whatever i want. i think you are confusing generating a hypothetical scenario with making claims about reality. 
    i wouldn't :joy:. you must shoot a lot of big groups as this is the only situation in which the 30 round mag has any kind of significance on a slr. so no, i disagree. Extended mag is absolutely NOT a bigger advantage objectively. 

    Do you seriously think a hypothetical scenerio has any value in a comparision?

    M1A1 is a SAR not SLR. There is a reason why people always choose the Mag spec on M1A1 and Turner. Mag size gives a lot of advantages.

  • Hawxxeye
    7480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I originally had not even related the M3 to the M1A1 because I had never used m1a1 without the extended mags so I thought the M3 was more related to the M2 than the m1a1
  • mf_shro0m
    2346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    If one adjusts their gun fights to where it is favorable for them with their gun, they will quickly find themselves outside the objecting with the recon though.(Quote)

    Yeah but if you are a recon you have the opposite problem. Guys you cannot kill because their guns are better than yours.Thus the best recon in BFV is not one who kills people but the one who lets others do the killing and tries to spot as many things as possible for others to kill.I have recently dropped the spawn beacon in favor of the new grenade launcher. Flanking in BFV maps with a beacon is often either too hard or so easy they do not need your beacon to do it.
    (Quote)
    I meant to say that the killcam is fine but you should consider that advantages of the stealthy approach are diminished the moment an angry revived/respawned soldier or more start to search your location. That is fine by me but I think it should be taken into account to avoid exagerating the power of silenced guns.(Quote)


    Yeah at the very it should be even sightly easier to see soldiers than with the regular scope or it is a bad joke if we cannot remove it.

    Not necessarily, depends on the map and mode. And even if, being on the objective isn't the only way to play the objective.

    We were talking about a hypothetical scenario and compared gadgets only (or in my scenario together with m1 or m3 for BOTH classes). So this wasn't an argument about classes, but about gadgets, hence which guns are connected to what classes is irrelevant in this context.

    Yeah I know what you mean. But as I said I don't think it's completely diminished. Of course I don't want to imply that one is undetectable or something while using a silencer though.

    I still disagree with that. We would then have a scope that provides an advantage plus a free upgrade (the silencer) and just a difference in upgrade tree to balance it out (which I personally don't find that big of a deal). Also when combining it with the Sniper archetype it's a different deal than on assault.
    I still disagree with that. We would then have a scope that provides an advantage plus a free upgrade (the silencer) and just a difference in upgrade tree to balance it out (which I personally don't find that big of a deal). Also when combining it with the Sniper archetype it's a different deal than on assault.

    This is a prime example of the drawbacks of how simplistic the weapon balancing in BFV is. The M3 has two unique draws, it’s IR scope and it’s silencer and they shouldn’t have to sacrifice one of them. If weapons had more varied and realistic sprintout and ADS times they could use those to help balance weapons. In this case the M1 and M2 could have shorter sprintout and ADS times in addition to there current superior mag sizes and superior hip fire accuracy to balance out the M3 having a suppressor and an IR scope
  • Hawxxeye
    7480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 18
    mf_shro0m said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    If one adjusts their gun fights to where it is favorable for them with their gun, they will quickly find themselves outside the objecting with the recon though.(Quote)

    Yeah but if you are a recon you have the opposite problem. Guys you cannot kill because their guns are better than yours.Thus the best recon in BFV is not one who kills people but the one who lets others do the killing and tries to spot as many things as possible for others to kill.I have recently dropped the spawn beacon in favor of the new grenade launcher. Flanking in BFV maps with a beacon is often either too hard or so easy they do not need your beacon to do it.
    (Quote)
    I meant to say that the killcam is fine but you should consider that advantages of the stealthy approach are diminished the moment an angry revived/respawned soldier or more start to search your location. That is fine by me but I think it should be taken into account to avoid exagerating the power of silenced guns.(Quote)


    Yeah at the very it should be even sightly easier to see soldiers than with the regular scope or it is a bad joke if we cannot remove it.

    Not necessarily, depends on the map and mode. And even if, being on the objective isn't the only way to play the objective.

    We were talking about a hypothetical scenario and compared gadgets only (or in my scenario together with m1 or m3 for BOTH classes). So this wasn't an argument about classes, but about gadgets, hence which guns are connected to what classes is irrelevant in this context.

    Yeah I know what you mean. But as I said I don't think it's completely diminished. Of course I don't want to imply that one is undetectable or something while using a silencer though.

    I still disagree with that. We would then have a scope that provides an advantage plus a free upgrade (the silencer) and just a difference in upgrade tree to balance it out (which I personally don't find that big of a deal). Also when combining it with the Sniper archetype it's a different deal than on assault.
    I still disagree with that. We would then have a scope that provides an advantage plus a free upgrade (the silencer) and just a difference in upgrade tree to balance it out (which I personally don't find that big of a deal). Also when combining it with the Sniper archetype it's a different deal than on assault.

    This is a prime example of the drawbacks of how simplistic the weapon balancing in BFV is. The M3 has two unique draws, it’s IR scope and it’s silencer and they shouldn’t have to sacrifice one of them. If weapons had more varied and realistic sprintout and ADS times they could use those to help balance weapons. In this case the M1 and M2 could have shorter sprintout and ADS times in addition to there current superior mag sizes and superior hip fire accuracy to balance out the M3 having a suppressor and an IR scope
    Sadly one of the two draws is instead a huge demerit :(
    Btw from what I seem to read about the real gun, it is actually an M1 carbine (of which m1a1 is a more portable paratrooper variant) with the scope being the "M3 scope"
    Physically it would take very little work to convert the M3 to an M1 by just removing things.
    .
    There is one more draw that you forgot mf_shro0m: It is an actual SAR in the (weaponwise-handicaped) recon class.
  • The_BERG_366
    2723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)
    wtf are you saying? im generating a hypothetical scenario. as its hypothetical i can assume whatever i want. i think you are confusing generating a hypothetical scenario with making claims about reality. 
    i wouldn't :joy:. you must shoot a lot of big groups as this is the only situation in which the 30 round mag has any kind of significance on a slr. so no, i disagree. Extended mag is absolutely NOT a bigger advantage objectively. 

    Do you seriously think a hypothetical scenerio has any value in a comparision?

    M1A1 is a SAR not SLR. There is a reason why people always choose the Mag spec on M1A1 and Turner. Mag size gives a lot of advantages.

    omg this is ridiculous. This part of the discussion was initiated by another user saying that dice won't make a recon gun without giving it some kind of demerit. I replied that the gun without said demerit (the scope) would be borderline OP (especially when also considering the sniper specialisation of the scout class). This is where you replied and from there the discussion started. So this part of the discussion literally revolves around whether or not some kind of demerit is needed. so the hypothetical scenario i generated is the VERY CORE of this part of the discussion. and now you come around and tell me i can't assume that. Its ridiculous honestly....
    are you even aware of the topic of a discussion you want to engage in before you start typing? 

    "People", nice... 
    I don't, at least not on the turner. And on the m1a1 i use it for the reason i stated before: to be able to kill larger groups of enemies. The advantages of a large mag on a slr/sar are limited to killing larger groups of enemies and ease of use. So a large mag can make a gun easier to use, yes, but it doesnt make it better per se. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 18
    Fair enough
    But I am looking forward to see even one person in a video do really well in a round with the M3 in cases where his enemies are not tens of times worse players than him/her. My personal opinion is that it loses much of what it can offer to the table with all the visual obstruction.
    .
    Btw I just realized... were we perhaps derailing the topic about another recon weapon right now? :neutral:
  • mf_shro0m
    2346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

    Sadly one of the two draws is instead a huge demerit :(Btw from what I seem to read about the real gun, it is actually an M1 carbine (of which m1a1 is a more portable paratrooper variant) with the scope being the "M3 scope"Physically it would take very little work to convert the M3 to an M1 by just removing things..There is one more draw that you forgot mf_shro0m: It is an actual SAR in the (weaponwise-handicaped) recon class.

    Yeh and I was really excited about having an IR scope in the game as well

    I know but that bulkyass scope looks like it’d add a few kilos to the weight of the thing

    Lol if the M3 was in the assault class the scope would probably work 😄
  • mf_shro0m
    2346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Fair enoughBut I am looking forward to see even one person in a video do really well in a round with the M3 in cases where his enemies are not tens of times worse players than him/her. My personal opinion is that it loses much of what it can offer to the table with all the visual obstruction.
    .
    Btw I just realized... were we perhaps derailing the topic about another recon weapon right now? :neutral:

    For sure. Given it’s damage drop off it shouldn’t really be used past like 50m but the visual obstruction makes moving with it at anything less than that haphazardous. It’s almost as if dice wanted it to be best suited to camping in not so distant bushes...

    🤔
    Haha tbf until dice fixes all of the K31’s bugs we’re not gonna be able to get a good read on it
  • Hawxxeye
    7480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Back on the K31 topic.
    I finally dared to use it and it is really a weapon with some fun potential.
    I can see the scope misalignment when trying to shoot someone on the far end of the mid range.
    .
    But apart from that there needs to be some quality of life changes.
    It needs to be able to work the bolt without scoping out as this is clearly a straight pull bolt rifle.
    Its x3 scope also need to stop blurring while moving since this should only happen to x6 scopes
    .
    The gun has some real aggressive fun potential but it needs some TLC
  • talhaONE
    935 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    omg this is ridiculous. This part of the discussion was initiated by another user saying that dice won't make a recon gun without giving it some kind of demerit. I replied that the gun without said demerit (the scope) would be borderline OP (especially when also considering the sniper specialisation of the scout class). This is where you replied and from there the discussion started. So this part of the discussion literally revolves around whether or not some kind of demerit is needed. so the hypothetical scenario i generated is the VERY CORE of this part of the discussion. and now you come around and tell me i can't assume that. Its ridiculous honestly....
    are you even aware of the topic of a discussion you want to engage in before you start typing? 

    "People", nice... I don't, at least not on the turner. And on the m1a1 i use it for the reason i stated before: to be able to kill larger groups of enemies. The advantages of a large mag on a slr/sar are limited to killing larger groups of enemies and ease of use. So a large mag can make a gun easier to use, yes, but it doesnt make it better per se. 

    It does. M1A1 is just a better M3 infrared. Scope on M1A1 is better and gets bigger mag. Only thing the M3 infrared is better is a silencer which barely has any effect in this game.

    Ridicilous part is we are even having this discussion. M1A1 is just better. Its a fact. And funny thing is Assault gets the better guns because only Assault class deserves to be viable in this game.
  • The_BERG_366
    2723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »
    (Quote)
    omg this is ridiculous. This part of the discussion was initiated by another user saying that dice won't make a recon gun without giving it some kind of demerit. I replied that the gun without said demerit (the scope) would be borderline OP (especially when also considering the sniper specialisation of the scout class). This is where you replied and from there the discussion started. So this part of the discussion literally revolves around whether or not some kind of demerit is needed. so the hypothetical scenario i generated is the VERY CORE of this part of the discussion. and now you come around and tell me i can't assume that. Its ridiculous honestly....
    are you even aware of the topic of a discussion you want to engage in before you start typing? 

    "People", nice... I don't, at least not on the turner. And on the m1a1 i use it for the reason i stated before: to be able to kill larger groups of enemies. The advantages of a large mag on a slr/sar are limited to killing larger groups of enemies and ease of use. So a large mag can make a gun easier to use, yes, but it doesnt make it better per se. 

    It does. M1A1 is just a better M3 infrared. Scope on M1A1 is better and gets bigger mag. Only thing the M3 infrared is better is a silencer which barely has any effect in this game.

    Ridicilous part is we are even having this discussion. M1A1 is just better. Its a fact. And funny thing is Assault gets the better guns because only Assault class deserves to be viable in this game.

    You sound like a broken record. Your argument boils down to "I'm right because I say so". I lined out the advantages of the suppressor and hence why you underrated it, as well as why you overrate the magazines. Your counter is "everybody uses extended mags" and "extended mag is better". Hawxxeye made some good point in regards to the suppressor, let him inspire you.

    The only ridiculous things about this conversation are your lack of arguments and your stupid claim regarding hypothetical scenarios.
  • The_BERG_366
    2723 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Fair enoughBut I am looking forward to see even one person in a video do really well in a round with the M3 in cases where his enemies are not tens of times worse players than him/her. My personal opinion is that it loses much of what it can offer to the table with all the visual obstruction.
    .
    Btw I just realized... were we perhaps derailing the topic about another recon weapon right now? :neutral:

    I dropped 90 something on conquest Provence the other day with it. There was also some decent players If I remember correctly. Not sure if I have it recorded l though. Also keep in mind I'm a console peasant, perhaps things differ significantly.
    And yes we were and I am still derailing :grimace:
  • mf_shro0m
    2346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Back on the K31 topic.
    I finally dared to use it and it is really a weapon with some fun potential.I can see the scope misalignment when trying to shoot someone on the far end of the mid range..But apart from that there needs to be some quality of life changes.It needs to be able to work the bolt without scoping out as this is clearly a straight pull bolt rifle.Its x3 scope also need to stop blurring while moving since this should only happen to x6 scopes.The gun has some real aggressive fun potential but it needs some TLC

    Yeh I really hope dice gives the guns that have straight pulls irl straight pulls in-game. It’d also be nice to see the BAs given short - medium range sweet spots but so long as the assault mob’s around neither of those things are gonna happen sadly

    Yeh personally I really enjoyed levelling up the K31 PTFO in Provence. Do you know when 5.7.1’s dropping?
  • Hawxxeye
    7480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mf_shro0m said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Back on the K31 topic.
    I finally dared to use it and it is really a weapon with some fun potential.I can see the scope misalignment when trying to shoot someone on the far end of the mid range..But apart from that there needs to be some quality of life changes.It needs to be able to work the bolt without scoping out as this is clearly a straight pull bolt rifle.Its x3 scope also need to stop blurring while moving since this should only happen to x6 scopes.The gun has some real aggressive fun potential but it needs some TLC

    Yeh I really hope dice gives the guns that have straight pulls irl straight pulls in-game. It’d also be nice to see the BAs given short - medium range sweet spots but so long as the assault mob’s around neither of those things are gonna happen sadly

    Yeh personally I really enjoyed levelling up the K31 PTFO in Provence. Do you know when 5.7.1’s dropping?
    5.7.1 ?
  • GenCuster
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    New patch .... old bug,
    They didn’t fix the K31 ...still has the same problem,
    shots with optics and targets do not receive the shot, just a smoke of blood.
    "GREAT" patch.

  • Totenkopf1973
    28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster said:
    New patch .... old bug,
    They didn’t fix the K31 ...still has the same problem,
    shots with optics and targets do not receive the shot, just a smoke of blood.
    "GREAT" patch.

    I've the same problem.
    I tried and play and after dying , all the perks are gone.
    I play on PS4. Very slow sight , 3x optics , etc ...
    I'm really tired of this situation.
    But don't they have testers before releasing a new patch ?
    It's outrageous.
    And now  ? Should I wait for 7.2 ? Maybe in late July or September.   :(
  • mf_shro0m
    2346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The saddest part is that it’s not even surprising that the new patch still doesn’t work
    (Quote)
    ... And now  ? Should I wait for 7.2 ? Maybe in late July or September.   :(
    You could try spending your life savings on boins, that might work
Sign In or Register to comment.