BF6 April of 2021?

AngrySquid270
104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Up until recently I wasn't expecting BF6 until holiday season 2021, but the recent leaks and official info have me thinking they are targeting April 2021.  

• Officially EA has stated BF6 will be released fiscal year 2021. Which runs April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022 for EA.
  • A 'leaker' on Twitter stated "You'll be a happy bunny next year then :)" in response to another tweet from someone wishing BF6 would return to a modern setting.   That 'happy bunny' statement seems like a reference to Easter, which would fit within the official release window.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/battlefield-6-will-reportedly-return-to-its-modern-day-setting-on-ps5-xbox-series-x-and-current-gen-consoles/ar-BB15hNvq
  • That same leaker mentioned that DICE is developing BF6 for both current gen and next gen consoles. That dual development approach makes less and less sense the further away you get from the release of PS5 and XBSX. https://twitter.com/_TomHenderson_/status/1270035870318563329
  • From 2015 to 2018 DICE had been releasing a AAA shooter every year.  Based on that trend DICE is already overdue for a new AAA title.  An April 2021 release would mean BF6 had ~2.5x the normal development. (This is assuming BF6 had the combined resourses of both the Battlefield and Battlefront teams after BFV was released)

Comments

• Inferno91x
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they give us upgraded servers i think i'll buy it.

bf1 was random bullit deviation, and bfv is random hit reg.
  • CSO7777
    1765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 11
    Rumour has it that they will release a remastered BF3 this year and the next real BF-game in 2021.

But we will have to see if that is true...
  • klikard
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Last battlefield game they released in Q1 was bad company 2. Newer games have been teased in Q1 or 2 And released in Q4. I wouldn't mind new game in Q2 tho. But i expect the next one might get released in Q4 2021 aswell, maybe if we are lucky Q4 2020. To comment on your post "That same leaker mentioned that DICE is developing BF6 for both current gen and next gen consoles. That dual development approach makes less and less sense the further away you get from the release of PS5 and XBSX." What do you mean dual development? They would only make one game if you mean they need special development for console. They just develop one game and scale it down for the target console. This is actualy a good thing ps4 owners dont need to spend 100s of dollars on a new ps5 system to be able to play it. And they would generate more revenue "win win" I also expect it to be cross platform tho between consoles, we are in 2020 and there is alot of cross platform going around :P
  • SpoolaZ
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It can be BF3 remastered or whatever. As long as there is no working anti-cheat, it does not matter, because it is only cheaters who buy the game again and again.
  • GrizzGolf
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    Rumour has it that they will release a remastered BF3 this year and the next real BF-game in 2021.

A remastered BF3 this year would keep everyone clam till BF6
  • emerson1975
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not getting a next gen console and I certainly won’t be playing battlefield on pc anymore so good luck
  • GrizzGolf
    1376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Any chance we see the remaster this year? Not going to lie. If BF6 and a Remastered BF3 drop at the same time Ill be playing BF3 more. 
  • CSO7777
    1765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf said:
    Any chance we see the remaster this year? Not going to lie. If BF6 and a Remastered BF3 drop at the same time Ill be playing BF3 more. 
    If they release a remastered BF3 it will probably not be at the same time as BF6, that wouldn't make sense business-wise.

A proper remastered BF3 with higher tick-rate, better graphics/sound and general improvements (movement/valuting etc etc), could be a strong competitor for BF6...
  • GrizzGolf
    CSO7777 said:
    GrizzGolf said:
    If they release a remastered BF3 it will probably not be at the same time as BF6, that wouldn't make sense business-wise.

A proper remastered BF3 with higher tick-rate, better graphics/sound and general improvements (movement/valuting etc etc), could be a strong competitor for BF6...
    I know they said no new BF for 2020 but BF3 isnt new ;) 
  • Celsi_GER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf wrote: »

Same here. The only thing making me not to prefer the BF3 remaster would be a BF2 remaster :smiley:
    Oh, the origin Karkand... i bet I still could draw an accurate map of it out of my memory... BF will never get as good again.
  • just4FunTA
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Up until recently I wasn't expecting BF6 until holiday season 2021, but the recent leaks and official info have me thinking they are targeting April 2021.  

• Officially EA has stated BF6 will be released fiscal year 2021. Which runs April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022 for EA.
    • A 'leaker' on Twitter stated "You'll be a happy bunny next year then :)" in response to another tweet from someone wishing BF6 would return to a modern setting.   That 'happy bunny' statement seems like a reference to Easter, which would fit within the official release window.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/battlefield-6-will-reportedly-return-to-its-modern-day-setting-on-ps5-xbox-series-x-and-current-gen-consoles/ar-BB15hNvq
    • That same leaker mentioned that DICE is developing BF6 for both current gen and next gen consoles. That dual development approach makes less and less sense the further away you get from the release of PS5 and XBSX. https://twitter.com/_TomHenderson_/status/1270035870318563329
    • From 2015 to 2018 DICE had been releasing a AAA shooter every year.  Based on that trend DICE is already overdue for a new AAA title.  An April 2021 release would mean BF6 had ~2.5x the normal development. (This is assuming BF6 had the combined resourses of both the Battlefield and Battlefront teams after BFV was released)

Battlefield 6 is NextgenOnly!

BF6 will release Q4 2021.
  • -Antares65z
    1782 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:

Where did you hear that they might be releasing a remastered BF3 this year?  All I've heard is that the next BF game (what ever its going to be) is in 2021. Maybe I missed it. 
  • CSO7777
    edited June 20
    CSO7777 said:

Where did you hear that they might be releasing a remastered BF3 this year?  All I've heard is that the next BF game (what ever its going to be) is in 2021. Maybe I missed it. 
    Several youtubers have talked about this (AKA-ART and others), but unless BF6 is released in the fall of 2021, it would be a 'weird' decision by Dice, from a business standpoint.

A remastered BF3 with higher tick-rate and nicer graphics (etc, etc) would be very nice, but it would probably end up being a competitor for BF6, which speaks against it happening.
  • PSJackman4
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    please DICE, PLEASE!!!! PLEASE don't make the next BF game be modern! Modern shooters are overdone and I don't want to wait 6 more games till we get another historical Battlefield game. 
  • GerocK-
    684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really like the "happy bunny" reference, but I think that's almost too clever to be real.
    Enjoyable post though! Nice theory and well thought out. Now I'm kinda hoping it will be an April 2021 release
  • just4FunTA
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    please DICE, PLEASE!!!! PLEASE don't make the next BF game be modern! Modern shooters are overdone and I don't want to wait 6 more games till we get another historical Battlefield game. 
    you have BF1 and BF5 what else do you need? Next BF will be modern best setting there is!

• PSJackman4
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 22
    you have BF1 and BF5 what else do you need? Next BF will be modern best setting there is!

You have Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield Bad company 1&2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, and Battlefield Hardline. What else do you need?

We don't have a Korean War BF game, nor do we have another Vietnam BF title. 

As for BFV, we didn't get the Russian Army, D-Day, Fall of Berlin, the French Army, the Italian Army, or Pacific Naval battles. So I would want to see another WW2 BF game sometime soon.

• CSO7777

You have Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Battlefield Bad company 1&2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, and Battlefield Hardline. What else do you need?

As for BFV, we didn't get the Russian Army, D-Day, Fall of Berlin, the French Army, the Italian Army, or Pacific Naval battles. So I would want to see another WW2 BF game sometime soon.

I think the next BF-game will have cosmetics and a live service (almost all games do this now).

Going for a modern setting will make this a lot easier for Dice, because people have no historical reference for the look of uniforms/players.

Also weapon customization is much easier to implement in a modern setting, it gives Dice a lot of possibilities.
  • GerocK-
    684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I would love a WW2 Battlefield that is as good as Battlefield 1. I tried BF:V but it never made me feel like I was experiencing WW2.
    But it's been 5-6 years (if you count Hardline) since Battlefield's last modern warfare game. And unfortunately the majority of players seem to enjoy modern warfare more than historical shooters. So I'm afraid my/our wait for a next-gen WW2 shooter (that is actually good) will continue.
  • MarauderFox
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Rumors are rumors, BF3 remastered is no different. Ever since BFV, the popular BF channels have been praising every aspect of BF3, that, its sale, extremely positive reception and approval to this day makes it the perfect target as a rumor, don't believe anything unless a confirmed leak, data mine or confirmation is made.

The market is tired of Futuristic FPS thanks to COD, and they're tired of historic FPS thanks to BF1 & V
    The franchise's best bet is modern 1980s-Present or 1960-1980s, the audience prefers modern.