Anti Air right now at is broken and way too op, and i am an infantry main

cheapcamper
16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited June 27
being a pilot main, I used to think that anti air was not powerful enough even after the recent patch. pilots could wiggle around and as results, its hard to land aa shots

however, i just realized that after more using anti air, it is a piece of cake for infantry to take down planes with practice and anti air is still overpowered except aginest the top 1% really good pilots that can spam rockets at 600+ meters. other wise flieiger just kills them all.

therefore,  as a infantry who can take down on 10+ planes in a match unless there are elite pilots, i would like to say to dice, what were you thinking for having the courage to buffing the AA. it makes the game so much more broken, so that flying is not only reserved for the real sweaty pilots who continue to have insane killstreaks but rest of us got eaten alive before having a chance.

Post edited by cheapcamper on

Comments

• Frindly-Fire-4
    246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The AA and fliger Are too op and must get nerfed , not all planes have rockets or we should all use one plane so we can fly, it's a frustrating experience right now to fly.
  • cheapcamper
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    fliger are actually ok right now as you need to get relatively close to get sure hitted by fligers, try fligers againest decent pilots before you calling them op. again i spend more time in a plane than anti air, and i have to say planes are still winning if pilots are aware of there the threat are coming from.
  • cheapcamper
    or atlease, reduce the damage of fliger vs bombers , but fighter planes need to get 0hked by a full salvo fliger. this stopping power is what is needed from ez rockets farming by fighter planes againest ground scrubs,
  • Terminator000001
    982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 22
    > Pilot main

> Pilot class is at the 4th place on most used classes with even the lowest total points and in the top 3 planes are Zero A6M5 and Corsair C present

> 🦆

You're average at best. And using rockets to outrange the AA, your opinion is no wonder here. The damage of the AA is fine, excluding the one shot capability of the Fliegerfaust, but the range is not. It's too extreme.
    Most plane maps are this small, that the AA can shoot across the entire map. Even at the bigger ones like Hamada, there only needs to be a Flakpanzer IV sitting on the hill on the german spawn and he locks down 80% of the playable area and even reaches the british spawn.

Balancing the game after the good pilots only make the weaker players suffer.
  • cheapcamper
    well if even average pilots like me are doing ok with the AA buff, that means pilots who are leagues better than be can go unchecked. and you know what? this is exactly what happened!
  • cheapcamper
    edited June 22
    well, i dont have to be a fulltime sweat pilot like you, sir,  to be entitled to an opnion. if you play exclusively planes and claim AA are overpowered, your opnion should be taken with a grain of salt as you have a conflict of interest. i play all kinds of maps and not planes only, and i dont sitaround waiting for planes during no plane slots. I do also enjoy plane gameplay a lot and i prefer the pacific maps because of it is newer and i just resume playing this game at december of 2019. i fly my fair share of VA, VB and ju88 and mozzies, and i am still having a blast even after the AA buff patch. if average pilots like me are still dominating the battlefield in planes (top 8% for kill per mins), that means AA is a viable threat in the hands of expert AA operator, but most of the AA users are average at best. as result it is easy to use quick repair and flee only to restock and kill the aa when they are unaware.  i find flying to be powerful againest most of the ground units with exception to aa units. whom has a lot of counters. AA's are powerful and has insane reach, but it is there so the poor ground soilders have a fighting chance againest planes, elite or amaterus alike. 
  • Terminator000001
    982 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody said that you aren't allowed to have an opinion. But calling yourself as a pilot main is... an unfitting description for yourself. I also do play everything, but when I get a chance to get a plane, that even doesn't have rockets, I take it.

This patch didn't add anything positive to a healthy balance, except for some people to live out their personal vendetta against planes.
    As I said, the damage is fine, but the range is not considering most plane maps are way too small.

Planes without rockets are in a massive disadvantage, because of the insane range. And for weaker pilots or those who are interested to learn that, which they have all the rights in the world, they get shredded within seconds.
    Good pilots will always adapt, they always did over several different Battlefield games.

For this particular game, there needs to be a massive rebalance as a whole to make things fair for everyone. And for a Battlefield 6, bombers need to be kicked out completely. Those are the major problem to begin with since BF1.
  • cheapcamper
    if there is only a way to keep stronger pilots in check but give the weaker pilots a chance to learn flying
  • cheapcamper
    edited June 22
    except i also played bombers, and i found most of the time it is still viable. unless you have a single player set on a mission of AA whole game. and even than its still doable. even with P51k is perfectly viable.
  • Terminator000001
    Bombers who do high altitude bombing are also pretty common and the reaction to.the current situation.
  • Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 22
    > Pilot main

> Pilot class is at the 4th place on most used classes with even the lowest total points and in the top 3 planes are Zero A6M5 and Corsair C present

> 🦆

You're average at best. And using rockets to outrange the AA, your opinion is no wonder here. The damage of the AA is fine, excluding the one shot capability of the Fliegerfaust, but the range is not. It's too extreme.
    Most plane maps are this small, that the AA can shoot across the entire map. Even at the bigger ones like Hamada, there only needs to be a Flakpanzer IV sitting on the hill on the german spawn and he locks down 80% of the playable area and even reaches the british spawn.

Balancing the game after the good pilots only make the weaker players suffer.
    I want to  somewhat disagree that  the AA got balanced after good pilots. It got balanced only in a "throw things at the wall to see what sticks" manner with nothing but spreadsheets in mind.
    If one wanted to balanced the game to reduce what good pilots can do then they would have to lower the figurative ceiling of what a pilot can do without making less hardocre piloting even more of a problem.
    I am no expert but I think that  just reducing the effective range of a lot of things that a pilot can use to snipe others with would be a better balance than mapwide AA radius.
    I would also make it so a plane that is moving towards someones direction is a lot more audible so they can hear it and react to it. A sneaky pilot can get around and behind an AA and strike it before it has the chance to hear the engine of the incoming plane. Considering that the WW2 planes were not supersonic, this should not be happening.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • cheapcamper
    the point is, i find pilots who say its ok to 0hk tanks and infantry with planes, but got mad if they got 0hk by fliger a bit of a double standard. espically if getting 0hk by fligers is completly avoidable by keeping distance yet 0hk as infantry there is nothing they can do about it except for one class with one loadout. BFV is about total warfare. This is not warthunder. as much as i enjoy flying i think this game would only be viable if infantry felt they could have a viable counter to the plane menace 
  • Terminator000001
    edited June 22
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

I want to  somewhat disagree that  the AA got balanced after good pilots. It got balanced only in a "throw things at the wall to see what sticks" manner with nothing but spreadsheets in mind..If one wanted to balanced the game to reduce what good pilots can do then they would have to lower the figurative ceiling of what a pilot can do without making less hardocre piloting even more of a problem..I am no expert but I think that  just reducing the effective range of a lot of things that a pilot can use to snipe others with would be a better balance than mapwide AA radius.I would also make it so a plane that is moving towards someones direction is a lot more audible so they can hear it and react to it. A sneaky pilot can get around and behind an AA and strike it before it has the chance to gear the engine of the incoming plane. Considering that the WW2 planes were not supersonic, this should not be happening.

I may have choosen the wrong words, but the main point is, that only the good pilots know how to deal with the current situation.
    Ofcourse when the range of AA gets reduced, there also need to be the range of rockets reduced, to be on a similar level. Just as an example how to change some things. 🦆
    the point is, i find pilots who say its ok to 0hk tanks and infantry with planes, but got mad if they got 0hk by fliger a bit of a double standard.

I'm not interested to start a fight at this point here. While I think we agree that tanks shouldn't be such an easy 1HK, what are you going to do for infantry? Such a large amount of the arsenal of bombs and rockets are this big, that hitting infantry with that it's only logical that they're dead on impact. Of course infantry isn't the main target of those weapons, but by that logic, direct hits from tank shells or Panzerfaust & Co. shouldn't be either 1HK.
    espically if getting 0hk by fligers is completly avoidable by keeping distance yet 0hk as infantry there is nothing they can do about it except for one class with one loadout.

The current Fliegerfaust behaves like a tank shell or a Panzerfaust when it fully hits a plane. The pilot has absolutely no reaction time to counter that. And at least for my part, I get hit out of nothing from a Fliegerfaust, while I'm doing anything but going for ground targets.
    I talked with my girlfriend about that topic at the same time while we're talking here. She suggested, that it should take much more skill to take out a plane within one burst, by increasing the delay between two shots of the burst. So that the Fliegerfaust player has to calculate, where the plane is moving next more precisely and has more time to lead his shot. And that a full hit should destroy the plane.
    That means, that the Fliegerfaust is still able to kill a plane within one burst, but give the pilot a chance to react to that.

BFV is about total warfare. This is not warthunder. as much as i enjoy flying i think this game would only be viable if infantry felt they could have a viable counter to the plane menace 

We all know that this is no War Thunder. But the medal has two sides. At the same time this shouldn´t isn't a Call of Duty, where the infantry gets hold on his hands against vehicles.
  • Hawxxeye
    7504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I may have choosen the wrong words, but the main point is, that only the good pilots know how to deal with the current situation.
    Ofcourse when the range of AA gets reduced, there also need to be the range of rockets reduced, to be on a similar level. Just as an example how to change some things. 🦆

I wish that simple solution suggestion could get more traction.
    This plus the suggestion to make incoming planes more audible so people can hear them coming and react to them like they would even irl would level the playing field a lot
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the point is, i find pilots who say its ok to 0hk tanks and infantry with planes, but got mad if they got 0hk by fliger a bit of a double standard. espically if getting 0hk by fligers is completly avoidable by keeping distance yet 0hk as infantry there is nothing they can do about it except for one class with one loadout. BFV is about total warfare. This is not warthunder. as much as i enjoy flying i think this game would only be viable if infantry felt they could have a viable counter to the plane menace 

Double standerd is when you kill a plane with fliger one shot but you cant kill a tank as infantary with one shot, planes cant kill a tank now with one hit unless it's a bomber , planes are nerffed to ground now, your 1000 lb bombs cant kill a tank and have low damage to infantary, incindary bombs are Graphic effects only, your cannons can deal damage as an lmg infantary gun and they work only in a limited range , pay load and reload time are ridiculous Compared to other bf games , it's so boring to fly a plane now with all the nerf to them. Yet some claim that planes are op, they should balance planes and the game to be fun but if some players dont like them they can play the infantary maps, they should not destroy air game play for infantary players only ,players who love the battlefield experince dont have the joy right now playing the game as it is.
  • Hawxxeye

Double standerd is when you kill a plane with fliger one shot but you cant kill a tank as infantary with one shot, planes cant kill a tank now with one hit unless it's a bomber , planes are nerffed to ground now, your 1000 lb bombs cant kill a tank and have low damage to infantary, incindary bombs are Graphic effects only, your cannons can deal damage as an lmg infantary gun and they work only in a limited range , pay load and reload time are ridiculous Compared to other bf games , it's so boring to fly a plane now with all the nerf to them. Yet some claim that planes are op, they should balance planes and the game to be fun but if some players dont like them they can play the infantary maps, they should not destroy air game play for infantary players only ,players who love the battlefield experince dont have the joy right now playing the game as it is.
    It is part of the DICE's philosophy to address a vehicle or gun being strong by simply flat out nerfing its damage/area of effect so people cannot die as easily so they do not complain.
    For the 4000lb bomb they went a step further and made it fall so slow that a soldier who watches the plane can see the bomb falling and move out of the way in time.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    (Quote)

It is part of the DICE's philosophy to address a vehicle or gun being strong by simply flat out nerfing its damage/area of effect so people cannot die as easily so they do not complain.For the 4000lb bomb they went a step further and made it fall so slow that a soldier who watches the plane can see the bomb falling and move out of the way in time.

No wonder the game failed if that their approach
  • Hawxxeye
    (Quote)

It is part of the DICE's philosophy to address a vehicle or gun being strong by simply flat out nerfing its damage/area of effect so people cannot die as easily so they do not complain.For the 4000lb bomb they went a step further and made it fall so slow that a soldier who watches the plane can see the bomb falling and move out of the way in time.

No wonder the game failed if that their approach
    As much as I am inclined to agree, BFV's failure is a much more complex issue.
    DICE have shown to have that nerfing to near irrelevance approach at least since BF3 with the FAMAS AR being a prime example.
  • spychodelics
    391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 22
    This forum eats my post ... 

You meant, soldier can step out of the 5m blast radius?
  • Terminator000001
    This forum eats my post ... 

You meant, soldier can step out of the 5m blast radius?

Watch a Mosquito dropping his egg and try for yourself. 🦆
This discussion has been closed.