Anti Air right now at is broken and way too op, and i am an infantry main

Comments

• spychodelics
    391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This forum eats my post ... 

You meant, soldier can step out of the 5m blast radius?

Watch a Mosquito dropping his egg and try for yourself. 🦆
    I did see the Clip provided by Hawxxeye in the other thread, i found it quite amazing that he was moving maybe 10m away and didnt get any damage. 
  • spychodelics
    391 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    the point is, i find pilots who say its ok to 0hk tanks and infantry with planes, but got mad if they got 0hk by fliger a bit of a double standard. espically if getting 0hk by fligers is completly avoidable by keeping distance yet 0hk as infantry there is nothing they can do about it except for one class with one loadout. BFV is about total warfare. This is not warthunder. as much as i enjoy flying i think this game would only be viable if infantry felt they could have a viable counter to the plane menace 

Double standerd is when you kill a plane with fliger one shot but you cant kill a tank as infantary with one shot, planes cant kill a tank now with one hit unless it's a bomber , planes are nerffed to ground now, your 1000 lb bombs cant kill a tank and have low damage to infantary, incindary bombs are Graphic effects only, your cannons can deal damage as an lmg infantary gun and they work only in a limited range , pay load and reload time are ridiculous Compared to other bf games , it's so boring to fly a plane now with all the nerf to them. Yet some claim that planes are op, they should balance planes and the game to be fun but if some players dont like them they can play the infantary maps, they should not destroy air game play for infantary players only ,players who love the battlefield experince dont have the joy right now playing the game as it is.
    It is part of the DICE's philosophy to address a vehicle or gun being strong by simply flat out nerfing its damage/area of effect so people cannot die as easily so they do not complain.
    For the 4000lb bomb they went a step further and made it fall so slow that a soldier who watches the plane can see the bomb falling and move out of the way in time.
    The 5m blast radius you meant?
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    The 5m blast radius you meant?

visual effects bombs only
  • SirBobdk
    5225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you only like spamming rockets at ground, and not dogfighting then I guess Air is perfekt. I just find it dead boring.
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    If you only like spamming rockets at ground, and not dogfighting then I guess Air is perfekt. I just find it dead boring.

Yup flying is dead boring now
  • spychodelics
    Hawxxeye said:
    the point is, i find pilots who say its ok to 0hk tanks and infantry with planes, but got mad if they got 0hk by fliger a bit of a double standard. espically if getting 0hk by fligers is completly avoidable by keeping distance yet 0hk as infantry there is nothing they can do about it except for one class with one loadout. BFV is about total warfare. This is not warthunder. as much as i enjoy flying i think this game would only be viable if infantry felt they could have a viable counter to the plane menace 

Double standerd is when you kill a plane with fliger one shot but you cant kill a tank as infantary with one shot, planes cant kill a tank now with one hit unless it's a bomber , planes are nerffed to ground now, your 1000 lb bombs cant kill a tank and have low damage to infantary, incindary bombs are Graphic effects only, your cannons can deal damage as an lmg infantary gun and they work only in a limited range , pay load and reload time are ridiculous Compared to other bf games , it's so boring to fly a plane now with all the nerf to them. Yet some claim that planes are op, they should balance planes and the game to be fun but if some players dont like them they can play the infantary maps, they should not destroy air game play for infantary players only ,players who love the battlefield experince dont have the joy right now playing the game as it is.
    It is part of the DICE's philosophy to address a vehicle or gun being strong by simply flat out nerfing its damage/area of effect so people cannot die as easily so they do not complain.
    For the 4000lb bomb they went a step further and made it fall so slow that a soldier who watches the plane can see the bomb falling and move out of the way in time.
    The 5m blast radius you mean? 
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    240 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You cant just reduce the range of rockets and everything is okay... AA is damage over time while rockets are burst damage... you would have to make them less accurate and give them a pinpoint blast radius in addition... they should of course get more accurate the closer the target is, but at the end of day should only be an anti tank weapon and bad against anything else...

But this is not the end to truely balance things, as i stated before the whole flakpanzer would need a major skill overhaul as most of the skills available are anti-infantry based and the ones based around air are too bad / weak... this wont happen there wont be a major balance wonder as this game has only around 18 more month to life... DICE wont spare any manpower to make such major improvements... wont make any sense for them... they will change some numbers in the future for sure, but they wont touch the rotten basement... my opinion...

• TFBisquit
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I still avoid plane maps.
    There, I said it.
  • Hawxxeye
    7480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

The 5m blast radius you mean? 
    I do not know the exact numbers but it is pathetic for a bomb that is supposed to literally bust a city block.
    Since you have already seen that video I do not need to link it again.
    But holy cow, why did you made the same post 5 times?
  • Celsi_GER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 22
    Again, even though I really want to keep the "peace" we had for some time now, I see myself compelled to point out the following:
    The Fliegerfaust can one-hit-kill a plane, yes. But only in ideal situation and when aimed perfectly. I would estimate that >90% of all FF shots which do not completely miss the target are not one-hit-kills.
    Therefore I find it quite misleading (not to say: unfair) to argue as if the FF OHKing a plane is a regular thing: the truth is that it rarely happens.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 22
    And about MAA. My eyes are falling from my face everytime when i'm trying to eyeball it after resupply. Fight can reach to endless point, and usually MAA wins the fight. Distance is just total disaster.

What comes to ohk, i find it funny. Can you alone destroy full hp tank with assaults 1 load? Last time when i tried, it didn't, was long time ago tho. Fighters can't ohk tanks and tanks can take cover, its enough to hide and be still behind the bush, you barely can see it when is not spotted. And that's the problem with MAA, you can't even go near it at all, only surprise and one load is not enough. Last few days my gameplay has been fixing planes and searching same MAA till my eyes dry out, meanwhile he is just chilling there and probably grabbing donuts same time whne firing. And balance between the planes are totally wacked... German planes have literally everything in loadout meanwhile uk and us planes struggle.

And flieger should not been ever ohk, i accept -99. It's about motivation who uses flieger, i find it funny anyway. I.e i killed guy with a plane, rockets okay? Gets angry, takes 10 sec to spawn, takes flieger, finds perfect bush and waits for dive, get's kill and i wait 2-5 mins. Logic.

EDIT: Also funny is, when you are dogfighting or going for a bomber. AA is killstealer btw.
    Post edited by Man_ILoveFishing on
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    Again, even though I really want to keep the "peace" we had for some time now, I see myself compelled to point out the following:
    The Fliegerfaust can one-hit-kill a plane, yes. But only in ideal situation and when aimed perfectly. I would estimate that >90% of all FF shots which do not completely miss the target are not one-hit-kills.
    Therefore I find it quite misleading (not to say: unfair) to argue as if the FF OHKing a plane is a regular thing: the truth is that it rarely happens.
    Okay, just take a plane and do medium/low dive every time, count how many times you get ohk flieged. It's not rare, its common.
  • TronaldDump45
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    being a pilot main, I used to think that anti air was too op since last patch.

however, i just realized that after more flying, it could still be viable for the better pilots and anti air is still underpowered againest the really good pilots that can spam rockets at 600+ meters. flieiger just cant reach them.

therefore,  as a pilot main who can go on 50+ killstreak when there are no aa's, i would like to say to dice, good job for having the courage to buffing the AA. it makes the game so much more enjoyable for most of the players, and really help keep the real sweaty pilots in check.

Big kudos to you man!! After the last changes.. i still see pilots complaining after i kill them.... it take me several lives to kill them.... and they complain about Static AA' s llol... i mean the dude spawn kill the AA location each 30 sec.....kill me 8 times... score 33-1 and is not happy!! Well, that' s funny... i realky like to wait for them in my static AA!!
  • Frindly-Fire-4
    I just wonder this game wanted to encourage a team work game play hens it allow a one hot kill fliger to a plane and an maa or aa camp in the red zone where no one can reach but he can reach all the map. Just wondering.
  • cashm0n3y08
    239 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    well if even average pilots like me are doing ok with the AA buff, that means pilots who are leagues better than be can go unchecked. and you know what? this is exactly what happened!
    You were proudly claiming to be a "pilot main" then an actual pilot main calls you out because your stats say otherwise, so now you're proudly an "average pilot." Really can't take anything you debate from this point forward seriously. You also make an argument that FF should OHK planes because planes can OHK infantry. It's a vehicle, it's supposed to have a degree of power that is greater than that of infantry. Would you be ok with infantry having access to a weapon or gadget that OHK tanks? If tankers can't accept that, then why should pilots? 
  • Celsi_GER
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 22
    (Quote)
    Okay, just take a plane and do medium/low dive every time, count how many times you get ohk flieged. It's not rare, its common.

I assume you (and others) keep suggesting I should get into a plane because you know I won't do it. And then you say I cannot judge the air <> antiair situation because I do not fly. Really, do we need to play this silly rhetorical game again?

Watching from the ground is sufficient, because I do not only watch myself all the time, but (if there are any) also what other guy's FF do to the planes I watch. And I talk to friends and other people using the FF, they all say the same: OHK is a one-in-5-maps thing at best for an average player like we are.
    OHKs are rare, that's a fact I watch all the time. Even some of your fellow pilots say that the FF is okay as it is.
    So either we are playing completely different games, or you are just mad that ground is not a set table of easy, helpless targets anymore and you want your invincible air toy back.
    I suspect the latter, and I hope Dice does not fall for this obvious attempt to make them nerf the Fliegerfaust again.
  • Terminator000001
    977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    You were proudly claiming to be a "pilot main" then an actual pilot main calls you out because your stats say otherwise, so now you're proudly an "average pilot."  

Well, I actually retired from flying in Battlefield games. 🦆
    Not because of the balance, it's because of other reasons.
    Celsi_GER wrote: »
    (Quote)

I assume you (and others) keep suggesting I should get into a plane because you know I won't do it. And then you say I cannot judge the air <> antiair situation because I do not fly. Really, do we need to play this silly rhetorical game again?

Watching from the ground is sufficient, because I do not only watch myself all the time, but (if there are any) also what other guy's FF do to the planes I watch. And I talk to friends and other people using the FF, they all say the same: OHK is a one-in-5-maps thing at best for an average player like we are.
    OHKs are rare, that's a fact I watch all the time. Even some of your fellow pilots say that the FF is okay as it is.
    So either we are playing completely different games, or you are just mad that ground is not a set table of easy, helpless targets anymore and you what your invincible air toy back.
    I suspect the latter, and I hope Dice does not fall for this obvious attempt to make them nerf the Fliegerfaust again.

At this specific case you're supposed to check how common low flying fighter planes are getting hit from Fliegerfausts, not plane balance in general. From my side I can tell that it is indeed very common. I even get hit from a Fliegerfaust pretty often, while I'm busy chasing an other plane. So a Fliegerfaust comes even more unexpected.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    edited June 22
    2x post.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    edited June 22
    Celsi_GER said:
    (Quote)

So either we are playing completely different games, or you are just mad that ground is not a set table of easy, helpless targets anymore and you want your invincible air toy back.
    Forum ate comment

I'm not asking you to get good in air, i want you to try and add other point of view. It's not enough arguing when you see one point of view. You need to understand air environment and "physics". What i'm saying, in a middle of dogfight you get slingshotted by flieger and its not rare, its common. You have no chances to dodge flieger @ low/medium height.

EDIT: It's maybe rare by one same person, add 10 more persons. It's gonna be 10 "rare" shots.
  • Celsi_GER
    This really, really confuses me. How can we make such dramatically different experiences about the same thing.
    I just checked, I have 97 Fliegerfaust kills now. I would estimate that approx. 45 are after 6.6. None of them is an OHK of an undamaged plane. How is this statistically possible if OHKs are such a common thing?
    Is my aiming that bad? I know how to hit a moving target, at least my overall KDR does say so.
    And usually I hit the planes I am firing FF on, but it's never 100 damage, the best I can do is ~90 damage.
    If ask the 4 of my 5 mates who also use FF from time to time: They are saying the same.

Under these circumstances which seem to violate the laws of probability: how should I believe you?
    I really try to reach an understanding here, but it currently it feels like you tell me the sky is orange, but all my experience says that it is blue.

This discussion has been closed.