All BF titles are now on Steam but here is the question

llPhantom_Limbll
6248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I hope people have noticed that already and you can buy any "modern" BF game starting from BF3 on steam now.
But I haven't found a proper answer to an important question: if own any BF game on origin, can you transfer all your progression and stuff when the same game is purchased on steam?
Can we have some sort of confirmation? @Braddock512 @PartWelsh @EA_Tom ?
It's not like I'm rushing to buy games the second time but I'm sure there are some people who want that.

Comments

• InS_Hypno
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    does that mean BF5 could use VAC?
  • Terminator000001
    982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're anyway forced to run Origin when you buy those games on Steam. So it's most likely a yes.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14198 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The way I understand it.

You buy them on steam,  However when you launch the game(s) on steam,  origin will briefly open for EA's services to sync up and to verify the game key.

In the case of bf3 and bf hardline,  steam will briefly open origin for verification and then load battlelog.

Your progression is untouched as your unlocks and progression is stored on EA's servers.

• LOLGotYerTags
    14198 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    InS_Hypno said:
    Unlikely,  The game would have needed to be developed with VAC in mind and not just tacked on as an afterthought.

The only real change here is the change of launcher.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 11
    The way I understand it.

You buy them on steam,  However when you launch the game(s) on steam,  origin will briefly open for EA's services to sync up and to verify the game key.

In the case of bf3 and bf hardline,  steam will briefly open origin for verification and then load battlelog.

Your progression is untouched as your unlocks and progression is stored on EA's servers.

This could be the case. But last week when EA released a bunch of older games on steam like Crysis 3, people have said that steam creates a completely new version of the game if you own it on origin. And your progress does not transfer between these versions. Also, in some cases steam purchase completely replaces your game with a new version wiping saves and everything else.
    So some sort of confirmation is necessary here.
    Post edited by llPhantom_Limbll on
  • LOLGotYerTags
    I think with crisis the servers are no longer online.

I have all 3 and the mycrysis website doesnt exist anymore and mycrysis was tied to multiplayer on crisis 1 2 and 3.

With the bf titles everything progression related is stored on EA's servers rather than crytek
  • Braddock512
    1537 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    1. If you have it on Origin, launch on Origin.
    2. If you want it on Steam but have it on Origin, you can either buy it on Steam (and you will be prompted to sign into your Origin account when you first launch it) or add it to Steam as a "non-Steam game". 
    3. If you have it on Origin then buy it on Steam AND link your Steam to your Origin (required), you will be using the same database (stats) that you've already had. 
    4. You do not get access to the Steam version if you already have the Origin version.

-Braddock512
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    2. If you want it on Steam but have it on Origin, you can either buy it on Steam (and you will be prompted to sign into your Origin account when you first launch it) or add it to Steam as a "non-Steam game". 
    3. If you have it on Origin then buy it on Steam AND link your Steam to your Origin (required), you will be using the same database (stats) that you've already had. 
    4. You do not get access to the Steam version if you already have the Origin version.

-Braddock512
    Do you have to redownload the game if purchased on steam but already owned and installed on origin?
  • talhaONE
    947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 11
    InS_Hypno wrote: »

Its possible but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Although dont get excited, vac is not good at dealing with hacks either. Sometimes it took them months to ban obvious hackers because so called "Delayed bans".
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3908 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

-Braddock512
    Do you have to redownload the game if purchased on steam but already owned and installed on origin?
    Out of curiosity, why would you purchase it again on Steam if you already have it on Origin? To me it sounds like it would be a waste of money since you can just add it as non-steam game if you want it on your Steam Library.  Also Braddock512 stated you dont get access to the Steam version if you already own it on Origin.  

-CB
  • llPhantom_Limbll

-Braddock512
    Out of curiosity, why would you purchase it again on Steam if you already have it on Origin? To me it sounds like it would be a waste of money since you can just add it as non-steam game if you want it on your Steam Library.  Also Braddock512 stated you dont get access to the Steam version if you already own it on Origin.  

-CB
    I don't have an intention to purchase any BF again but some people want to have as many of their games in one place.
  • Violent_Rumble
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be cool if the origin player count was linked to steam. Then we could see how many people are actually playing using Steam Charts.. looks like no steam users yet.
    https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=battlefield+v

• llPhantom_Limbll
    It would be cool if the origin player count was linked to steam. Then we could see how many people are actually playing using Steam Charts.. looks like no steam users yet.
    https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=battlefield+v

Looks like steam stats isn't consistent yet. Because right now it shows 0 BF4 players, 437 BF1 players, 663 BFV players.
  • Blackidus
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Does this mean we can maybe se some even older Battlefield games there?
    I allready have them on discs but my Battlefield 2 disc is cracked and wont read and BF2142 is gone.
  • Violent_Rumble
    432 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Blackidus said:
    I allready have them on discs but my Battlefield 2 disc is cracked and wont read and BF2142 is gone.
    Most of the titles are available except BF2 and 2142. They may add them later if your lucky
    Battlefield games - https://store.steampowered.com/developer/EA/list/61139

• llPhantom_Limbll
    Blackidus said:
    If I'm not mistaken BF2 was available on both steam and origin long ago but got removed when official support was shut down.
  • EA_Tom
    124 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Hey folks, 

I can see there are quite a few questions coming in on how it works with EA games on Steam. I've created an FAQ with all information that's currently available:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/203435/faq-ea-games-on-steam/p1

If you have questions that are not yet answered in the FAQ, please let me know. We'll do our best to answer and add them.

-Tom
  • TeRRaN1VA
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 14
    Steam is just a Joke, just stick with origin.

Alote of people have diffrent account`s for Origin and Steam (why need a new account on steam)..

Useless when you need both systems to run a bf game.

Better fix the battlelog, so all content goes over https://
  • IIPrest0nII
    2341 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited June 14

-Braddock512
    I'm afraid you have to download the game since your Origin and Steam library directory (a folder where your games installed) is probably different and has different locations. To avoid re-downloading you can just move or copy files from your Origin directory to your Steam directory.