Thoughts from an old gamer

1235»

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 said:
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    We all expect  the grenades to be Thermal Detonators

Who even knows what the affect of a thermal detonator is meant to be???
    It is like the Holy Hand Grenade minus the  chorus
  • ragnarok013
    3777 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Celsi_GER said:
    It was also my opinion, gunplay and TTK are quite good now... but movement... I was annoyed by getting stuck/blocked by simple things laying on the ground before already (especially on Devastation), but since they added the stupid knee sliding, I am not happy with the movement anymore.
    Celsi_GER I love BF3\4 but you get stuck a lot more on pebbles in those games than in BF5...it's one of the few improvements in BF5 that I really like compared to the older games.

• Crashpilot1001
    258 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am an old gamer as well with the big 50 in sight... If I was EA/DICE I would come up with an industry leading anticheat inside origin protecting all my games at 99% rate and I would go down the modding route for BF5. I would release a watered down mapeditor where the users can create their own custom maps using the maps/objects from the game only and with the ability to import the geometry of older maps from BF3/4/1. The modding community would go berserk over that. You would see the sales of BF5 ramping up like crazy and the players having endless fun wrecking and creating. And EA/DICE could hire the most talented modders as well. But hey, thank god I have nothing to say at EA/DICE because my ideas are too far off and out of wack....
  • trip1ex
    5213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    First off I am older to, 43....I have played all of the BF games except 1942 & BF 2142....So with all of my experiences from all of the games, honestly I LOVE BF3 & BF: Bad Company 2...I had the most fun in those two games...BF 4 ran a close second to bad company IMHO. With the constant updates and TTK or TTD changes in BF V it made the game unplayable for me...I like to use support and once DICE changed the TTK after the first 6 weeks of BF V, i said ok, now i have to work for my kills...OK, but when they changed it again this past Christmas, the support class was wiped out...I could literally hit you 7x and you wouldn't die where as you could hit me 4-6 times with a smg and kill me...I think for BF 6, they need to do their homework as far as damage goes for what bullets and from what rifles or handguns they come out of...A M1 Grand should be no more than 2 hits to kill, that bullet was designed for hunting animals that don't go down easy...That bullet will take your back out with 1-2 hits and you're most certainly dead...I understand it is a video game, but at least get the guns right for a FPS...As far as the bullet drop off and distances sometimes i ask why bother with it at all if you can't even get what kind of damage that bullet does in the real world transferred into the video game right...Also, why make it so long to come back into the game once you die...Dice we don't need these long cut scenes either reviving someone or getting into or out of vehicles....It seems like you want to concentrate on graphics, not the actual game play..Also what happened to releasing a game bug free??? So many damn updates to take care of bugs and things that don't work right...I wish i could get paid for doing half the job...If i am paying 59.99 or more for a game, i want it bug and glitch free...Sorry for the rant but I deleted BF V off of my PS4 yesterday..I don't know what the update did, but for me it seems as if the TTK or TTD has been tinkered with again or they reset my configuration..My aim has been consistently way off with weapons I normally use and the ZH-29 is a 2 hit kill weapon..After I did the last update it took 3 shots to kill someone at 89 meters with the ZH-29...HMM don't know what happened, but too much crap from BF 5, I've had it, so it goes bye bye!!!~End Rant
    gotta like the juxtapose of   asking for bullet damage that is an exact replica of reality but then asking why it takes so long to get back into the game when you die.    
  • CuSith
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hi there im 42 and played all BFs and BF2 was the best. Ok the movement was horrible but it was a real Battlefield-Game.

In my opinion the Tank and plane spawnsystem is one of the biggest mistakes from Dice.
    The old System had sometimes Problems with people who waiting in base for a spawning tank but know the people doesnt spawn and spam the tank button at the map... 

I miss the good old BF2 Commander mode !  everything after this was just crap.
    And the most important thing are real customservers with settings like sniperlimit. 
    rush mode with 50% snipers in attack suxx, but i really want more RUSH maps !

PS: best Anticheat ist still the callvote kick. The community become healthy.
    PPS: sry for my englishskills ;)

• CuSith
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i forget 2 facts :D 

modding scene made the great Desercombat mod. = DICE made BF2...
    modding scene made the great Eve of Destruction mod. = DICE made BF Vietnam...

• VOLBANKER
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I often have trouble jumping up on something nowadays, for example when I’m up running on the rails on Rotterdam Conquest and want to jump into the train. Often I have to try multiple times before the jump succeeds. Typically I have to back a little bit and then do the jump for it to work.
  • Magikf1ngers
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    I often have trouble jumping up on something nowadays, for example when I’m up running on the rails on Rotterdam Conquest and want to jump into the train. Often I have to try multiple times before the jump succeeds. Typically I have to back a little bit and then do the jump for it to work.
    We all have that problem as we age...  

(yeah, old guy joke in an old guy thread.  Couldn't help it.)  
  • GenCuster
    179 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:

There is no fault of the game .....
    It’s your own fault...
    With your age, your kneecaps are calcifying.
    You should take more calcium first.
    Think when they’re microtransacting even the elderly diapers...
    would be EA’s biggest economic move :D:D:D

• tempo_rarity
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Diapers? Nope .
    Their biggest seller would be a Walker with a built-in step .
    Uppsy!

I'm so old . . . 
    When I saw Tractor I got all nostalgic , thinking of my long-gone youth where I used one just like it to work the farms way back in the day .
    To complete this nostalgia trip all I'll need is the memorable view from the seat and so I get on it . . .
    . . and so I try to get on it . . 
    . . annnnd try again to get on it . . 
    . . .annnnnnd , again  . .
    . . .
    . . .
    When I saw Tractor I got all nostalgic . . . 
     :D