Battlefield 1 Keeps Crashing

kontdevill
10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited June 22

Hello everyone.

Bought the game few days ago , but it's impossible to have any fun because in multiplayer game keeps crashing randomly.

My system

Ryzen 5 2600

RX 470 4 GB

16 GB Ram

500 W Power supply

and PRIME A320M-K Motherboard

I dug through multiple threads and tried the following

Windows is upto date and  potentially harmful 410*** or 428*** named updates are not installed

GPU Driver is upto date

Directx is upto date

Cleared origin cache

Tried repairing game using Origin client

disabling the Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher, and performing a Clean Boot

running Origin and Battlefield 1 as Administrator

Still game keeps crashing.

And as an extra fact which i am really not sure if it will mater but i bought this game via steam. So basically my steam client launches the game too.

Which of the solutions mentioned above you think i an doing wrong ?

Can you help me ?

Thank you.

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    1193 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have you tried repairing your game files using Origin/Steam? Try disabling the Steam overlay as well.

Are there any error codes that pop up when the game crashes?

Also by crash, do you mean CTD (Crash to Desktop) or BSoD (Blue Screen)?
  • kontdevill
    edited June 23
    Have you tried repairing your game files using Origin/Steam? Try disabling the Steam overlay as well.

Are there any error codes that pop up when the game crashes?

Also by crash, do you mean CTD (Crash to Desktop) or BSoD (Blue Screen)?

• kontdevill
    First of all thank you very much for replying.

Yes i am constantly repairing the game after every CTD (Crash to Desktop) using Origin/Steam. And i disabled Steam overlay as well

The frustrating thing is i do not when t he game will CTD . For example sometimes i can play non-stop for four  rounds . Other times in 5 minutes of my first round CTD happens.

And there are no error codes pops up after CTD. I just return back to Origin .

• Titan_Awaken
    1193 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    First of all thank you very much for replying.

Yes i am constantly repairing the game after every CTD (Crash to Desktop) using Origin/Steam. And i disabled Steam overlay as well

The frustrating thing is i do not when t he game will CTD . For example sometimes i can play non-stop for four  rounds . Other times in 5 minutes of my first round CTD happens.

And there are no error codes pops up after CTD. I just return back to Origin .

Could you try deleting the "Battlefield 1" folder in your Documents folder? C:\Users\(Your Username Here)\Documents\Battlefield 1

And if you haven't already, use DX11 instead of DX12 since the DX12 implementation is buggy (even to this day). Ignore this if you already using DX11.
  • kontdevill
    edited June 23
    Something went wrong with launching Battlefield 1 .Maybe an issue with my computer itself . Game neither launching or repairing . So i uninstalled the game and downloading it again right now. 

If CTD continues i will try to resolve it considering your suggestions . I will post an update right after trying . Thank you for sticking with me.
  • disposalist
    8926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Mine just crashed. Never does usually. Conincidence that a 'content update' turned up in Origin simultaneously?...
  • kontdevill
    I got through 2 rounds then CTD happened. I am repairing the game. 
  • Titan_Awaken
    I got through 2 rounds then CTD happened. I am repairing the game. 
    Definitely try the above: Delete your "Battlefield 1" folder in Documents. Those files don't get erased after you uninstall/reinstall the game (IIRC).
  • kontdevill
    edited June 26
    I did but unfortunately CTD continues. I did clean format to windows 10 yesterday which located in my SSD and origin and Battlefield 1 in HDD . I uninstalled Origin and reinstalling it now.

Update :  CTD Again and again. It's so frustrating mate.

Do you think the same problem will happen if i try other Battlefield titles ? Or are they more stable or whatever ?
    Post edited by kontdevill on
  • Titan_Awaken
    kontdevill wrote: »
    I did but unfortunately CTD continues. I did clean format to windows 10 yesterday which located in my SSD and origin and Battlefield 1 in HDD . I uninstalled Origin and reinstalling it now.

Update :  CTD Again and again. It's so frustrating mate.

Do you think the same problem will happen if i try other Battlefield titles ? Or are they more stable or whatever ?

I’m gonna be honest with you: I got no idea. Your drivers are up to date, your PC specs are great and you’ve tried the usual fixes.

At this point the only explanation is that some process or application running in the background is conflicting with your game and causing the crashes.

There is only one thing I can think of and that is to perform a 100% clean reset of your entire PC (erasing every personal file and restoring everything to its factory defaults). If BF1 still crashes, then I really have no idea.

Note: I’d only use this as an absolute last resort option.
  • kontdevill
    Thanks for your suggestion mate.

When CTD happens windows 10 event viewer displays Event ID 1000(100). I think thats where my problem lies. Do you have any suggestions regarding to that matter ? I 've been contacting EA Support lately -hence the late reply , sorry- and they gave me 3 way solution but still no permanent fix. I can play 1-2 round then BAM CTD
  • Titan_Awaken

When CTD happens windows 10 event viewer displays Event ID 1000(100). I think thats where my problem lies. Do you have any suggestions regarding to that matter ? I 've been contacting EA Support lately -hence the late reply , sorry- and they gave me 3 way solution but still no permanent fix. I can play 1-2 round then BAM CTD
    I did a quick google search and I came across this useful thread on Answers HQ that may be of use. Seems like the person there had some sort of CPU bottleneck and fixed the crash by limiting their framerate to 70.
  • kontdevill
    Thank you brother. I will surely try.

• Jinko_itx
    773 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I did a quick google search and I came across this useful thread on Answers HQ that may be of use. Seems like the person there had some sort of CPU bottleneck and fixed the crash by limiting their framerate to 70.
    i think if your cpu is getting too hot, the game exits right away 
  • Titan_Awaken
    edited June 29
    Jinko_itx said:

i think if your cpu is getting too hot, the game exits right away 
    Doubt it. If the CPU goes significantly above Tjunction max, the PC should shut itself off entirely (not just close the game) to prevent permanent damage to the processor. Or it could BSoD. 

If OP's computer is thermal throttling, he/she/they should experience a heavy loss in performance prior to the CTD but he/she/they haven't indicated such symptoms.
  • kontdevill
    edited June 30
    Brothers

Thank you for your replies . I played for an hour  and there was no CTD while i locked my fps 60 .

I hope this is a permanent fix. I also tried different fps like 57 71 61 but either i got Directx Error or CTD. I am assuming 60 fps is the sweet spot for me. Because i also added fps counter to the config file and it does not go above 60.

Thank you again.

Update : Brothers CTD started again i am pretty much back to start.
    Post edited by kontdevill on
  • kontdevill
    Brothers 

where are you ?

Can you help ?
  • CSO7777
    1774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This could very well be a hardware issue, which can be pretty hard to troubleshoot.

Is BF1 the only title doing this, try other games and see what happens (preferable a newer title that stresses your system).

Monitor your GPU/CPU-temps using MSI-afterburner, HWINFO or similar programs, do this while playing the game.

If you have enabled PBO in the bios, try disabling it.
  • PappaDraco
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2
    it seems like a cpu voltage issue, it can happen in the game even if you pass the 3d mark test try to raise the voltage of .05V each time and see if ti fix it or try to lower the frequency if temp are the issue
  • kontdevill
    edited July 2
    Thanks for answers brothers

Don't you think i would have problems in single player too if it's a hardware issue ? Because games like Far Cry 5 works fine with this specs.