Sniper glare vs. other scopes, this is ridiculous

funKeiserSoze
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Is it fine by you guys that someone with other then bolt action rifle, with scope on his weapon (LMG, MMG or other then action bolt rifle) is able to hit the target all across map with one hit?
(I would say they are cheating but then again, c'mon). Making glare on sniper rifles is hilarious, advantage of this weapon is lost on long distance and not to say disadvantages that come along with that rifle compared to the other.

KR,
K.

Comments

• emerson1975
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yep bit annoying when your blasted from the other end of the map with an lmg but I don’t think this is by design, but by someone else’s design if you know what I mean!
  • funKeiserSoze
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 24
    Yep bit annoying when your blasted from the other end of the map with an lmg but I don’t think this is by design, but by someone else’s design if you know what I mean!
    yes of course, would be nice something is done about that, anyway sun glare is idiotic on snipers, would be great if scoping against sun/light but otherwise it's stupid as doesn't exist and gives advantage others to pin point your location, what's the use of it?!?

on the other hand I've read that 3x scope doesn't do glare? can someone confirm that? as it seems, again, that a lot of cheaters on servers, a lot... being in the bush, prone, a lot of them tend to find my location (hmm.. I wonder why?), just to say I'm not tagged with flares, or small tag diamond... c'mon guys, please "make the game great again.."

P.S. would be nice to get some formal response from the stuff to be sure you are listening to us... otherwise it's useless.

• TK3600
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it is fair. 3x scope has much smaller glare than in BF1. Only 6x has huge glare.
  • MrCamp121
    1080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    yes of course, would be nice something is done about that, anyway sun glare is idiotic on snipers, would be great if scoping against sun/light but otherwise it's stupid as doesn't exist and gives advantage others to pin point your location, what's the use of it?!?

on the other hand I've read that 3x scope doesn't do glare? can someone confirm that? as it seems, again, that a lot of cheaters on servers, a lot... being in the bush, prone, a lot of them tend to find my location (hmm.. I wonder why?), just to say I'm not tagged with flares, or small tag diamond... c'mon guys, please "make the game great again.."

P.S. would be nice to get some formal response from the stuff to be sure you are listening to us... otherwise it's useless.

Glare is there for balancing

3x on recon has glare
    3x on any other classes do not (not sure why other classes need 3x to begin with)

Whether youre prone in a bush is irrelevant due to the auto spotting mechanic Dice added. If youre within 15m of someone and you look at their location, their player icon is revealed
  • funKeiserSoze
    MrCamp121 said:
    (Quote)

3x on recon has glare
    3x on any other classes do not (not sure why other classes need 3x to begin with)

Whether youre prone in a bush is irrelevant due to the auto spotting mechanic Dice added. If youre within 15m of someone and you look at their location, their player icon is revealed
    I understand the idea with 6x, but don't agree on 3x compared with other classes. Strongly disagree about the balance, on the other had this only proves that on BF5 there is a lot of cheating.
    I tried other classes 3x and I cannot hit anything more than 60m. Anyone on 15m staring on me will not have chance to reveal my icon. Never have seen this to be honest.

At the end would say this is balanced class compared to others especially when so many are cheating.. Anti-cheat system is terrible, to bad this is destroying fun :(

• CT1924
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Maybe restrict it to certain maps. It was a real thing, but only in certain environmemts. So, remove it from...
    -Solomon Islands jungle area, whole map if not possible.
    -Operation Underground underground portion
    -Devastation(dark map)
    -Pacific Storm during the storm
    -Night maps

Increase glare on Narvik and Fjell.

Have an icon that shows when you have glare on the HUD.
  • funKeiserSoze
    CT1924 said:
    (Quote)

Maybe restrict it to certain maps. It was a real thing, but only in certain environmemts. So, remove it from...
    -Solomon Islands jungle area, whole map if not possible.
    -Operation Underground underground portion
    -Devastation(dark map)
    -Pacific Storm during the storm
    -Night maps

Increase glare on Narvik and Fjell.

Have an icon that shows when you have glare on the HUD.
    Or maybe expose glare after a 2 sec or more while scoping, that might resolve the issue
  • CT1924
    1266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Or maybe expose glare after a 2 sec or more while scoping, that might resolve the issue

That makes sense, but the other follows what would actually happen, and forces players to adapt based on the map.
  • MrCamp121
    1080 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I understand the idea with 6x, but don't agree on 3x compared with other classes. Strongly disagree about the balance, on the other had this only proves that on BF5 there is a lot of cheating.
    I tried other classes 3x and I cannot hit anything more than 60m. Anyone on 15m staring on me will not have chance to reveal my icon. Never have seen this to be honest.

At the end would say this is balanced class compared to others especially when so many are cheating.. Anti-cheat system is terrible, to bad this is destroying fun :(

What does any of this have to do with cheating
  • 123loreni
    73 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1. guys no one is cheating

2. sniper glare is great idea! because as sniper you can hit from SO far away it is far you can be seen. and there are less snipers because of it!

3. yes 3x doesnt have glare

What I wonder though is how folks with 1x zoom can hit me from another side of the map! But thats off topic.

Id say that 3x zoom is perfect for most situations in BFV however I suck with it hehe
  • DingoKillr
    4233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 24
    Here the problem I have with glare on Recon weapons 3x and 6x scopes.
    AMR have it you need to be bipod, a slow velocity and a slow ROF.
    SLR have it is meant to be under 100m.
    Bolt-Action rifles have it.

Yet others with 3x scopes.
    SAR don't have and are effective up to 100m.
    AR don't have and can be used up-to 100m.
    LMG don't have and can be used up-to 100m.
    Bolt-Action carbines don't have and are effective up to 100m.

Of cause MMG, Shotgun, SMG and pistol carbine don't have. But are not design to be effective up to 100m.

There is a massive overlap at range of 0m to 100m which is the range DICE wants all classes to operate but only give disadvantages to 1 class.
    Post edited by DingoKillr on
  • ragnarok013
    3776 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    MrCamp121 said:
    (Quote)

3x on recon has glare

funKeiserSoze  let's stay on topic, this thread isn't about cheating.
  • emerson1975
    565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    123loreni wrote: »
    1. guys no one is cheating

2. sniper glare is great idea! because as sniper you can hit from SO far away it is far you can be seen. and there are less snipers because of it!

3. yes 3x doesnt have glare

What I wonder though is how folks with 1x zoom can hit me from another side of the map! But thats off topic.

Id say that 3x zoom is perfect for most situations in BFV however I suck with it hehe

Your first comment pretty much solidified that I wasn’t reading the rest of your post.
  • CSO7777
    1765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the glint is a bad mechanic, but it's the best solution at the moment for handling "snipers", it's ok for BAs.

Glint on SLRs is bad I think, even on x6 scopes. They do not have a lower TTK than some of the assault weapons and it feels like some form of "punishment" to recons.
  • 123loreni
    Any AR or automatic gun has a fire comming out of a barrel....isnt that a glint?
  • 123loreni
    hahah you are right about that! =)

sorry that you dont like it.... it helps in overall poor visibility in BFV.
  • Hawxxeye
    7477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    123loreni said:
    hahah you are right about that! =)

sorry that you dont like it.... it helps in overall poor visibility in BFV.
    This is not a BFV exclusive feature. This had been in the game at least since BF3 where the visibility was better and there was manual 3d spotting
  • mf_shro0m
    2346 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 25
    Yeh there’s no reason for the x3 scopes on BAs to have glint when the x3 scopes of other weapons don’t

I also think it’d be a good idea to give using x3 scopes some advantage over using x6 as this would incentivise players to use x3 scopes and operate closer to their targets so there’d be fewer useless hill humpers on the edges of maps. The flip side would be that at shorter distances ARs and LMGs are more lethal so it wouldn’t be unbalanced.