Thoughts from an old gamer

Comments

• HugoPlayNow
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMO the BF series as a whole has the best "feel" over any other FPS.  Something about the graphics, the X, the sound when you get a hit is perfection.

I'm also amazed at how different the opinions are as to which is the best in the series.  I thought BF1 was absolute perfection, and expected BFv to be similar but just a different war.  My dissapointment in BF5 is not with the general feel, but how mines and rocket launchers are so ineffective...especially against tanks.  AP mines are useless....why plant an AP mine if it is going to just tickle the ankles?!?

Also....Some maps are too bland, but the Pacific Theater launched some great maps and the addition to sea craft helped a lot.  I played just Pacific for weeks on end.  I am enjoying BF5 more especially since BF1 lobby is shrinking badly.

FWIW I play on XB1...I might have a "disadvantage" with the controller, but I have no cheater complaints and can play in a comfortable position with my feet up instead of hunched over a desk with mouse and keyboard...that sounds like hell to me.

I look forward to BF6 warts and all.  The whole series has a feel no other has.  I just hope they combine the best of all the series into it.
  • TFBisquit
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So typical....

This thread totally turned into a BFV Bash, lol.
    And really Mr. Veteran OP, how much time do you even have in BFV?? Thought so.

I'll bet 75% of all who replied are PC platform, and your complaints have to do with cheating/hacking.

We all miss the old days of BF2 Bad Company, etc., etc.., but let's be honest here. BFV is pretty much better looking and functioning than any other FPS out there that can support 64 players, a myriad of vehicles, and destructible environments.

If y'all hate it that much, find a new game, and a new forum.

It's all about adapting, and overcoming, teamwork, communication and practice.

*End of Rant

Ah, I played ken uston on the coleco vision from "Adams" , that console resembled the arcade machines the most back at the time.
    but indeed, most gamers come from the pc platform, since that beat the old fashioned consoles back then. The sega mega drive fought back with sonic and the rest, giving room for ps and xbox in years to come.
    I myself never liked battlefield games but made an exception with bf2142. I did like that game, enough to buy BF3, since cod, yes cod, became copy/paste after mw2, and lacked player numbers in a round.
    In the end of the day we just want to play a militairy shooter.
  • trip1ex
    5212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So typical....

I'll bet 75% of all who replied are PC platform, and your complaints have to do with cheating/hacking.

We all miss the old days of BF2 Bad Company, etc., etc.., but let's be honest here. BFV is pretty much better looking and functioning than any other FPS out there that can support 64 players, a myriad of vehicles, and destructible environments.

*End of Rant

EVery game is about adapting and overcoming and teamwork and communication.  Even the bad ones.   
  • clouseau2112
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, if I'm understanding you correctly..

A vast majority (I'm on Xbox platform btw), here on these (BFV) forums absolutely loathe BFV, or rip on it, whatever.....yet here you are...ON the BFV forums continuing to bash the game...
    To what end?? Are your complaints going to change anything...maybe send a wake up call to the Dev's....NO, they're not.

Really...who spends time on these forums complaining constantly...sounds like a total waste of your time? Are you like trying to get more people to jump aboard your complaining ship, or what??

These forums are nothing but a complain-a-thon...
  • Forkbeard84
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

A vast majority (I'm on Xbox platform btw), here on these (BFV) forums absolutely loathe BFV, or rip on it, whatever.....yet here you are...ON the BFV forums continuing to bash the game...
    To what end?? Are your complaints going to change anything...maybe send a wake up call to the Dev's....NO, they're not.

Really...who spends time on these forums complaining constantly...sounds like a total waste of your time? Are you like trying to get more people to jump aboard your complaining ship, or what??

BF5 sux
  • clouseau2112
    214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ha ha...
    Great response, or lack thereof.
  • Magikf1ngers
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So typical....

*End of Rant
    So typical - someone griping about someone griping.  And now you have me doing it.

For those of us that have invested almost two decades in the franchise, we're entitled to be able to vent our opinions on what this game has become.  Yes, I'll wager most of us are on PC, as at first, the game wasn't on console at all, especially since the first version on XBox and PS(2 at the time, I think?) was BF2, and even then, BF2 didn't include the expansions for the console.

Battlefield's lost it's vision.  It's soul.  It's something different now, pandering to COD players or something.  Instead of holding on to what made this game the best, it's trying to conform to a lesser game with COD and other competitors.  

If you can't handle the criticism, can't handle that we ALL should be allowed to express our opinions, then maybe YOU should find a different game, and a different forums.  Or go crawl into Reddit where it's all toxic there anyway.
  • VOLBANKER
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Things are not black and white. It’s possible to love playing the game and “complain” / suggest changes at the same time.
  • Netranger9
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You know,in 2 decades and thousands of hours playing(all on PC),I think I am vetted enough to voice my opinion.The one thing that has turned me off  BFV more than the rampant cheating is the one frame deaths.Infuriating is a word I dont use much but it describes the one frame deaths perfectly.I play to enjoy myself and with BFV all it does most of the time is make me angry(I see the enemy first,I fire first but he 1 shot killes me) and this has happened hundreds of times,for every 10 deaths I get I deserved 3 and on my screen I should have easily got the other 7.The other thing that is frustrating beyond belief is I check an area and  then I turn around and get a magazine in my back from a guy that didnt exist 1 second ago(happens all the time).As for these forums,Im not going to lie - I hate them with all of my being,its the exact reason (IMO) that the world is the way it is,we are painted into a corner here and have no free speech at all basiclly.Anyway I could go on for days so ill just leave it at that.

• KPNuts74
    682 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love BFV - best gunplay & movement I’ve known in a FPS
  • Celsi_GER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

At least we are talking about the game (in the game's forum), while you try to psycho-analyze us and complain about... lol... our complaining.
    Looks like an even bigger waste of time to me...
  • Player_rs688is9
    91 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bf1942 was amazing, there was No talk about kd and other ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ like that and campers wasnt a thing like todays rainbow six/fortnite-generation. It was all attack and the maps were insane.
  • clayman2000
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I got hooked on BFBC2, continued with BF 3 and 4. Great games! I was close to quit BC2 after a while cause i got killed all the time and couldnt keep up. Then i joined the UXF forums and met a bunch of great people and gamers around the world. They were much more skilled in BF than me, but they let me squad up with them and kept me alive! 😁 In return i provided them with support mostly and learned how to get points without having a high K/D. Great times!
    To bad the forum died out with the declining BF H and BF 1.
    Im having fun with BF 5 though and feel free to add me on Xbox(Clayman2000) im i Europe (Sweden) and play alot better with mic and a good squad!
    Im 45 years young😊
  • Netranger9
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:
    I love BFV - best gunplay & movement I’ve known in a FPS
    Have you taken your meds today mate??,lol.
  • KPNuts74
    682 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Netranger9 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    The view that the gunplay/movement on BFV is great is a pretty common one (certainly on console). I’m sure YouTubers such as Westie also acknowledge this.
  • Celsi_GER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was also my opinion, gunplay and TTK are quite good now... but movement... I was annoyed by getting stuck/blocked by simple things laying on the ground before already (especially on Devastation), but since they added the stupid knee sliding, I am not happy with the movement anymore.
  • Magikf1ngers
    152 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    It was also my opinion, gunplay and TTK are quite good now... but movement... I was annoyed by getting stuck/blocked by simple things laying on the ground before already (especially on Devastation), but since they added the stupid knee sliding, I am not happy with the movement anymore.
    The getting stuck on small things has been a problem since day 1 with Frostbite.  (It's also an issue with Source - but that's a different story).  

The slide thing is a ridiculous add that shouldn't be there.  Neither should the sprint while crouched.  (Has anyone ever tried to sprint while crouched?  It doesn't work.  Bent over at the waist maybe, but that presents a different target than sprinting while crouched does.) 

There's a lot of good in Frostbite, but a lot of broken stuff as well.
  • Netranger9
    KPNuts74 said:
    Netranger9 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    The view that the gunplay/movement on BFV is great is a pretty common one (certainly on console). I’m sure YouTubers such as Westie also acknowledge this.
    Yeah I have to agree with some thought,the gunplay is good.Sorry for getting in your face,the day I had wasnt real good.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would go a long way on cheating if EA would brag about cheaters banned, threaten cheaters, and do something to let us straight players know that EA cares. Just because you are afraid of admitting that cheaters flock here like buzzards to a road kill, what exactly are you afraid of?
  • Bopper7629
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First off I am older to, 43....I have played all of the BF games except 1942 & BF 2142....So with all of my experiences from all of the games, honestly I LOVE BF3 & BF: Bad Company 2...I had the most fun in those two games...BF 4 ran a close second to bad company IMHO. With the constant updates and TTK or TTD changes in BF V it made the game unplayable for me...I like to use support and once DICE changed the TTK after the first 6 weeks of BF V, i said ok, now i have to work for my kills...OK, but when they changed it again this past Christmas, the support class was wiped out...I could literally hit you 7x and you wouldn't die where as you could hit me 4-6 times with a smg and kill me...I think for BF 6, they need to do their homework as far as damage goes for what bullets and from what rifles or handguns they come out of...A M1 Grand should be no more than 2 hits to kill, that bullet was designed for hunting animals that don't go down easy...That bullet will take your back out with 1-2 hits and you're most certainly dead...I understand it is a video game, but at least get the guns right for a FPS...As far as the bullet drop off and distances sometimes i ask why bother with it at all if you can't even get what kind of damage that bullet does in the real world transferred into the video game right...Also, why make it so long to come back into the game once you die...Dice we don't need these long cut scenes either reviving someone or getting into or out of vehicles....It seems like you want to concentrate on graphics, not the actual game play..Also what happened to releasing a game bug free??? So many damn updates to take care of bugs and things that don't work right...I wish i could get paid for doing half the job...If i am paying 59.99 or more for a game, i want it bug and glitch free...Sorry for the rant but I deleted BF V off of my PS4 yesterday..I don't know what the update did, but for me it seems as if the TTK or TTD has been tinkered with again or they reset my configuration..My aim has been consistently way off with weapons I normally use and the ZH-29 is a 2 hit kill weapon..After I did the last update it took 3 shots to kill someone at 89 meters with the ZH-29...HMM don't know what happened, but too much crap from BF 5, I've had it, so it goes bye bye!!!~End Rant