Time BFV went free to play on console.

BURGERKRIEG
1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I see that the much maligned product tie in grind fest known as Star Wars Battlefront 2 is free for PSN users to download and keep.

Naturally the numbers playing and profile of the game has risen.

How about doing the same for BFV? It could certainly use some new blood.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    9351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 23
    They probably will, just like they did with BF1 and BF3 in the past (can't remember if they did the same for BF4).
  • BURGERKRIEG
    1065 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    They probably will, just like they did with BF1 and BF3 in the past (can't remember if they did the same for BF4).
    If the people that dismissed BFV out of hand with out could play the whole game for free, like SWBF2, I’m sure there would be better feeling towards the game. Generating a bit of goodwill for Battlefield.

Fingers crossed it happens.
  • jroggs
    1216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd settle for free DLC for past Battlefields to get rid of the player base divisions.
  • emerson1975
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can see that happening in the future because there’s gonna be a long wait till bf6.
  • doctorrocktor
    1951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would prefer all cosmetics were free,as they have stopped support for the game other than updates.
  • PSJackman4
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would prefer all cosmetics were free,as they have stopped support for the game other than updates.
    Knowing EA that probably won't happen. 
  • PSJackman4
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would want to see BF Hardline be free for PS+, as I am wanting to pick up that game to see what its all about.
  • PSJackman4
    jroggs said:
    I'd settle for free DLC for past Battlefields to get rid of the player base divisions.
    The DLCS are free for BF1, so why can't the DLCS be free for BF4? C'mon DICE and EA, make them free. 
  • GeneralXIV
    300 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure this would be a good idea. I don't think Battlefield V would survive it :P 

As a long term Battlefront II player, the game being free on PlayStation Plus had a negative effect on the game. Yes, there were more players and that was great, but the overall quality of games went down. It's perfectly normal for new players to be defeated by the old ones, that's to be expected, but teamplay and objective play have become non-existent in the games I've had since PlayStation Plus. There are games where people dont even seem to be able to find objectives that are clearly marked.

In Battlefield V,  teammates on PS4 are already at the level of Battlefront II after PS plus. It's incredibly, incredibly hard to find even a semi-decent game where your team have any awareness of their surroundings. If PlayStation Plus somehow made that worse... wait, could it be worse? :P Eh, probably not. Sure, make it free. What's the worst that could happen, really? :P 
  • fragnstein
    790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA access for ps offers BF 1,4,5, HL and battlefront 1&2 for free with sub $5 a month or $30 a year.
  • Inferno91x
    55 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    now u request it to be free on console after noone plays it lol. shoud of been free ages ago
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1884 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV was heavily discounted 3 wks after release like never seen before...